who competes? - AnabolicMinds.com

who competes?

  1. Board Supporter
    Kristopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    551

    Reputation

    who competes?


    In mma(or boxing/kickboxing/grappling)..
    roll call

  2. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    525

    Reputation

    I take BJJ classes, but am not into competing as of yet. Some of the guys are talking about going to NAGA in Cali here in a month, but I don't think I'm there yet.
  3. Registered User
    JonesersRX7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,487
    Rep Power
    861

    Reputation

    I want to start training here soon. If anyone knows of good places in AZ, more around N. Phoenix/Scottsdale let me know.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Kaboju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    There are tons of places in phoenix.
  5. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    525

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JonesersRX7
    I want to start training here soon. If anyone knows of good places in AZ, more around N. Phoenix/Scottsdale let me know.
    Here's a good place to look: http://www.mma.tv/schools/
  6. Advanced Member
    Jeff's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    637
    Rep Power
    461

    Reputation

    I train in KB, and Thai and just started with BJJ, wrestled in HS. I am getting too old to fight, but I do alot of sparring work. Sometimes those fighters need a punching bag with real bones, lol.
  7. Neu
    New Member
    Neu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    153

    Reputation

    18+ years (Boxing and Judo) but I dont compete anymore
  8. Hang'n & Bang'n
    sikdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    615
    Rep Power
    445

    Reputation

    I've trained in kickboxing and Muay Thai when i was in my twenties (among ather things)... i actually fought a couple of smoker fights. It was alot of fun. One of my buddies was an instructor at the Gracie Academy and used to train a bunch of us in his garage. A couple of the guys actually fought at King of the Cage and a few other local MMA events. I always wanedt to try MMA but at 39, i think i'm too old to start now. Not everyone can be Randy Couture...
  9. Board Supporter
    intv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    330

    Reputation

    I train, but don't compete. When my schedule clears up and I get to go to class steadily, it really makes me want to compete, but then I remember why I don't when I'm working 60 hours a week and going out of town, lol. We train standard mma stuff - stand up, clinch, and ground. We spend lots of time (70% of class probably) sparring stand up and clinch. I really only average 2-4 hours a week in class. I probably spend another 4 hours a week working the heavy bag and doing sand bag work. Not nearly enough training to compete!
  10. New Member
    SUPERMAN0383's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by intv
    I train, but don't compete. When my schedule clears up and I get to go to class steadily, it really makes me want to compete, but then I remember why I don't when I'm working 60 hours a week and going out of town, lol. We train standard mma stuff - stand up, clinch, and ground. We spend lots of time (70% of class probably) sparring stand up and clinch. I really only average 2-4 hours a week in class. I probably spend another 4 hours a week working the heavy bag and doing sand bag work. Not nearly enough training to compete!
    I compete in BJJ tournaments and MMA tournaments. Member of Team Revolution.
  11. Board Supporter
    Kristopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    551

    Reputation

    How many fights have you had? does your team have a website?

    cheers
  12. New Member
    SUPERMAN0383's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher
    How many fights have you had? does your team have a website?

    cheers
    1-0-0 MMA. http://www.samuelpucciobjj.com/index.asp
  13. New Member
    asianid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    I've been thinking about doing some competing, but I'd really like to drop some weight first. 5'7" and 180lbs is not where I'd want to fight.
  14. New Member
    SUPERMAN0383's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by asianid
    I've been thinking about doing some competing, but I'd really like to drop some weight first. 5'7" and 180lbs is not where I'd want to fight.
    You could probably fight 155 (I think that's the right weight) no problem. I normally weight 230 and have no trouble dropping down to 205. Plus, you can work with your opponent on weight. Some guys are gool if you're a 5-10 lbs over others can be real pricks..just depends.
  15. Advanced Member
    BingeAndPurge's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    525

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAN0383
    You could probably fight 155 (I think that's the right weight) no problem. I normally weight 230 and have no trouble dropping down to 205. Plus, you can work with your opponent on weight. Some guys are gool if you're a 5-10 lbs over others can be real pricks..just depends.
    Yeah, that's what scares me. I weigh 230 at the moment, which is low for me. At that weight I'd be going up against some diesel mofo's. Would like to think I could get down to 205, but I would feel so skinny.
  16. Board Supporter
    Kristopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    551

    Reputation

    Drop to 215 then cut 10lbs, the lighter i get the better i feel and the more agility/athletisicm i have,
    its definately a good idea to go against guys who are gonna be the same size as you
  17. New Member
    SUPERMAN0383's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher
    Drop to 215 then cut 10lbs, the lighter i get the better i feel and the more agility/athletisicm i have,
    its definately a good idea to go against guys who are gonna be the same size as you
    Yea I watched a guy who fought last night in the superheavy weight..how fought light heavyweight two months ago..he should fight in the middleweight his **** got owned! I'd like to cut to 205 and fight superheavy weights. : )
  18. New Member
    asianid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAN0383
    You could probably fight 155 (I think that's the right weight) no problem. I normally weight 230 and have no trouble dropping down to 205. Plus, you can work with your opponent on weight. Some guys are gool if you're a 5-10 lbs over others can be real pricks..just depends.
    I fought in taekwondo tournaments when i was in college at 140lbs. But then I started lifting after I graduated and I really don't want to lose the gains I've made. I think I may try to drop down to 170lb and fight. That'll prob put me around 10% BF.
  19. New Member
    SUPERMAN0383's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    165

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by asianid
    I fought in taekwondo tournaments when i was in college at 140lbs. But then I started lifting after I graduated and I really don't want to lose the gains I've made. I think I may try to drop down to 170lb and fight. That'll prob put me around 10% BF.
    I'm not sure if there is a 170 lb division. I know of 155 and 180 but I'm sure you could fight 180. The actual TKD won't really help you in fighting but the experience of competing will.
  20. New Member
    warriorway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    358

    Reputation

    I'd like to compete. I don't know when I'll be ready though. My uncle owns a gym and because he's native, the casino lets him promote all the Kickboxing and boxing matches. I'd like to get into it heavy and start training with him this winter. He lives like an hour and a half away though that's why I'm not training there now.
  21. Registered User
    revodrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    671

    Reputation

    I competein grappling. Been doing so for about 18 years. I teach the younger kids (son is 6) and I try to live it through him but then I put to much pressure on him. I go out there and get my ass beat up a little and love it. Plan on doing it till I cant take the pain.
  22. New Member
    Bigfishy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    197

    Reputation

    In in Tucson AZ and training fro a little Rage In The Cage action. Hey if your looking for somewhere to train for full contact in the Phx area I suggest getting on the rage in the cage website and shopping around the sites links. Plenty of "decent" places in Phx
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. NASS Who competes?
    By BS Nutrition in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 11:39 AM
  2. who competes/plans on competing within next year or so
    By glenihan in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 05:48 PM
  3. Who would switch?
    By Alpha Dog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 03:00 AM
  4. Does 19Nor and 1, 4 compete for the same enzyme?
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 08:50 PM
  5. Who would win in a fight????
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2002, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in