MayWeather or McGregor

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. MayWeather or McGregor

I think McGregor will win this fight by a knockout. What do you Ladies and Gentlemen think?

2. mayweather KO in the 5th.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    I think McGregor will win this fight by a knockout. What do you Ladies and Gentlemen think?
    Hell, I will just be happy if it's a contest.
    OLYMPUS LABS/OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]

4. still can't believe people thought Conor had a chance...I just wish the ref didn't hop in so Floyd could put McG down for good

5. It takes years not months to master a discipline and then you're still taking on the best in the world at that discipline. I was pretty impressed to see him make it to the 10th round tbh.
    •   

6. he made it to the 10th because Floyd let him...don't believe the hype.

7. He's 40 fighting a 29 year old... He played it wisely. He lost the first few rounds while figuring Connors style. The middle rounds he began to work the body and wear him down. Set Connor up for fatigue and the tko in the 10. I don't believe he "let him" do anything. He fought in a way to make sure he won and in the fashion he predicted, that he would stop him. He executed his plan
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com

8. I was thinking with my Heart , and not My Wallet. Lol!

9. Quote Originally Posted by BEAST73 View Post
    I was thinking with my Heart , and not My Wallet. Lol!
    Lol it's ok man, a lot of people got caught up haha. I will say Connor is pretty smart as this has set him up to do so much outside of just mma, plus he just made a pile of cash.
    Rep for Mr. Supps

10. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    He's 40 fighting a 29 year old... He played it wisely. He lost the first few rounds while figuring Connors style. The middle rounds he began to work the body and wear him down. Set Connor up for fatigue and the tko in the 10. I don't believe he "let him" do anything. He fought in a way to make sure he won and in the fashion he predicted, that he would stop him. He executed his plan
    you can't play wait and figure out an opponent's style without "letting them" extend the fight...

I give Conor the 1st, and that's it...people claim he won rd's 2 and 3, yet only landed 7 more total shots while throwing 59 more attempts...more activity doesn't mean you win a rd if your landed percentage is only 21 and your opponents is 46...2 of the 3 judges felt this exact same way.

can't say it wasn't entertaining, but not once did Conor do anything to warrant Floyd's attention.

11. I don't believe Mayweather "let him" make the tenth round. He stuck to the game plan with the best possible outcome.

12. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    I don't believe Mayweather "let him" make the tenth round. He stuck to the game plan with the best possible outcome.
    a gameplan literally based upon reading an opponent for the first couple rds, which by definition gives that said opponent an extended period in the ring...Floyd threw 6 total shots in the 1st, 10 in the 2nd and 12 in the 3rd, lol...I think I broke a bigger sweat typing this out than Floyd did the entire fight.

13. What was the alternative then? I'm not sure Mayweather could have knocked out a fired up and fresh Mcgregor in the early rounds. We'll never know.

14. I'm not saying a Mike Tyson type of K.O. would have happened, just stating the obvious. The fight played out like the novel it was written off of, and you and I both expected it.
    No one forced Conor to throw and tire out as quickly as he did. He could've just as easily conserved his energy.
    He just wasn't landing anything that flirted with dangerous in the mind of Floyd, and rightfully so.

15. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    I don't believe Mayweather "let him" make the tenth round. He stuck to the game plan with the best possible outcome.
    This. What it looked like is that McGregor just didn't have enough endurance to last through the later rounds. He didn't really have the power to knock Mayweather out either though, so Mayweather's plan worked. I really don't think Mayweather could have ended the right with a KO in the first few rounds, not without risking getting knocked down himself. We didn't really see McGregor start struggling until he was visibly tired and winded, and it didn't appear to be from the hits he was taking, but just from the length of the fight. Even then, he showed he can take a few punches and not fall. Mayweather was clearly the better boxer, and I do think he had a plan for the fight, but I also think McGregor had a respectable showing, and that Mayweather may have underestimated him going into the fight.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    I'm not saying a Mike Tyson type of K.O. would have happened, just stating the obvious. The fight played out like the novel it was written off of, and you and I both expected it.
    No one forced Conor to throw and tire out as quickly as he did. He could've just as easily conserved his energy.
    He just wasn't landing anything that flirted with dangerous in the mind of Floyd, and rightfully so.
    Yeah, like I said, in retrospect, I don't think either of them have the power for an early round KO unless someone gets lucky. McGregor just didn't have the endurance to last to the later rounds, and Mayweather likely expected and counted on this. Mayweather was clearly defensive and feeling things out to start, but I don't think he really "allowed" the fight to drag out, but rather his strategy was such that he could take advantage of a very tired McGregor.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    This. What it looked like is that McGregor just didn't have enough endurance to last through the later rounds. He didn't really have the power to knock Mayweather out either though, so Mayweather's plan worked. I really don't think Mayweather could have ended the right with a KO in the first few rounds, not without risking getting knocked down himself. We didn't really see McGregor start struggling until he was visibly tired and winded, and it didn't appear to be from the hits he was taking, but just from the length of the fight. Even then, he showed he can take a few punches and not fall. Mayweather was clearly the better boxer, and I do think he had a plan for the fight, but I also think McGregor had a respectable showing, and that Mayweather may have underestimated him going into the fight.
    I agree
    The body punches.... People don't realize how much stamina this takes out of a fighter. The middle rounds Floyd started to land these
    Rep for Mr. Supps

18. Yea, sorry..can't buy it...Floyd worked this fight like a bank heist...anyone actually willing to believe Conor stood a chance to begin with or that his overall showing wasn't a product of Floyd giving the fans exactly what they wanted to see, aren't willing to see what was right in front of their face.
  19. MayWeather or McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    Yea, sorry..can't buy it...Floyd worked this fight like a bank heist...anyone actually willing to believe Conor stood a chance to begin with or that his overall showing wasn't a product of Floyd giving the fans exactly what they wanted to see, aren't willing to see what was right in front of their face.
    I didn't say that McGregor actually had a legitimate chance to win, only that I don't think Mayweather could really have knocked him out in the first few rounds even if he wanted to, at least not without risking getting knocked down himself. Mayweather had a solid plan he executed well, but I still believe that this plan was intended primarily to give him the best chance of winning, not primarily to "give the fans what they wanted to see." Mayweather is clearly the better boxer, but neither man had the ability to really knock each other out early on. Mayweather was smart to wait for McGregor to tire out and then take advantage of it.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    Yea, sorry..can't buy it...Floyd worked this fight like a bank heist...anyone actually willing to believe Conor stood a chance to begin with or that his overall showing wasn't a product of Floyd giving the fans exactly what they wanted to see, aren't willing to see what was right in front of their face.
    this.. the whole fight including the build up was setup in such a way that it will be a win-win for everyone. floyd gets his 50-0 plus a few hundred million more, mcgregor gets to yap that he went 10rds with the greatest and potentially setting himself up for a rematch (or) other fights with other boxers (khan, malignaggi... heck even shane mosley) / mma trilogy with Nate Diaz.. boxing gets its day of new audience from mma and Dana white/ufc get their mega share for promoting it.

21. UFC and TMT basically stole the storyline from Rocky 1 ..lol

22. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    Lol your right bro, I actually think they got together beforehand and planned it out like a wrestling match 😉

He always gives the fans what they want to see, that's why he got paid 100mil. That's how he fights lol
    Rep for Mr. Supps

23. sarcasm aside.. anything can happen when there is big money to be made

24. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Lol your right bro, I actually think they got together beforehand and planned it out like a wrestling match ��

He always gives the fans what they want to see, that's why he got paid 100mil. That's how he fights lol

you can't compare this to his other fights...Conor will never be competition inside the ring for Floyd...not 20 years ago, and not last night at 11 years younger....the simple fact that the first thing he said to Conor after the fight was, "We rich", should be an easy indicator on how serious Floyd took the fight...

25. Quote Originally Posted by Yomo View Post
    you can't compare this to his other fights...Conor will never be competition inside the ring for Floyd...not 20 years ago, and not last night at 11 years younger....the simple fact that the first thing he said to Conor after the fight was, "We rich", should be an easy indicator on how serious Floyd took the fight...
    I never said he was competition lol just that Mayweather executed his plan. I had mayweather to tko him earlier like 5 or 6. I think w 8oz gloves mayweather knew to stay clear of Connors possible knockout power until it was safe. Once he was tired he went in. Just imagine if with 1 punch old Floyd is 49-1 and loss to a UFC fighter. He hadn't fought for 2 years and is 40 lol. Floyd fought a smart safe fight and delivered just what he said he would which was stopping him. I mean c'mon bro, its not like Connor can't throw a punch, your acting as if he had no experience fighting because he's not a boxer.
    Rep for Mr. Supps

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mayweather vs. McGregor tickets ON SALE NOW!!
    By WesleyInman in forum MMA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2017, 02:21 PM
  2. Mayweather VS. McGregor - August 26th 2017
    By WesleyInman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 07-01-2017, 10:11 PM
  3. To Rub or not to Rub
    By Big Joe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
  4. now or later?