Jag770

Jag770

Awards
Thoroughly annoying people are out to get the champ

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I think its more him out to get himself. Dudes immature and cant stay out of trouble. I know plenty of people like him, the only difference being hes the best fighter in the world. I just wish he would get his act together and quit making himself look like a fool. Its not that hard to not get in trouble.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
No i didnt watch it but i read the article.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I just watched it and idk about all the accusations but im pretty sure he did something to deserve some of them at least cause if theres one thing i know about jon jones is hes cocky and acts like an idiot. If he wasnt acting like an idiot he probably wouldn't have been pulled over lol

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
What's true is Jon jones was not speeding so how can you cal it drag racing? And then give him a ticket for his cars noise? It's a corvette man...

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
He couldve been speeding. Do you know anyone who is honest about doing something illegal when they get pulled over? And look at his track record. DUI, Hit and run which hes still on supervised probation for. Especially that one. Wrecked his rental car then took off running then came back to grab a bunch of cash. Weed in the car lol. Who knows whats true?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
The ticket about the cars noise is retarded though. I mean seriously officer? Its a corvette. They dont make those quiet lol

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
All i know is Jones is a bit of a dirt ball and needs to grow up a little bit.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I obviously don't know him personally. But the way he portrays himself to the media and everything like that hes kinda a dirtball.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take away him being an uber talented athlete and he would be in prison right now. He plays the fake act so well that it's disgusting. I was working an expo in 2013 and he made an appearance. He brought up the family with the child in a wheelchair first to get autographs, pics, etc. I thought maybe I had the wrong impression of him, but seeing this footage and the footage from him talking so much **** to Cormier off air lets me know I was fooled.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wanted to see Cormier defeat him and just put an end to all of this nonsense, but now he's injured and pulled out of the match.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Take away him being an uber talented athlete and he would be in prison right now. He plays the fake act so well that it's disgusting. I was working an expo in 2013 and he made an appearance. He brought up the family with the child in a wheelchair first to get autographs, pics, etc. I thought maybe I had the wrong impression of him, but seeing this footage and the footage from him talking so much **** to Cormier off air lets me know I was fooled.
He's a douche. Even douches are nice every once in a while or maybe it was a promoter that suggested he do it, but at the end of the day, he's still who he is.

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
Jon is going to be Jon now. He was so fed up being a nice guy, he's exploding. I still like him. He's so talented and I would hate to see his talent go to waste, now it's just time to accept him for who he is or become a hater

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Jon is going to be Jon now. He was so fed up being a nice guy, he's exploding. I still like him. He's so talented and I would hate to see his talent go to waste, now it's just time to accept him for who he is or become a hater
I can definitely respect somebody as a fighter and not think they're a good person. It happens all of the time and I do think that Dana wanted to mold Jon Jones into something that he simply isn't. Ignoring his tendency to poke other fighters in the eye, my biggest issue with him is the unfair treatment he received from the UFC. And perhaps that isn't even on him, but when fighters are getting way longer suspensions for pot than a dude that gets caught using coke, it just calls into question what else the UFC has been doing to protect that investment. Like did he really beat the best that he could have fought against. He's a damn good fighter, but so many these days start yelling GOAT after a few wins.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
really just from that- every stop to think there are other issues that may have been on his mind? have you never lost your cool

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really just from that- every stop to think there are other issues that may have been on his mind? have you never lost your cool
Of course I have. I also don't have a mortified look on my face when it's revealed that what I think is off air is being recorded. Have you ever seen that footage?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Of course I have. I also don't have a mortified look on my face when it's revealed that what I think is off air is being recorded. Have you ever seen that footage?
yes and it is embarrassing- Mike Straka was my next door neighbor and is still a good family friend. i got to see and hear many things- trust me

I think a lot of it has to do with not so much fame, but the attitude that no one can touch you. No one. You cant be wrong, you can do no wrong and if you are wrong, they will never prove it.

it is a shameful part of sports

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Remember Tito and the people who spoke bad about Jenna? They gave him sh1t because of her and when you stop and think about it, he loves her thats all that matters. Others laughed and made fun about it. Wasnt right either

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes and it is embarrassing- Mike Straka was my next door neighbor and is still a good family friend. i got to see and hear many things- trust me

I think a lot of it has to do with not so much fame, but the attitude that no one can touch you. No one. You cant be wrong, you can do no wrong and if you are wrong, they will never prove it.

it is a shameful part of sports
The UFC doesn't need Jon Jones. Their bottom line clearly wasn't effected by his absence last year as they pulled in close to $600M. Jones isn't a huge draw and they should've cut his ass to make an example. They've cut people for far weaker offenses, but they set the precedent by protecting Rampage back in '08.
Remember Tito and the people who spoke bad about Jenna? They gave him sh1t because of her and when you stop and think about it, he loves her thats all that matters. Others laughed and made fun about it. Wasnt right either
IIRC, people sided with Tito when that fallout happened especially when she tried to prove he was on drugs by posting his evil naproxen and B12.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Conner is the new Bisping, Nate is the new Tito

the greatest fight that I saw on the UFC was Griffin vs. Bonnar. this fight had everything you wanted in a UFC match- gone down hill (publicity wise) ever since

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
In all honesty though, how could the UFC dump off arguably the greatest fighter of all time? He has shown that time and time again, whether it be against aggressive wrestlers (Cormier), great strikers (Gustafson, rampage, Reshad, vitor), grappling experts (shogun, again lyoto) and so forth. His lone loss was a disqualification for illegal elbows, so to put it in perspective, he has never lost a fight. He is an all time great and as a fan I just wish he would keep his **** together for a few more years so I can enjoy his presence as the GOAT.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Conner is the new Bisping, Nate is the new Tito

the greatest fight that I saw on the UFC was Griffin vs. Bonnar. this fight had everything you wanted in a UFC match- gone down hill (publicity wise) ever since
Connor and Tito were/are champions. Nate and Bisping never will be.

Best is always up for debate, but there's no doubt it's the most important fight in UFC history. The sport as an overall importance peaked in 2010 (say what you want Lesnar drew) and it was a lull for a few years. Last year was a major rebound in terms on prominence and buy rates for PPVs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all honesty though, how could the UFC dump off arguably the greatest fighter of all time? He has shown that time and time again, whether it be against aggressive wrestlers (Cormier), great strikers (Gustafson, rampage, Reshad, vitor), grappling experts (shogun, again lyoto) and so forth. His lone loss was a disqualification for illegal elbows, so to put it in perspective, he has never lost a fight. He is an all time great and as a fan I just wish he would keep his **** together for a few more years so I can enjoy his presence as the GOAT.
They don't need him; Jones needs the UFC. He would've had zero leverage in contract negotiations in other organizations. Where would he go? Bellator? One FC? Rizin?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Connor and Tito were/are champions. Nate and Bisping never will be.

Best is always up for debate, but there's no doubt it's the most important fight in UFC history. The sport as an overall importance peaked in 2010 (say what you want Lesnar drew) and it was a lull for a few years. Last year was a major rebound in terms on prominence and buy rates for PPVs.
your not going to say evans beats rampage ? lol

which was your favorite

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
How funny would it be if OSP ran through Jones? LOL

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your not going to say evans beats rampage ? lol

which was your favorite
Where did Rashad/Page come into this?

Don't really have a favorite UFC fight. Favorite MMA fight is Page/Wand II.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Where did Rashad/Page come into this?

Don't really have a favorite UFC fight. Favorite MMA fight is Page/Wand II.
was asking what your favorite fight was if you had one- as a joke I said rashad vs rampage - not rashad vs page

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Oh snap. Just realized there was a MMA section. Lord yes!

Jon bones Jones is young and is making mistakes. Does that excuse him for failing a drug test and executing that hit and run? No.. the most recent run in with the law he has had was the 'drag racing' situation... now that traffic stop seemed unnecessary, but I wasn't riding shotgun so IDK.
Overall, hate Jon or love him...he is a phenomenal fighter. He's been doing a lot of squats and lifting the past few months and is sober so let's see the animal that returns to the octagon.

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
I can't imagine what's going to happen April 23rd. I have a feeling Jon will run through OSP haha, he was looking like a monster when he was powerlifting and he has to have retained a lot of that strength through the cutting process, or at least a significant amount more than when he wasn't lifting

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't imagine what's going to happen April 23rd. I have a feeling Jon will run through OSP haha, he was looking like a monster when he was powerlifting and he has to have retained a lot of that strength through the cutting process, or at least a significant amount more than when he wasn't lifting
I think everyone outside of OSPs camp thinks it'll be lopsided.

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
Yes but as a true fan of the sport, I am aware that these guys are pro fighters and anything can happen.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Especially after what happened to anderson silva, ronda rousey, and jose aldo. I saw what happened to conor mcgregor coming though. I had nate diaz winning that one as soon as it was announced. I think dos anjos wouldve handled him too

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
Yeah mcgregor might be the most polished striker in the three divisions he fights/wants to fight in, but his ground game is so absolutely terrible, and that's something that takes years to improve on. If mcgregor didn't take that shot, he might have made it to the third round, but he was so far gassed it was already over

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Hes good at featherweight where hes got the power to drop most guys in the division. But i dont see a featherweight knocking out a diaz i dont care who that featherweight is. Those diaz bros are tough SOB's

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention they're super slick on the ground.

Jag770

Jag770

Awards
I see Lawler knocking anyone in the welterweight division out: Johnny Hendricks as well. Both those guys have immense power. Lawler has power from absolutely anywhere though, and his killer instinct is above and beyond anyone else's. Hendricks has that left hand that can sleep anyone but it's easy to read the set up or just avoid it

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Lawlor is a bad dude. When i heard mcgregor say he was gonna take out dos anjos then move on to take lawlors belt i was like this dudes retarded if he thinks hes gonna take lawlor out.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes but as a true fan of the sport, I am aware that these guys are pro fighters and anything can happen.
Anything can happen, but we're talking about a guy who was handled by Bader and Glover. I guess his best win is against a zombie Shogun.

Especially after what happened to anderson silva, ronda rousey, and jose aldo. I saw what happened to conor mcgregor coming though. I had nate diaz winning that one as soon as it was announced. I think dos anjos wouldve handled him too
Why was Rousey so surprising to everyone? Her footwork is so poor that she can't even transfer a punch properly. She looked as though she had never even sparred a southpaw much less one with exceptional footwork. Anderson got old and his chin went away against Chael. It was only a matter of time before a punch or kick turned his lights out.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I know. All im saying is that at the time each of these people lost everyone was saying they're untouchable and whoever their opponent was didnt have a chance. I will say that at the time each one lost i was going for the opponent lol. I just like to see people who think they're the best to ever live get taken down a few notches

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know. All im saying is that at the time each of these people lost everyone was saying they're untouchable and whoever their opponent was didnt have a chance. I will say that at the time each one lost i was going for the opponent lol. I just like to see people who think they're the best to ever live get taken down a few notches
That's just pro wrestling 101. Believe or not, the UFC is literally taking a page out of 70s and 80s pro wrestling. Every promotional tactic is directly out the playbook used by the NWA.

Edit: that's also why Pride was dwarfing the UFC back in their heyday. They understood that there's just as much spectacle as there is sport.