5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale Weigh-ins - aka Bisping's Meltdown

NSCA - CSCS
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Michael Bisping says loss to Dan Henderson was the best thing to ever happen to him

Not all lessons are easily learned.UFC middleweight Michael Bisping found that to be true a little more than two years ago when matched up against Dan Henderson at UFC 100 where he made the mistake of continuously circling into Henderson’s power, eventually paying the price by getting dropped in one of the most memorable finishes in the organization’s history.
    However, rather than stay knocked down, Bisping has since gotten back up and actually views the highlight reel stoppage as the best thing to ever happen to him in terms of his development as a Mixed Martial Artist.
    “Against Dan Henderson, that was the best thing that ever happened to me. I learned a lot from that fight and I realized a lot of the mistakes I was making,” Bisping explained in an interview with the UFC’s website.
    “The Count” capitalized on the experience by improving his game and going 4-1 in the following five fights, the only loss being a hotly-contested decision defeat to Wanderlei Silva. Considering his only other stumble in the ring came against another former champion, Rashad Evans (Split Decision), Bisping is entering this weekend’s TUF 14 Finale headliner with supreme confidence and an intense dislike for opponent Jason Miller.
    Still, though Bisping’s personal opinion of “Mayhem” is far from flattering, the 32-year old has used it as motivation in the gym but doesn’t expect any bad blood to carry over to the Octagon.
    “I think I fight better when I’m – for want of a better word – pissed off. So for me, that does help. I’m emotional in and out of the ring, and before and after a fight I’m emotional, but generally when I’m fighting, I’m very, very focused and I’m focusing on what needs to be done as opposed to doing anything silly because of letting my emotions get the better of me.”
    In fact, Bisping has another goal in mind of far more importance than simply shutting up his ***** with the “toilet brush haircut”.
    “I’m on a quest for the title, I want my title shot, and I’m almost there,” Bisping explained. “I beat this guy and it’s not gonna give me a title shot, but I have to beat him, and there’s no way Jason Miller is gonna be the guy to stop me.”
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I've never been a huge Mayhem fan in the past, but anyone vs. Bisping means I'm cheering for whoever that anyone is.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

i'm not a die hard fan of Mayhem but I think he's underrated. I think he has the slight edge, but its pretty close. Hopefully a good fight. I think the 2 main TUF fights are gonna be good too. I'm pretty stoked on this card over all. And I also have to agree on the whoever is against bisping gets my vote....until he fights someone I hate more lol.
    Mayhems kinda a goofy guy, but he did come off like a good fella on the show.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    side note, wasn't the mustaches last month about breast cancer?
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    i'm not a die hard fan of Mayhem but I think he's underrated. I think he has the slight edge, but its pretty close. Hopefully a good fight. I think the 2 main TUF fights are gonna be good too. I'm pretty stoked on this card over all. And I also have to agree on the whoever is against bisping gets my vote....until he fights someone I hate more lol.
    Mayhems kinda a goofy guy, but he did come off like a good fella on the show.
    I hope Mayhem wins.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I hope Mayhem wins.
    x2!!!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yeah me too!!!

RECOVERBRO

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Damn fellas.....what the hell happened?? Everything was sweet for the first 3 or 4 minutes....
    If UFC didn't invest in a whole season of TUF with Miller I'd say he won't be back again. I'm still not sure he will...
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Man...that was awful to watch. I hope miller comes back....But damn!!

RECOVERBRO

12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I was very disappointed with Mayhem's effort in this fight. Conversely, I was impressed with Bisping's work against the cage when Mayhem had him in mount.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I thought he was in more trouble than he was when Mayhem had his legs tied up. IMO what makes this worse is just recently a very old(er) yet very bad ass Henderson was gased in the 4th and 5th rounds of his fight and still showed some offense. I understand its the UFC and biggest stage in MMA but this wasn't Mayhem's first rodeo.

Very classy of Bisping at the end though.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Gassing out in the first like a sad heavy weight wasn't the way I imagined Mayhem would lose this. I certainly acknowledged Bisping had the stand up advantage, but I expected Mayhem to be able to maintain on the feet and work the fight to the ground and maybe grind out a decision. Seeing him gassed after the first was really disappoining. I actually stopped watching after the second round. Mayhem's arms looked like led, he was only throwing drunken bar fight hooks, his fighting faculties looked compromised to all hell and I couldn't bare to watch Bisping tee-off and highlight reel Mayhem for another round or so. As much as I know anything can happen in MMA, Mayhem's degredation vs Bisping's freshness & sharpness looked far too polarized for a miracle of that degree.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Gassing out in the first like a sad heavy weight wasn't the way I imagined Mayhem would lose this. I certainly acknowledged Bisping had the stand up advantage, but I expected Mayhem to be able to maintain on the feet and work the fight to the ground and maybe grind out a decision. Seeing him gassed after the first was really disappoining. I actually stopped watching after the second round. Mayhem's arms looked like led, he was only throwing drunken bar fight hooks, his fighting faculties looked compromised to all hell and I couldn't bare to watch Bisping tee-off and highlight reel Mayhem for another round or so. As much as I know anything can happen in MMA, Mayhem's degredation vs Bisping's freshness & sharpness looked far too polarized for a miracle of that degree.
    You missed nothing bro. 3rd round was painful!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. the good news about the bad news...
    By motive in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 04:08 PM
  2. Good news for Paris, better news for us.
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
  3. Good news, Bad News..
    By Poobah in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 03:34 PM
  4. Another hit from the news
    By RSX-S in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:00 PM
  5. good news and bad news