Who Will Win the Rematch: Sylvia vs. Arlovski - AnabolicMinds.com

Poll: UFC 61: Sylvia vs. Arlovski

Who Will Win the Rematch: Sylvia vs. Arlovski

1. Registered User

Lightbulb Who Will Win the Rematch: Sylvia vs. Arlovski

UFC 61: what do you think? Based on my limited knowledge, I think Arlovski will take it, as long as he can defend his chin. I don't know if he really does have a weak chin, but it looks like it based on Sylvia vs. Arlovski II.

2. Registered User

Arlovski is the better fighter and I think he will knock Silvia out this time.
  3. Registered User

Yeah, Arlovski is great to watch. UFC Unleashed just played his fights against Cabbage and Paul Buentello. Unbelievable hand speed and accuracy.
    •   

4. Registered User

In their last match Arlovski rocked Silvia and put him on the ground. Silvia was able to keep Arlovski at bay and then it went down hill
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

arlovski is a better fighter but sylvia may surprise us, as he did last time.
  6. Board Supporter

although there is no definite answer I don't think arlovski is going to lose again. I doubt he will make the same mistakes he made last time.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by max-rot98
    I doubt he will make the same mistakes he made last time.
    I don't think he made a mistake, Silvia got a clean hit on the chin and he punches like a Mack truck.
  8. Professional Member

Arlovski should take the fight to the ground. His ground abilities are much higher than Silva, so in my mind standing to trade is not ideal.
  9. Elite Member

Arlovski will make Sylvia look bad. I hope. Shamrock will KO Tito.
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    I hope Shamrock will KO Tito.
    I watched the fight between the two again last night and Shamrock took a beating but that Mother F-er never gave up, he just kept coming back for more. I hope he kills Tito but most liely he won't, he is pushing 40. It would also cause fight #3 if Shamrock wins.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm not a big Sylvia fan, but he is much more skilled/athletic than he looks. You're talking about a guy that is 6'7 or 6'8 that has been known to throw hi kicks to the heads of his opponents...That being said, I hope AA takes the belt back. I really enjoyed watching him make his way to the top and wouldn't mind seeing him there for a little while longer.
  12. Senior Member

It was a poor fight. Both looked bad but Arlovski looked worse considering all the hype he was getting.

Arlovski was so concerned about protecting his weak chin, he couldn't commit to any decent offense.

And Monson won't take Sylvia down, he's a blown up LHW and Sylvia will stuff his shoots and make him pay.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

very boring fight... both fighters were playing it way too safe the whole fight. andrei looked good with his punches protecting his chin during the first few rounds, but he never commited to anything. I wish Andrei would have won, but in my eyes, neither fighter won, both were piss poor performances. I havent watched the fights after the sylvia fight, but I dont think Monson will have a chance against Sylvia. If the Iceman gets past Babalu, then I dont think he stands a chance agains the Axe Murderer in November...Rampage Jackson stuck it to Liddell before, and Jackson cant pull a win over Wanderlei...good to see him fighting in UFC, but I dont think there is any competition for him.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  14. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    very boring fight... both fighters were playing it way too safe the whole fight. andrei looked good with his punches protecting his chin during the first few rounds, but he never commited to anything. I wish Andrei would have won, but in my eyes, neither fighter won, both were piss poor performances. I havent watched the fights after the sylvia fight, but I dont think Monson will have a chance against Sylvia. If the Iceman gets past Babalu, then I dont think he stands a chance agains the Axe Murderer in November...Rampage Jackson stuck it to Liddell before, and Jackson cant pull a win over Wanderlei...good to see him fighting in UFC, but I dont think there is any competition for him.
    MMAth does not work. That said, I'll be rooting for the axe murderer, and I think he will win. I also picked Arlovski and Shamrock so don't listen to me.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    I also picked Arlovski and Shamrock so don't listen to me.
    lol, damn. i'm batting .500 at least
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

Arlovski did take a coupla shots to his chin and from what I saw, it DID affect him. I think the world has his # now and wil be hard for him in the near future.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

on sherdog.com sylvia was interviewed after the fight and they asked him what he thought of him matching up with Fedor...he said that he thinks he can take him... i laughed so hard. I only wish Fedor would come and take Tim's title..it'd be like taking candy from a baby.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  18. Elite Member

I'd love to see Semmy Schilt come back to the UFC and give Sylvia a whooping. I really can't see Sylvia lasting 1 minute with Fedor.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I still think AA is the superior fighter to Sylvia in the sense that he could beat a greater number of quality opponents, but if he chooses to forgo his groundgame then he's chosen to handicap himself.

AA is very fast and I'll assume strong, he has subs, there's no reason he should have kept with the boxing alone past round three and why he did'nt go for a single leg when he had the clinch in round one is a mystery.
    Well stated. I think many would agree with you about this. It seemed like Arlovski wanted stay on his feet to prove that he didn't have a weak chin. Oh well.
  20. Registered User

Stand n' Pray, Arlovski buying right into Sylvia's gameplan of a tighter defense with the protection of a longer reach, quit the legkicks too early, no shoots, boring to watch and futile choices by AA.

Sylvia's in for a far different fight with Monson, he'll have to connect better to stop the snowman from plowing him down. Sylvia likely won't be getting back up if/when Monson takes him down.
    I think it's going to be When for sure. Monson is an animal.

This was a very disappointing fight. I really expected AA to go fight to get the belt back a little harder. Of course thatís easy for me to say, Iíve never been hit by Sylvia.
  21. Professional Member

Arlovski and his corner really cheated themselves by deciding to stand and trade punches with a bigger man with a longer reach. Arlovski would have won this fight on the ground, too bad he never tried to take it there.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

that fight just shows that AA doesnt got what it takes. He should have seen that Sylvia always dropps his left when he throws, he could have put him out if he showed more aggression and less respect in the late rounds because after all he was the challenger he needed to take the fight. really he hasnt showed any heart in any fights. if you havent noticed AA is pretty slow mentally too i think haha. It would be great to see the PRIDE heavyweights against Sylvia. There are a bunch of them that would take him.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

you guys Seen Sylvia's post fight interview on Sherdog? according to him, Fedor is a little **** that has never faced a tall striker of Tim's quality.
    Did he forget that he trains with his brother who's 6'6" and a great boxer?

I'm convinced that AA is a much better fighter physically, but just doesn't have the mental toughness. And why didn't he at least try to shoot? Trying to outpoint a guy 5 inches taller was at best an even effort at times and usually a losing one.

Definitely a boring fight.
  24. Registered User

What a waste of 40 bucks! I was so excited to see the 2 main events and they both blew. The only good fight was w/ Joe Stevenson, he really cut that dude open with his elbows.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrupted
    What a waste of 40 bucks! I was so excited to see the 2 main events and they both blew. The only good fight was w/ Joe Stevenson, he really cut that dude open with his elbows.
    On paper this card looked really good. I expected a lot more out of Neer/Burkeman fight too. I was for sure one of those guys was going to get hurt bad, but like the main event, it never materialized.
  26. O.G. Appnut

Reputation Reputation

let me start by saying I have very limited knowledge of what has occurred in MMA, and who the player's are, but:

Why all the hype on Silva? Didn't he get beaten by Ortiz and Belfort? perhaps he has improved....?
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane
    Why all the hype on Silva? Didn't he get beaten by Ortiz and Belfort? perhaps he has improved....?
    That was a few years ago...and yes he has improved greatly since he has been in the Pride organization!
  28. Professional Member

Much of the hype and excitement comes from the AGGRESSIVE style that Silva employs. In addition to that, he is definitely one of the top fighters in the world.
  29. Elite Member

let me start by saying I have very limited knowledge of what has occurred in MMA, and who the player's are, but:

He lost to Belfort 7 years ago, and Tito 6 years ago. Belfort caught him with the Phenom fury and TKO'd him. Tito just layed n prayed for a decision. Wand was a kid then, and would beat both of those guys nowadays(most likely).
  30. Registered User

Yeah, those fights were 6 and 8 years ago. And Silva whooped Rampage (twice); Rampage beat Chuck; Chuck beat Tito. So that 6 or 8 year old loss isn't a factor in 2006.

Silva also has one hell of a chin. He is 31-5, and has only lost twice in the last 6 years. Check out his record Advertising at Sherdog.com One of those losses was to Hunt, who has at least 50lbs on him, and is athletic as hell despite his size.
  31. Registered User

...and I meant to mention that even Hunt thought Silva beat him.

After Hunt landed the Atomic Butt Drop on a grounded Silva, Silva immediately gained dominant position; he might have even gotten the mount. Not quite of Fedor-slammed-by-Randleman-esque proportions, but definitely headed in that realm of amazing.
  32. Board Supporter

Personally I couldnt care less when Sylvia fights next. I'm not really a fan of the current heavyweight division simply due to the size disproportionality. I would sooner watch Arlovski in non-title fights against similar sized opponents.

IMO Sylvia worked his way up the UFC HW ladder using his size as a prop for his sub-par skills. Since his original meeting with Arlovski he has been purposely built to beat that particular opponent. Unless the UFC can scrape up some more genetic singularities I think we will just see a bunch of Sylvia jab, straight, and stuff take down snooze-fests against shorter opponents.

Time for a super HW division...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Who will win the BIG 12 North
    By BigMfer in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 01:55 AM
  2. New Who will win the Superbowl poll!
    By SgtP in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 11:46 AM
  3. Who will order the 'O webcast?
    By Grunt76 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 07:55 PM
  4. who will win world cup
    By spatch in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 06:44 PM
  5. I'll hit it off - who will win NBA rookie of the year?
    By judge-mental in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 04:18 PM