fedor is coming back !!!!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
ive always been a fedor fan ... id like to see him fight werdum !

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ive always been a fedor fan ... id like to see him fight werdum !
I want to see him fight anyone in the ufc... He can't prove himself until he fights the best competition

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I want to see him fight anyone in the ufc... He can't prove himself until he fights the best competition
true but he never really stopped training . he only lessened the intensity . id like to see him fight big foot i think he win this time .

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor has nothing left to prove. While I am ECSTATIC to see him fight again, he doesn't need to do it beyond love of the sport. He's the GOAT.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fedor has nothing left to prove. While I am ECSTATIC to see him fight again, he doesn't need to do it beyond love of the sport. He's the GOAT.
How can he be the GOAT when he never fought the top tier competition?

Don't get me wrong, he's fought some bad dudes and he's good, but he never came to the UFC and that's where the best of the best have been for a long time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How can he be the GOAT when he never fought the top tier competition?

Don't get me wrong, he's fought some bad dudes and he's good, but he never came to the UFC and that's where the best of the best have been for a long time.
When he was at his best, the UFC HW division was absolute garbage and all of the top HWs were in PRIDE. He ran through all of them and beat them at their own game (e.g. Nog on the ground, CC on the feet). Nobody has ever dominated a division like Fedor has and there has never been another HW considered the best P4P fighter.

I'm not sure how long you've been following MMA because it's really hard to understand the greatness of Fedor unless you were following the sport at the time.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
When he was at his best, the UFC HW division was absolute garbage and all of the top HWs were in PRIDE. He ran through all of them and beat them at their own game (e.g. Nog on the ground, CC on the feet). Nobody has ever dominated a division like Fedor has and there has never been another HW considered the best P4P fighter.

I'm not sure how long you've been following MMA because it's really hard to understand the greatness of Fedor unless you were following the sport at the time.
theres a link on pb to all his fights i have them even the 8 foot tall chinese dude hong choy or somethin like that iam at the gym when i get home ill see if i can find the link

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
theres a link on pb to all his fights i have them even the 8 foot tall chinese dude hong choy or somethin like that iam at the gym when i get home ill see if i can find the link
Hong Man Choi, but that was a classic NYE Japanese attraction fight.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I'll admit I was late to following but I've seen many of the earlier fights to catch up. I would've liked to have seen him fight couture or Mir (in their prime)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll admit I was late to following but I've seen many of the earlier fights to catch up. I would've liked to have seen him fight couture or Mir (in their prime)
He would've destroyed both of them and that's kinda the point. It was always insert UFC guy versus Fedor. They would fall just as quickly as they would rise, but Fedor was always there.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will be fun to see Fedor again, but he will get destroyed by any top level HW at this point. This is the same guy who got beat by Hendo and Big Foot.

He is most certainly the GOAT, but he is relegated now to attraction fights, nothing more imo

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some perspective on Fedor's wins and opponents ranking at the time:
AA #2
Nog #1-2
CC #2
Herring top 5
Sylvia top 5
Hunt top 10
Randleman/Coleman former UFC HW champs

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will be fun to see Fedor again, but he will get destroyed by any top level HW at this point. This is the same guy who got beat by Hendo and Big Foot.

He is most certainly the GOAT, but he is relegated now to attraction fights, nothing more imo
Crazier things have happened like Werdum becoming HW champ. Fedor's downfall was once he found out he could KO people with one shot. He become a headhunter instead of sticking with his incomparable Sambo. I used to love watching him leap in with his Russian hooks and fish for a trip or throw. It was truly art.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crazier things have happened like Werdum becoming HW champ. Fedor's downfall was once he found out he could KO people with one shot. He become a headhunter instead of sticking with his incomparable Sambo. I used to love watching him leap in with his Russian hooks and fish for a trip or throw. It was truly art.
Agreed. He was fun to watch. My concern will be his chin at his age and if he still is the "one punch" head hunter. If so, most top 10 guys finish him

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. He was fun to watch. My concern will be his chin at his age and if he still is the "one punch" head hunter. If so, most top 10 guys finish him
His chin should be decent as getting KOd by Hendo isn't anything that's shameful. Bigfoot was reigning shots, but never had him visibly rocked. However, he has to get back to his roots of being a grappler.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
His chin should be decent as getting KOd by Hendo isn't anything that's shameful. Bigfoot was reigning shots, but never had him visibly rocked. However, he has to get back to his roots of being a grappler.
sambo is one of the best martial arts the training is diverse.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Some perspective on Fedor's wins and opponents ranking at the time:
AA #2
Nog #1-2
CC #2
Herring top 5
Sylvia top 5
Hunt top 10
Randleman/Coleman former UFC HW champs
my issue is with the exception of nog, most of that list is former champs... not the current... meaninig there was still better competition even at the time. I love fedor and will watch any of his fights, even the new ones where I assume he wont be anywhere near what he was, but in my mind his legacy will always be slightly tainted for having not been in the ufc

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my issue is with the exception of nog, most of that list is former champs... not the current... meaninig there was still better competition even at the time. I love fedor and will watch any of his fights, even the new ones where I assume he wont be anywhere near what he was, but in my mind his legacy will always be slightly tainted for having not been in the ufc
Did you not understand what I was saying? When Fedor fought Nog, CC, and AA, they were all the consensus best or next best HW in the world. He was actually the underdog when he fought CC. Again, look at the UFC HW division when Fedor was in his prime. Gan McGee was getting a freaking title shot for crying out loud. All of the top HWs were in PRIDE. Nog, CC, Barnett, Hunt, Kharitonov, Werdum, Aleks, etc. were all there and they all said that Fedor was the best in the world.

The landscape of MMA is completely different now than the mid-00s. Zuffa almost had to throw in the towel as they were hemorrhaging cash. Hell, they practically had to beg to get Chuck into the 2003 PRIDE MWGP and use it as a platform to get more exposure. If it weren't for Forrest/Bonnar, Zuffa may not have made it much less become the juggernaut that it presently is. Meanwhile, PRIDE was selling out baseball stadiums with the halcyon being Final Conflict 2005 with the main event the highly anticipated Fedor/CC fight. The buzz around that fight is incomparable as there is something alluring about the HWs and they were without a doubt the two best HWs in the world. Not even the buzz from when Brock was fighting Couture or Cain was close to that fights buzz.

Like I was saying earlier, looking at his record and fights don't tell the whole story of what was happening at the time. It's like looking at stats of former QBs and how their numbers dwindle in comparison to present day ones, but that hardly tells the story about the greatness of a QB. Passing for 3k yards a season used to be a phenomenal season. Now, that makes you a very mediocre QB.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I feel like a lot of newer fans only knew about him when he came into Strikeforce, which is when things started to go south. But the Pride days were just amazing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like a lot of newer fans only knew about him when he came into Strikeforce, which is when things started to go south. But the Pride days were just amazing.
Sucks we were robbed of seeing Fedor in the OWGP in '06.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
bobsaget2191 whats that garbage dispoal sound like chewbaca taking a****
Clear ya pms bsaget

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
I've always been a Fedor fan but I felt like after Pride was gone he should have dropped to Light Heavyweight to be more competitive.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You are obviously new to the fighting game ufc he division has always been a joke. Mir haha dude ****ing sucks

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
I've recently been getting into MMA when I came across Conor Mcgregor. Came across Fedor as well and he was a very interesting guy and clearly one of the best. How old is he now? And when is he actually fighting again?

Night hog

Banned
Awards
He destroyed Tim Sylvia and Tim Sylvia went the distance with couture back in the day. Fedor is a beast.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
He's lost his time in Politics of Russia,best move for him was to stay there..I guess he was missing punching body bags