Predictions on UFC 200

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
  1. Predictions on UFC 200


    What are your predictions?
    Mine are the following:

    McGregor vs. Diaz - (Diaz win by decision) I want to say submission like the first fight but fuhk it I think McGregor will have worked on his BJJ as much as possible this training camp so a sub may be more difficult to sink in.

    Aldo vs. Edgar - (Aldo win by submission) This is a great fight! I love Edgar and he's well rounded and really want him to fight McGregor but if I had to put money on it I'm going with Aldo. Sorry Frankie.

    Misha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes - (Nunes win by KO) Absolutely no reasoning behind my decision here. Just taking a shot in the dark. Cat zingano tko'd nunes but let's see how my gambling is lol.

    Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez - (Cain win by decision)

    I'm not posting the undercard but feel free to mention your predictions on that if you'd like.


  2. I don't see Diaz EVER winning a decision with Mcgregor. I'm assuming mcgregor will come in much better shape, and we all saw how easily he picked Nate when he was fresh in the first. And tbh, I couldn't see this going past three rounds. Mcgregor will either knock him out or punch himself out and get submitted.

    With the Aldo fight, I've got Frankie by KO. This a bold pick, but here are the reasons.. Aldo had never been KO'd before mcgregor, but now we know it can happen and aldo doesn't have that chip on his shoulder. Edgar's wrestling and endurance are far to good to get taken down easily, even in the late rounds. I see Aldo chopping his legs a lot, and potentially running into a strong straight right, or Edgar will follow in mcgregors tactics and set him up for a left on the chin.

    Miesha won't get knocked out by nunes, no way no how. Holly is a much more polished AND powerful striker than nunes, so I see this being a cakewalk for Tate. Expect her to use her wrestling to get to a ground game and out grapple for a submission, or at the least, decision win.

    Cain Velasquez is a monster. He will have learned from what happened in Mexico with fabricio and will come back in excellent shape, and he will absolutely run through Travis. While Travis is powerful with good kickboxing, I don't see him being any type of challenge for a motivated and in shape Cain. Plus, Travis has a soft chin, we haven't seen it in the last few fights but he does. Cain by KO or a brutal bestdown unanimous decision.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Jag770 View Post
    I don't see Diaz EVER winning a decision with Mcgregor. I'm assuming mcgregor will come in much better shape, and we all saw how easily he picked Nate when he was fresh in the first. And tbh, I couldn't see this going past three rounds. Mcgregor will either knock him out or punch himself out and get submitted.

    With the Aldo fight, I've got Frankie by KO. This a bold pick, but here are the reasons.. Aldo had never been KO'd before mcgregor, but now we know it can happen and aldo doesn't have that chip on his shoulder. Edgar's wrestling and endurance are far to good to get taken down easily, even in the late rounds. I see Aldo chopping his legs a lot, and potentially running into a strong straight right, or Edgar will follow in mcgregors tactics and set him up for a left on the chin.

    Miesha won't get knocked out by nunes, no way no how. Holly is a much more polished AND powerful striker than nunes, so I see this being a cakewalk for Tate. Expect her to use her wrestling to get to a ground game and out grapple for a submission, or at the least, decision win.

    Cain Velasquez is a monster. He will have learned from what happened in Mexico with fabricio and will come back in excellent shape, and he will absolutely run through Travis. While Travis is powerful with good kickboxing, I don't see him being any type of challenge for a motivated and in shape Cain. Plus, Travis has a soft chin, we haven't seen it in the last few fights but he does. Cain by KO or a brutal bestdown unanimous decision.
    The Diaz brother's have the best endurance and stamina in the UFC. They do triathlons. Nick has swam from Alcatraz twice. They are phenomenally in shape . If Nate can utilize his reach and keep McGregor on the outside, I can see Diaz easily bringing it to a decision. And the reason IMO why mcgregor landed so many shots against Diaz the first fight was due to the fact that Diaz took the fight short notice and didn't have a training camp. We will see if Conor can land on Diaz with a full camp. Also, Diaz has a VERY strong chin. He can take punches. Knocking Diaz out is no easy task. A lot of people see blood and think it's a big indicator of damage tooken, when in fact Diaz has a lot of scar tissue so a very light hit can open up a cut on Diaz. Regardless I'm excited! I respect your picks. Very interesting and I agree with a few things you mentioned. Can't wait for this event!

  4. McGregor vs. Diaz - (Diaz by KO) - I still say McGregor took a dive because he didn't want to get knocked out and knew it was about to happen. He knew he was going to lose, but wanted to at least not get knocked out. There is no possible way McGregor can take Diaz on the ground, but I don't think he'll take another dive and will stand and take it this time.

    Aldo vs. Edgar - (Aldo for the win)

    Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes - (Miesha by submission)

    Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez - (Browne by KO)
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    McGregor vs. Diaz - (Diaz by KO) - I still say McGregor took a dive because he didn't want to get knocked out and knew it was about to happen. He knew he was going to lose, but wanted to at least not get knocked out. There is no possible way McGregor can take Diaz on the ground, but I don't think he'll take another dive and will stand and take it this time.

    Aldo vs. Edgar - (Aldo for the win)

    Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes - (Miesha by submission)

    Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez - (Browne by KO)
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. I'm hoping as we get closer to the event we will have more opinions on here
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by MMAguy View Post
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. I'm hoping as we get closer to the event we will have more opinions on here
    Same. Regardless of who wins and how, it's going to be a great one.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    McGregor vs. Diaz - (Diaz by KO) - I still say McGregor took a dive because he didn't want to get knocked out and knew it was about to happen. He knew he was going to lose, but wanted to at least not get knocked out. There is no possible way McGregor can take Diaz on the ground, but I don't think he'll take another dive and will stand and take it this time.

    Aldo vs. Edgar - (Aldo for the win)

    Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes - (Miesha by submission)

    Travis Browne vs. Cain Velasquez - (Browne by KO)
    Good pics here

  8. Diaz by sub again

    Edgar by tko

    Tate by decision

    Cain by oblideration

  9. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post

    Cain by oblideration
    I'm still taking Browne, but this could very well happen. It's hard to predict the big dudes. One punch and game over.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I'm still taking Browne, but this could very well happen. It's hard to predict the big dudes. One punch and game over.
    True enough

  11. So Conor is out of UFC 200 and claims he is retiring?
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    So Conor is out of UFC 200 and claims he is retiring?
    Yeah. Dana says he pulled Conor from 200 for not doing promotional stuff.

    Conor's camp says he saw a fighter die and decided to retire.

    Who knows
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Yeah. Dana says he pulled Conor from 200 for not doing promotional stuff.

    Conor's camp says he saw a fighter die and decided to retire.

    Who knows
    Well that's a valid reason, but it goes against his whole warrior bs talk and he had to know that was always a possibility. That last fight must have really rattled his confidence.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Well that's a valid reason, but it goes against his whole warrior bs talk and he had to know that was always a possibility. That last fight must have really rattled his confidence.
    One of my friends just said Dana pulled him for not going to Vegas for marketing (which Dana pulled Diaz for a while back.. Against GSP I think) so Conor tweeted his retirement. Kinda pouty poo move.
    Conor wanted $10M (ten million) for the fight, too so that may have played into it.

    All seems kinda weird to me
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

  15. There's a lot more to this story ..Conor has a lot more left in the tank. I wonder if he's trying to duck Diaz
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] ons.com

  16. It's doubtful but what if he tested hot for roids and the UFC is covering it up. Because if he tested hot his superstar status goes down the drain. USADA will not make it public knowledge due to privacy.

  17. He refused to do any promotional/ marketing media. He refused to do a commercial to. He wants a lot of money and the UFC denied his requests so he said fuhk it and said he is retiring. He will end up waiting for the UFC to call. He will fight and defend his title the winner of Aldo vs. Edgar. The UFC will give him his money to defend his belt. He's actually smart

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    One of my friends just said Dana pulled him for not going to Vegas for marketing (which Dana pulled Diaz for a while back.. Against GSP I think) so Conor tweeted his retirement. Kinda pouty poo move.
    Conor wanted $10M (ten million) for the fight, too so that may have played into it.

    All seems kinda weird to me
    and then you have conor saying he doesn't care about money- spend spend spend- theres more to this

  19. Quote Originally Posted by MMAguy View Post
    It's doubtful but what if he tested hot for roids and the UFC is covering it up. Because if he tested hot his superstar status goes down the drain. USADA will not make it public knowledge due to privacy.
    They have had big stars before test positive and didn't cover it up. They might have given them an easy punishment, but they still made it known.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MMAguy View Post
    He refused to do any promotional/ marketing media. He refused to do a commercial to. He wants a lot of money and the UFC denied his requests so he said fuhk it and said he is retiring. He will end up waiting for the UFC to call. He will fight and defend his title the winner of Aldo vs. Edgar. The UFC will give him his money to defend his belt. He's actually smart
    Yeah, I think it's probably mostly Conor's ego vs Dana's ego. Dana won't budge. There will always be another great fighter to come along and make the UFC money.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Yeah, I think it's probably mostly Conor's ego vs Dana's ego. Dana won't budge. There will always be another great fighter to come along and make the UFC money.
    I agree. But McGregor is a one in a lifetime trash talker. Dude is hilarious! He's chael sonnen x5,000 lol. He will be back. No way his retirement is solid. This is a huge money maker for Connor.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Yeah, I think it's probably mostly Conor's ego vs Dana's ego. Dana won't budge. There will always be another great fighter to come along and make the UFC money.
    exactly, why throw millions to one person, when you have guys that will do it for hundreds? UFC ultimate 1 was the best and look what happened. Conor isnt done, anyone smell strike force

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MMAguy View Post
    I agree. But McGregor is a one in a lifetime trash talker. Dude is hilarious! He's chael sonnen x5,000 lol. He will be back. No way his retirement is solid. This is a huge money maker for Connor.
    Huh? guess we all forgot about Bisping

    tito? I can go on here lol

  24. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    exactly, why throw millions to one person, when you have guys that will do it for hundreds? UFC ultimate 1 was the best and look what happened. Conor isnt done, anyone smell strike force
    Nah, he's just going to wait by the phone for Dana to call and say "OK, we need you to defend your belt against -------(Aldo or Edgar)" the UFC will workout a high pay for that.
    Conor is being smart about this. He wants to make as much money as possible then leave the game.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MMAguy View Post
    Nah, he's just going to wait by the phone for Dana to call and say "OK, we need you to defend your belt against -------(Aldo or Edgar)" the UFC will workout a high pay for that.
    Conor is being smart about this. He wants to make as much money as possible then leave the game.
    hmm, might have a point there
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 06:17 AM
  2. Thoughts on UFC 120?
    By terminator in forum MMA
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 10:47 PM
  3. Latest rumor on UFC 103 in Dallas
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
  4. Huerta Passes On UFC Contract
    By stxnas in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 05:19 PM
  5. Increased urination on Bold 200
    By josephd79 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Log in
Log in