The best UFC match-up EVER

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    TheMeatus101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Answers
    0

    The best UFC match-up EVER


    If you could see two people fight in the UFC, a fight that would probably make UFC history and just be an outstanding fight, who would be the two people you would like to see in the octagon? And let's say they just take away weight classes, so anyone can fight anyone. I personally would like to see Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Just UFC or all MMA?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0

    Joe Rogan vs Dana White
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    TheMeatus101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Just UFC or all MMA?
    Just the UFC
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  5. Registered User
    TheMeatus101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    Joe Rogan vs Dana White
    I don't know if Dana can actually fight, but Joe does do MMA. Soooo i figure Joe.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101 View Post
    Just the UFC
    Where's the fun in that? '04 Wanderlei Silva v '06 Chuck Liddell or '04 Fedor v '07 Randy Couture to me are actual dream matchups because they didn't and can never happen. Silva/Jones and Jones/JDS are a flavor of the month in comparison. The only "superfight" that has a slight chance of happening is GSP/Silva.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    kingk0ng's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    743
    Answers
    0

    I would like to see the following fights. These guys aren't all UFC, so sorry for breaking the topic but I've just always wanted other peoples input on these.

    1- Brock Lesnar Vs. Mike Tyson (prime for prime)
    2- Floyd Mayweather Vs. Chuck Liddell
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  8. Registered User
    1 More Repp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    116
    Answers
    0

    A fully recovered George St. Pierre vs. Anderson Silva at a catch weight between middleweight and welterweight. That would make for an exciting fight!!
  9. Registered User
    TheMeatus101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    I would like to see the following fights. These guys aren't all UFC, so sorry for breaking the topic but I've just always wanted other peoples input on these.

    1- Brock Lesnar Vs. Mike Tyson (prime for prime)
    2- Floyd Mayweather Vs. Chuck Liddell
    I actually can see Mike (in his prime) whooping Brocks ass for some reason. Like i could see Mike just running up in there and knocking him out with a hook.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  10. Registered User
    SAK2100's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeatus101

    I actually can see Mike (in his prime) whooping Brocks ass for some reason. Like i could see Mike just running up in there and knocking him out with a hook.
    In his prime Tyson was an absolute monster and could take almost anybody. He would knock Lesnar out in less than a minute!
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,351
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SAK2100

    In his prime Tyson was an absolute monster and could take almost anybody. He would knock Lesnar out in less than a minute!
    Agreed a prime Tyson. Was the baddest man on the planet.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Haven't we already seen the boxer v wrestler matchup?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    No brainier

    GSP vs A Silva
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,351
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Haven't we already seen the boxer v wrestler matchup?
    absolutely, however, take into account the time in which tyson fought. Give me the best martial artists of the late 80's that would fight a prime Tyson. Taking a look at the early "boxers" in the UFC, and they were not at his level
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    absolutely, however, take into account the time in which tyson fought. Give me the best martial artists of the late 80's that would fight a prime Tyson. Taking a look at the early "boxers" in the UFC, and they were not at his level
    You also have to take into account that most of the early BJJ guys have archaic technique compared to today, especially in the takedown department.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,351
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

    You also have to take into account that most of the early BJJ guys have archaic technique compared to today, especially in the takedown department.
    Agreed. That's why I think for the time, Tyson ko's those guys. Today would be a much bigger challenge.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Agreed. That's why I think for the time, Tyson ko's those guys. Today would be a much bigger challenge.
    It's a shame that MMA wasn't big in Kharelin's time. I would have loved to see how he'd do.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Registered User
    mmats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44
    Answers
    0

    i actually would have loved to see Anderson vs Fedor about 4 years ago. I think Anderson would have taken him.
  19. Registered User
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mmats
    i actually would have loved to see Anderson vs Fedor about 4 years ago. I think Anderson would have taken him.
    Anderson silva vs fedor? Fedor outweighs him by a healthy amount.... Dont really see this fight going down. Don't ever count out the last emperor though.
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Anderson silva vs fedor? Fedor outweighs him by a healthy amount.... Dont really see this fight going down. Don't ever count out the last emperor though.
    No more than he did against Hendo.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  21. Registered User
    GMG760's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,709
    Answers
    0

    Do you think anderson has the same "anyone, anytime" attitude that hendo does?
    ...GMG760 Version 2.0 ... Back from the dead.
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Do you think anderson has the same "anyone, anytime" attitude that hendo does?
    As evidenced by his reluctance to move up to LHW permanently, I'll say no. His original reasoning was that Lyoto was champ, but that reign ended over 2 years ago.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  23. Registered User
    mmats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    44
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by GMG760 View Post
    Do you think anderson has the same "anyone, anytime" attitude that hendo does?
    "Anyone, anytime" as long as is doesnt include Anderson right?....The only reason Hendo left 185 is because he knew he couldnt beat Anderson. Fedor could have easily cut to 205 and fought Anderson there, although I know it will never happen.
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mmats View Post
    "Anyone, anytime" as long as is doesnt include Anderson right?....The only reason Hendo left 185 is because he knew he couldnt beat Anderson. Fedor could have easily cut to 205 and fought Anderson there, although I know it will never happen.
    When did Hendo turn down a fight with Anderson especially after lobbying for a rematch ever since there first fight?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  25. Registered User
    TheMeatus101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Answers
    0

    Rules changed, not just UFC anymore as i've just started to get interested in the whole Pride thing.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison
  26. dds
    dds is offline
    Registered User
    dds's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    270
    Answers
    0

    Randy Couture and Fedor Emelianenko would be a great fight if it ever happen
  27. Registered User
    alex beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dds
    Randy Couture and Fedor Emelianenko would be a great fight if it ever happen
    I AGREE RANDY FEDOR !!! Dream fight
  28. Registered User
    niners4reggie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,126
    Answers
    0

    GSP vs Nick Diaz just so I could watch Diaz get his ass kicked!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  29. dds
    dds is offline
    Registered User
    dds's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    270
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    GSP vs Nick Diaz just so I could watch Diaz get his ass kicked!!
    im with you on that nick is a douch
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    There are very, very few fights that would be dream fights as the sport is still so new that fighters that are considered elite or champions can quickly become average (e.g. Gonzaga, Forrest, etc.). I would have loved to see a prime, motivated Fedor against the current crop of HWs to show the Zuffa retards how amazing Fedor was before age and injuries caught up with him or certain "what if" scenarios that would have changed the MMA landscape (e.g. what if Rampage or Vitor had the mental accumen to match their physical gifts?), but an Ali/Tyson type of "dream fight" has yet to really materialize in MMA. In another 10-20 years, we'll most likely be comparing the champs to GSP or Anderson and then MMA will have matchups comparable to boxing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  31. dds
    dds is offline
    Registered User
    dds's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    270
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There are very, very few fights that would be dream fights as the sport is still so new that fighters that are considered elite or champions can quickly become average (e.g. Gonzaga, Forrest, etc.). I would have loved to see a prime, motivated Fedor against the current crop of HWs to show the Zuffa retards how amazing Fedor was before age and injuries caught up with him or certain "what if" scenarios that would have changed the MMA landscape (e.g. what if Rampage or Vitor had the mental accumen to match their physical gifts?), but an Ali/Tyson type of "dream fight" has yet to really materialize in MMA. In another 10-20 years, we'll most likely be comparing the champs to GSP or Anderson and then MMA will have matchups comparable to boxing.
    damn right, fedor vs coutor in thier prime woudl be one hell of a fight
  32. Registered User
    retrofitted's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    143
    Answers
    0

    Couture was never an elite HW, and his fight against Sylvia shows determination but indicates nothing of dominance aside from the punch in the opening round. This is just opinion, but the same Emelianenko that savaged Rodrigo and stood with Crocop in their primes would have obliterated Couture.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    The venue would make a huge difference. In a ring, Couture wouldn't have a chance; in a cage, though, he would.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Registered User
    retrofitted's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    143
    Answers
    0

    The cage would improve his chances, sure. But Fedor's extraordinary balance, sambo prowess, and ability to reverse and scramble would seemingly negate the advantages of the cage as well. I would have loved to have seen this fight regardless, if only to cement Emelianenko's legacy.
  35. Registered User
    beastmode1987's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    89
    Answers
    0

    GSP Vs A. SILVA!
  36. Registered User
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,262
    Answers
    0

    Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva - i honestly think his style can finish Silva
  37. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,117
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva - i honestly think his style can finish Silva
    Drugs are bad, mmm'kay.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  38. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva - i honestly think his style can finish Silva
    What ever new drug your taking I want.
  39. Registered User
    Cordeen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,262
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post

    What ever new drug your taking I want.
    Lol....well he would certainly do better than gsp. If that fight ever happens gsp will get murdered.
  40. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post

    Lol....well he would certainly do better than gsp. If that fight ever happens gsp will get murdered.
    Diaz would do better than GSP? That's a no.
    Diaz needs to worry about making it past GSP first and I doubt that happens.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Met My Match...wow!
    By methusaleh in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 07:04 PM
  2. play-off match ups
    By bigzach1234 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 05:44 PM
  3. UFC 89 - Live Match by Match Results
    By flobot in forum MMA
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
  4. Match your candidate
    By DBinMD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in