Predictions on UFC 200

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
What are your predictions?
Mine are the following:

McGregor vs. Diaz - (Diaz win by decision) I want to say submission like the first fight but fuhk it I think McGregor will have worked on his BJJ as much as possible this training camp so a sub may be more difficult to sink in.

Aldo vs. Edgar - (Aldo win by submission) This is a great fight! I love Edgar and he's well rounded and really want him to fight McGregor but if I had to put money on it I'm going with Aldo. Sorry Frankie.

Misha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes - (Nunes win by KO) Absolutely no reasoning behind my decision here. Just taking a shot in the dark. Cat zingano tko'd nunes but let's see how my gambling is lol.

Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez - (Cain win by decision)

I'm not posting the undercard but feel free to mention your predictions on that if you'd like.

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
I don't see Diaz EVER winning a decision with Mcgregor. I'm assuming mcgregor will come in much better shape, and we all saw how easily he picked Nate when he was fresh in the first. And tbh, I couldn't see this going past three rounds. Mcgregor will either knock him out or punch himself out and get submitted.

With the Aldo fight, I've got Frankie by KO. This a bold pick, but here are the reasons.. Aldo had never been KO'd before mcgregor, but now we know it can happen and aldo doesn't have that chip on his shoulder. Edgar's wrestling and endurance are far to good to get taken down easily, even in the late rounds. I see Aldo chopping his legs a lot, and potentially running into a strong straight right, or Edgar will follow in mcgregors tactics and set him up for a left on the chin.

Miesha won't get knocked out by nunes, no way no how. Holly is a much more polished AND powerful striker than nunes, so I see this being a cakewalk for Tate. Expect her to use her wrestling to get to a ground game and out grapple for a submission, or at the least, decision win.

Cain Velasquez is a monster. He will have learned from what happened in Mexico with fabricio and will come back in excellent shape, and he will absolutely run through Travis. While Travis is powerful with good kickboxing, I don't see him being any type of challenge for a motivated and in shape Cain. Plus, Travis has a soft chin, we haven't seen it in the last few fights but he does. Cain by KO or a brutal bestdown unanimous decision.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I don't see Diaz EVER winning a decision with Mcgregor. I'm assuming mcgregor will come in much better shape, and we all saw how easily he picked Nate when he was fresh in the first. And tbh, I couldn't see this going past three rounds. Mcgregor will either knock him out or punch himself out and get submitted.

With the Aldo fight, I've got Frankie by KO. This a bold pick, but here are the reasons.. Aldo had never been KO'd before mcgregor, but now we know it can happen and aldo doesn't have that chip on his shoulder. Edgar's wrestling and endurance are far to good to get taken down easily, even in the late rounds. I see Aldo chopping his legs a lot, and potentially running into a strong straight right, or Edgar will follow in mcgregors tactics and set him up for a left on the chin.

Miesha won't get knocked out by nunes, no way no how. Holly is a much more polished AND powerful striker than nunes, so I see this being a cakewalk for Tate. Expect her to use her wrestling to get to a ground game and out grapple for a submission, or at the least, decision win.

Cain Velasquez is a monster. He will have learned from what happened in Mexico with fabricio and will come back in excellent shape, and he will absolutely run through Travis. While Travis is powerful with good kickboxing, I don't see him being any type of challenge for a motivated and in shape Cain. Plus, Travis has a soft chin, we haven't seen it in the last few fights but he does. Cain by KO or a brutal bestdown unanimous decision.
The Diaz brother's have the best endurance and stamina in the UFC. They do triathlons. Nick has swam from Alcatraz twice. They are phenomenally in shape . If Nate can utilize his reach and keep McGregor on the outside, I can see Diaz easily bringing it to a decision. And the reason IMO why mcgregor landed so many shots against Diaz the first fight was due to the fact that Diaz took the fight short notice and didn't have a training camp. We will see if Conor can land on Diaz with a full camp. Also, Diaz has a VERY strong chin. He can take punches. Knocking Diaz out is no easy task. A lot of people see blood and think it's a big indicator of damage tooken, when in fact Diaz has a lot of scar tissue so a very light hit can open up a cut on Diaz. Regardless I'm excited! I respect your picks. Very interesting and I agree with a few things you mentioned. Can't wait for this event!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
McGregor vs. Diaz - (Diaz by KO) - I still say McGregor took a dive because he didn't want to get knocked out and knew it was about to happen. He knew he was going to lose, but wanted to at least not get knocked out. There is no possible way McGregor can take Diaz on the ground, but I don't think he'll take another dive and will stand and take it this time.

Aldo vs. Edgar - (Aldo for the win)

Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes - (Miesha by submission)

Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez - (Browne by KO)

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
McGregor vs. Diaz - (Diaz by KO) - I still say McGregor took a dive because he didn't want to get knocked out and knew it was about to happen. He knew he was going to lose, but wanted to at least not get knocked out. There is no possible way McGregor can take Diaz on the ground, but I don't think he'll take another dive and will stand and take it this time.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I'm hoping as we get closer to the event we will have more opinions on here

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I'm hoping as we get closer to the event we will have more opinions on here
Same. Regardless of who wins and how, it's going to be a great one.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Good pics here

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Diaz by sub again

Edgar by tko

Tate by decision

Cain by oblideration

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So Conor is out of UFC 200 and claims he is retiring?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So Conor is out of UFC 200 and claims he is retiring?
Yeah. Dana says he pulled Conor from 200 for not doing promotional stuff.

Conor's camp says he saw a fighter die and decided to retire.

Who knows

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah. Dana says he pulled Conor from 200 for not doing promotional stuff.

Conor's camp says he saw a fighter die and decided to retire.

Who knows
Well that's a valid reason, but it goes against his whole warrior bs talk and he had to know that was always a possibility. That last fight must have really rattled his confidence.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well that's a valid reason, but it goes against his whole warrior bs talk and he had to know that was always a possibility. That last fight must have really rattled his confidence.
One of my friends just said Dana pulled him for not going to Vegas for marketing (which Dana pulled Diaz for a while back.. Against GSP I think) so Conor tweeted his retirement. Kinda pouty poo move.
Conor wanted $10M (ten million) for the fight, too so that may have played into it.

All seems kinda weird to me

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There's a lot more to this story ..Conor has a lot more left in the tank. I wonder if he's trying to duck Diaz

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
It's doubtful but what if he tested hot for roids and the UFC is covering it up. Because if he tested hot his superstar status goes down the drain. USADA will not make it public knowledge due to privacy.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
He refused to do any promotional/ marketing media. He refused to do a commercial to. He wants a lot of money and the UFC denied his requests so he said fuhk it and said he is retiring. He will end up waiting for the UFC to call. He will fight and defend his title the winner of Aldo vs. Edgar. The UFC will give him his money to defend his belt. He's actually smart

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
One of my friends just said Dana pulled him for not going to Vegas for marketing (which Dana pulled Diaz for a while back.. Against GSP I think) so Conor tweeted his retirement. Kinda pouty poo move.
Conor wanted $10M (ten million) for the fight, too so that may have played into it.

All seems kinda weird to me
and then you have conor saying he doesn't care about money- spend spend spend- theres more to this

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's doubtful but what if he tested hot for roids and the UFC is covering it up. Because if he tested hot his superstar status goes down the drain. USADA will not make it public knowledge due to privacy.
They have had big stars before test positive and didn't cover it up. They might have given them an easy punishment, but they still made it known.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He refused to do any promotional/ marketing media. He refused to do a commercial to. He wants a lot of money and the UFC denied his requests so he said fuhk it and said he is retiring. He will end up waiting for the UFC to call. He will fight and defend his title the winner of Aldo vs. Edgar. The UFC will give him his money to defend his belt. He's actually smart
Yeah, I think it's probably mostly Conor's ego vs Dana's ego. Dana won't budge. There will always be another great fighter to come along and make the UFC money.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Yeah, I think it's probably mostly Conor's ego vs Dana's ego. Dana won't budge. There will always be another great fighter to come along and make the UFC money.
I agree. But McGregor is a one in a lifetime trash talker. Dude is hilarious! He's chael sonnen x5,000 lol. He will be back. No way his retirement is solid. This is a huge money maker for Connor.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
exactly, why throw millions to one person, when you have guys that will do it for hundreds? UFC ultimate 1 was the best and look what happened. Conor isnt done, anyone smell strike force

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I agree. But McGregor is a one in a lifetime trash talker. Dude is hilarious! He's chael sonnen x5,000 lol. He will be back. No way his retirement is solid. This is a huge money maker for Connor.
Huh? guess we all forgot about Bisping

tito? I can go on here lol

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
exactly, why throw millions to one person, when you have guys that will do it for hundreds? UFC ultimate 1 was the best and look what happened. Conor isnt done, anyone smell strike force
Nah, he's just going to wait by the phone for Dana to call and say "OK, we need you to defend your belt against -------(Aldo or Edgar)" the UFC will workout a high pay for that.
Conor is being smart about this. He wants to make as much money as possible then leave the game.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Nah, he's just going to wait by the phone for Dana to call and say "OK, we need you to defend your belt against -------(Aldo or Edgar)" the UFC will workout a high pay for that.
Conor is being smart about this. He wants to make as much money as possible then leave the game.
hmm, might have a point there

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's PED, or Drug failure. UFC has been in spotlight over other issues lately, and this is a cover up. I could be wrong, but who knows.

On a side note, Corey Beastin Anderson who is up and coming is from the town I live in now. He was on the last McGregor Diaz card. Restaurants here have sandwiches and stuff named for him lol.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I think it's PED, or Drug failure. UFC has been in spotlight over other issues lately, and this is a cover up. I could be wrong, but who knows.

On a side note, Corey Beastin Anderson who is up and coming is from the town I live in now. He was on the last McGregor Diaz card. Restaurants here have sandwiches and stuff named for him lol.
cover up PED but not coke and dui?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Trash talkers make money. Ive fought pro mma, no i didn't ever make ufc. Back when i did it 05-06 i didn't use anything but all the big name guys in my gym did. Prop low with orals stop a few weeks out no pct. That was standard to pass thr drug test. Guys also sniffed before there fights. Fuxin nutz

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Trash talkers make money. Ive fought pro mma, no i didn't ever make ufc. Back when i did it 05-06 i didn't use anything but all the big name guys in my gym did. Prop low with orals stop a few weeks out no pct. That was standard to pass thr drug test. Guys also sniffed before there fights. Fuxin nutz
i never competed but have studied BJJ- injuries happen its a brutal sport. They need to allow some sort of PED for repair

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Can't get away with PED usage In top tier promotions such as the UFC. USADA show up randomly at your house even at night to test you right then and there. Wanderlei Silva got introuble for running from a test when they showed up at his gym and he sneaked out the back door lol. Very hard to be on peds in the UFC and not get popped.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Can't get away with PED usage In top tier promotions such as the UFC. USADA show up randomly at your house even at night to test you right then and there. Wanderlei Silva got introuble for running from a test when they showed up at his gym and he sneaked out the back door lol. Very hard to be on peds in the UFC and not get popped.
he was sneaking out the back, he was training - its the exit move- duh lol

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
i never competed but have studied BJJ- injuries happen its a brutal sport. They need to allow some sort of PED for repair
I agree. Anderson Silva used peds after his broken leg injury to help recovery. I highly believe it should be allowed for injuries.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Im a firm supporter of steroids in pro sports. If they really did x it out for good. Bye to 50plus hr weaker ko reels 200lb lineman? You gonna wanna watch that, nope. Whos healthier a steroids using athlete or some drunk on a barstool smoking a pack a day

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Im a firm supporter of steroids in pro sports. If they really did x it out for good. Bye to 50plus hr weaker ko reels 200lb lineman? You gonna wanna watch that, nope. Whos healthier a steroids using athlete or some drunk on a barstool smoking a pack a day
well not heavier aas, there are those that can be used for helping/aiding recovery- not adding 20 lbs

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
We all know the NFL is flooded with off season steroid use. Take that away and the NFL will not be nearly as enjoyable to watch.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That's pretty cool. I'm from Robbie lawlers home town, have hung out with him a few times through a friend. He's an intense dude, lol. Funny story, he actually punched my brother in law in the face in high school, he still talks about it often, especially when we're watching the fights. "I got knocked out, but he is the champ" lol

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
That's pretty cool. I'm from Robbie lawlers home town, have hung out with him a few times through a friend. He's an intense dude, lol. Funny story, he actually punched my brother in law in the face in high school, he still talks about it often, especially when we're watching the fights. "I got knocked out, but he is the champ" lol
I've trained at Zingano BJJ. Cat Zingano and her husband are great people. I hope she gets another run for the title.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Most the guys i fought with were bellatore, 2ufc and some wec, not sure the last still is going on was cali 12 years ago

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

If they didn't cover up Anderson Silva, they're not going to cover up Conor.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And about Conor, I wonder if we'll ever know the whole story. I really hope we haven't seen the last of him in the octagon though. Love him or hate him, dude is entertaining

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Update: Conor tried to fool a gambler (Dana white) there's talk that GSP is getting lots of texts... Dana white mentioned today that if he and mcgregor can work it out today he can still fight at UFC 200..

I'll try to keep you guys updated

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol that's awesome.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Update: Conor tried to fool a gambler (Dana white) there's talk that GSP is getting lots of texts... Dana white mentioned today that if he and mcgregor can work it out today he can still fight at UFC 200..

I'll try to keep you guys updated
GSP?!?! Is he still alive lol. I'm curious how he got pulled into this mess.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Dana white himself has said he's got texts from gsp about returning, but no deals or confirmation has been noted. Gsp made a lot of money but even if he comes back for just ONE more fight he can make a LOT of money $$$. I'm sure gsp knows this.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Idk. GSP fights were boring at the end. He could never finish. He fought like a damn Canadian. He beat people so politely it made me sick lol.