Does having big hands have any advantage in striking?
- 10-22-2013, 10:51 PM
- 10-22-2013, 10:54 PM
well from a physics point of view, force = mass x acceleration
if we assume the speed of every fighter's punch is constant, then yes bigger hands = more force
- 10-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Just look at Frank Mir's face after Brock Lesnar rabbit punched him on the ground haha.
10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
A small fist would concentrate that force to a tighter area, hitting someone "on the button" would deliver more force per square inch to "the button".
That said, precision punching is nearly impossible, so a bigger hand would be more forgiving but size differential probably isn't statistically significant in either direction.
Similar Forum Threads
- By burpees in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 05-31-2013, 09:24 PM
- By Beau in forum PoliticsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-27-2012, 09:54 AM
- By standon in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-15-2012, 10:32 AM
- By schizm in forum NutraplanetReplies: 9Last Post: 04-22-2012, 09:55 PM
- By DGA3 in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 11-15-2010, 09:02 PM