The winner, and STILL Light heavyweight champ....

  1. The winner, and STILL Light heavyweight champ....


    Chuck Freakin Liddel. Overall, pretty entertaining fight card. Was sad to see Randy retire, but it was time. He got his ass WHOOPED. And to all those who said Chuck couldn't defend randy's takedowns...

    Other than that..
    Couldn't believe Mir lost like that. Would like to have seen what would have happened without the cut.

  2. tattoopierced1
    tattoopierced1's Avatar

    figured Mir would lose..he's been out a while....

  3. Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    figured Mir would lose..he's been out a while....
    yeah, I didn't think he would be as good as he used to be, with the leg injury, but the guy he was fighting had only had 1 other mma fight. Mir got cut early and had blood in his eyes most of the time. His face looked loike somebody just popped his cherry.
    •   
       


  4. Couture said he wasn't going compete in the octagon anymore but his statement doesn't preclude him from competing in Pride.

    Retiring could be a way to get out of his UFC contract.

  5. Goddamn it. I wanted Couture to take back the belt.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage
    Goddamn it. I wanted Couture to take back the belt.
    Me too, me too . On a positive not I thought Jeff Monson looked pretty impressive. 5'8, 240 pounds, what a beast.

  7. Since Couture doesn't have the title and is free from UFC, he could face Silva. That matchup couldn't happened because UFC-Pride were competing promotions.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    Since Couture doesn't have the title and is free from UFC, he could face Silva. That matchup couldn't happened because UFC-Pride were competing promotions.
    Chuck did it. He came out with the belt, a UFC shirt, and to UFC music. Dana and Randy even did commentary.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by BingeAndPurge
    Chuck did it. He came out with the belt, a UFC shirt, and to UFC music. Dana and Randy even did commentary.
    Wearing the belt?

    Chuck wasn't the LHW champ and just lost to Couture when he entered the 2003 PrideGP.

  10. Guess you're right. I'm probably thinking of Randy wearing the belt sometime during the broadcast.

  11. Chuck is on top of his game right now. Put Chuck in with Rampage next and lets see if Chuck can avenge that first loss. Or if Rampage can powerbomb/headbutt him into oblivion/

  12. Quote Originally Posted by 502 Country Boy
    Chuck is on top of his game right now. Put Chuck in with Rampage next and lets see if Chuck can avenge that first loss. Or if Rampage can powerbomb/headbutt him into oblivion/
    This I would love to see. That would be a kick ass fight!

  13. If Randy goes to Pride, he'll need more than a Fizogen strap to save his ass...

  14. I Like Chuck,, He's Been Proven To Be A Real Fighter,, Chuck Will Fight Anywhere,, Unlike Randy Who Won't Fight In The Ring,, Im Glad Chuck Won,, And I Was Expecting That Too
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 09:57 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 03:02 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Log in
Log in