Possible F. Shamrock vs. Baroni match

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if people heard this rumor (no, it is not confirmed and given Frank's history who knows if it will happen), but Shamrock may eventually fight Baroni in Strikeforce.

If the fight happens, I think it will be an easy win for Frank. He always has a solid strategy and once you last a few minutes with Baroni, you can usually pick up the win. It is a match against decent competition for Frank and would let us see if he still has a solid game.

Side Note: I heard that FSN's Pride show is showing Hunt vs. Cro cop this Sunday.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
What channel is FSN? I hope it is on my satellite

Pit Bull

Awards
Not sure if people heard this rumor (no, it is not confirmed and given Frank's history who knows if it will happen), but Shamrock may eventually fight Baroni in Strikeforce.

If the fight happens, I think it will be an easy win for Frank. He always has a solid strategy and once you last a few minutes with Baroni, you can usually pick up the win. It is a match against decent competition for Frank and would let us see if he still has a solid game.

Side Note: I heard that FSN's Pride show is showing Hunt vs. Cro cop this Sunday.
this fight happening is pretty much up to Frank. Baroni already said he'd like to fight him but is fighting in pride at the moment. still though maybe in the near future we'll see this

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Frank by whatever he wants. Baroni is too slow for Frank. He's always got a punchers chance, but not a good one.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Frank says this fight is on at Strikeforce Dec. 8th from his interview on Sherdog's Beatdown.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frank Shamrock is one of the best fighters that I have ever seen. His fight with Tito is legendary and I hope that he will make a serious comeback. He is not that old, I think he is oin his early 30's, so he has some good years left in him. Considering that his body has not had to take the abuse from fighting he is probably more fit now than a few years ago.

For those that have never seen Frank grapple, here he is going against Dan Henderson.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frank Shamrock was a awesome fighter, where the hell did he go? I thought he retired or something. At first I thought we were talking about Ken because I just took Frank's name out of the fight game.

size

Awards
  • Established
Frank Shamrock is/was an amazingly skilled fighter.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hope it happens. I'd love to see Frank against Rich Franklin, that would be a war.

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
I think hes been teaching and giving seminars

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Frank was trying to set up his own promotion with a unique combat area but it never took off. As for him fighting Franklin I highly doubt it will happen, at least in the UFC. He has very unflattering things to say about the UFC and Dana White in particular so don't expect to see him fighting in the octagon any time soon. Frank had a ton of talent and potential but for whatever reason, mostly ego(IMO), decided he was too good realize his potential. He could easily have been a champ in either of the big promotions but instead just squandered his potential.

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Confirmed again in Frank's newsletter. December 8...Strikeforce. The question is will this fight be like the Cesar Gracie fight where you had to pay for the d/l?

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
yeah frank diff. has some skills, although ive seen in some of hs fights his cockyness ends up hurtin him in the end. him vs bas rutten in the pancrase match is just one example of this but.... id still like to see him fight. actually im still waiting on bas rutten to come back as he announced on fs one night that he going to

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
yeah frank diff. has some skills, although ive seen in some of hs fights his cockyness ends up hurtin him in the end. him vs bas rutten in the pancrase match is just one example of this but.... id still like to see him fight. actually im still waiting on bas rutten to come back as he announced on fs one night that he going to
Bas did fight fight recently in the WFA vs. Warpath after Kimo tested positive for roids. Not sure if you were aware of this or are refering to some future comeback by Bas.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Bas did fight fight recently in the WFA vs. Warpath after Kimo tested positive for roids. Not sure if you were aware of this or are refering to some future comeback by Bas.

ahh yeah i forgot bout that, but i do also remember he was chattin about a supposed comeback to either pride or ufc on sfs south to the oher announcer. this was like 3-4 months ago so i guess if there isnt any other news he prob changed his mind lol, or just did after watching tito shamrock 3 lol

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
So yeah, guess this fight ain't happening and Frank's just talking.