I'll have you know I'm one of the most "notorious" keyboard warriors around
    You look to be about a featherweight.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You look to be about a featherweight.
    Face of an angel
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    Why don't you just watch LHW/MW/WW As you're clearly about the ppv draws bro. Came you name an organization apart from UFC? Why do they even call it mma , they should call it UFC right?

Think you missed the point , it's not him that is worried about the ppv draws. You got to pay the bills, guy like McGregor draws, it benefits everybody , Edgar, Aldo, Dana, zuffa.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Think you missed the point , it's not him that is worried about the ppv draws. You got to pay the bills, guy like McGregor draws, it benefits everybody , Edgar, Aldo, Dana, zuffa.
    I was only joking man

5. This is why new MMA fans get on my damn nerves especially ones that have never laced up a pair of 16oz gloves much less a 4oz glove. So little background into the sport and the business side of the sport. Size has little to do with the ability to draw when it comes to combat sports. It has to do with dominance and marketability. BJ was a huge draw because he was dominating LW like never before and had the charisma to draw in the fans.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This is why new MMA fans get on my damn nerves especially ones that have never laced up a pair of 16oz gloves much less a 4oz glove. So little background into the sport and the business side of the sport. Size has little to do with the ability to draw when it comes to combat sports. It has to do with dominance and marketability. BJ was a huge draw because he was dominating LW like never before and had the charisma to draw in the fans.
    Not true completely ; bigger guys get draws for being bigger, as fans like to see brawls and blood. Lighter weights are much more technical and the average fan cries every time to fight goes to the Matt.

Cain is one of the most AWFUL champions ever. Does no publicity , has no personality and yet still gets ppv draws.

Then you get someone Dominick cruz who is easily one of the best fighters on the planet, and gets minimal draw despite having a decent personality ; talks trash etc

Average fans want to see big knockouts , nothing more, and that's why they are more likely to tune into heavier weights

7. No need to have actual fighting experience to be a fan and knowledge of the business side has nothing to do with it. I've been fighting for 12 years and probably less of a fan than a lot of the people being exposed now, so the new fans probably know more about stats and other BS. Hell, I still have ticket stubs for the very first UFC fights here in Denver when you couldn't tell if the event was in the arena or on the street there was so much fighting going on.

In any case, McGregor is on my nerves now. The behavior is way over the top and to think that this has to go on for months is ridiculous, but he has to keep it up now. Probably wishes he didn't blow his load at the beginning of the promotion tour.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    Not true completely ; bigger guys get draws for being bigger, as fans like to see brawls and blood. Lighter weights are much more technical and the average fan cries every time to fight goes to the Matt. Cain is one of the most AWFUL champions ever. Does no publicity , has no personality and yet still gets ppv draws. Then you get someone Dominick cruz who is easily one of the best fighters on the planet, and gets minimal draw despite having a decent personality ; talks trash etc Average fans want to see big knockouts , nothing more, and that's why they are more likely to tune into heavier weights
    You should check the numbers. Cain doesn't draw worth a damn. The only time he's been the headliner with decent PPV numbers was when he fought Lesnar, who was and will likely always be the biggest draw ever in MMA. Cruz doesn't finish and that's why he wasn't a draw; he's finished only one of his fights under the Zuffa umbrella and that was his latest fight against Mizugaki (Bowles didn't answer the bell due to a broken hand). Seriously, the data is easy to find and you should check it before posting.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You should check the numbers. Cain doesn't draw worth a damn. The only time he's been the headliner with decent PPV numbers was when he fought Lesnar, who was and will likely always be the biggest draw ever in MMA. Cruz doesn't finish and that's why he wasn't a draw; he's finished only one of his fights under the Zuffa umbrella and that was his latest fight against Mizugaki (Bowles didn't answer the bell due to a broken hand). Seriously, the data is easy to find and you should check it before posting.
    He doesn't get ppv because he doesn't finish yet gsp is one of the highest ppv draws . Derp.

I've been an mma fan since pride , plz refrain from tying me in with cretins that have no clue re mma & take your condescending attitude with you ; it isn't becoming

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joshlm69 View Post
    He doesn't get ppv because he doesn't finish yet gsp is one of the highest ppv draws . Derp. I've been an mma fan since pride , plz refrain from tying me in with cretins that have no clue re mma & take your condescending attitude with you ; it isn't becoming
    Because GSP has never finished a title fight, right? How many PPVs has Cruz headlined again? Oh yeah....one and that was against Urijah, who is still box office despite losing every title fight since 2008. Even that card had other huge draws like Wanderlei and Tito. Let's not forget you're the one that acted like the elitist on MMA knowledge. I've been following the sport for more than a decade. ****, Dana still had hair when I started watching.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Because GSP has never finished a title fight, right? How many PPVs has Cruz headlined again? Oh yeah....one and that was against Urijah, who is still box office despite losing every title fight since 2008. Even that card had other huge draws like Wanderlei and Tito. Let's not forget you're the one that acted like the elitist on MMA knowledge. I've been following the sport for more than a decade. ****, Dana still had hair when I started watching.
    Haha, and hadn't dined on Donuts + peds

12. Cruz didn't doesn't because he went 3 years between fights. How you gonna follow a guy who has been injured. Some one forgot to tell rousey that smaller fighters don't draw.

HW is almost a joke right now , Cain is good but there really is no competition there right now, I'd like to see him and jones fight but when jones most likely wins that one I wish he would stay in LHW.

13. Been a fan since UfC 1 and rarely comment. Rodja is 100% correct. It is noting more than a business. McGregor is a HUGE draw so his push is very smart. Hell, Aldo is moving up eventually so the possibility that Conor gets the belt is a good business move.

With that said, this is a closer fight than people think. Conor's size and speed combo will be very difficult for Aldo. I do think Aldo wins but I think it's a close decision.

The only FW out there that I think beat McGregor are Mendes and Lamas. Match ups make fights. Mendes is an awful matchup for Conor.

Additionally if Conor moves up, a fight with Khabib is not a good one for him. Again, all based on skill set matchups.
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

14. Looking at it from a technical view. McGregor can beat Aldo but Aldo is really great hence why he is the champ. Its going to be a great fight for sure I can't wait to watch it.
  15. Conor McGregor

Think he is awesome, but I'm not sure how this is going to end. Alvarez has a point with the Nate fights, and he is a different beast then Connor is use to. Gonna be good

16. Regardless of the outcomes, some great fights are scheduled.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

17. Sooo sick of the bull**** pre fight shenanigans. It's embarrassing.

18. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Sooo sick of the bull**** pre fight shenanigans. It's embarrassing.
    Couldn't agree more. They need to focus less on the theatrics and more on quality fights.
    ***PES Representative***

19. Women's straw weight fight was freaking one of the best I have seen this year. Joanna might have the fastest kicks I have ever seen and some of the best defensive kicks too.
  20. Conor McGregor

I like Connor but I agree , before it seemed more realistic, this is over selling. I got feeling he is ready for a break and he already lost this one. Eddie is a totally different animal. I hoping he wins , but it seems like he might have took this too soon and isn't ready

21. So much for that... absolutely destroyed eddie
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

22. Won't doubt him again. Thought Eddie had more power than that. Yep Connor is better at 155

23. Dayum... Fantastic fights. Eddie was just out classed, there was no chance and you could see it in his face. Conor looked twice his size.

24. Yeah, love watching Conor fight...just going to skip anything that has him talking lol. Had hoped that Joanna would have fought better with as much talking as she also does, but glad she got the win. Tough loss for Miesha, but amazing what a great sport she was about it. And screw draws. I say it goes into overtime until somebody wins.
    ***PES Representative***

25. Oh, and Michael Johnson! That dude was not going to tap. That was a painful fight to watch. Khabib did not look like he wanted to keep beating the crap out of him, but nobody was stopping the fight and Johnson was apparently prepared to die in the octagon.
    ***PES Representative***
  •