Fedor vs Antonio Silva Fight (video)

  1. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Fedor vs Antonio Silva Fight (video)


    NSCA - CSCS

  2. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    828
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I think Fedor has fights in him still.
  3. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I think Fedor has fights in him still.
    For sure, but I think he needs to seek training outside his very limited and exclusive circle of training partners. Presumably he's the king of the mountain in every aspect relative to his training partners and that's not optimally conducive for self improvement, imho.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    mikeonopiates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    35.96%

    fedor's crappy training in russia can only take him so far. if fedor wants to compete in today's world then he needs to start training with today's standards, and that includes him actually fighting real partners and working on a better strength program. his training used to work for him in pride, but its not going to cut it today, mma just has gotten too competitive for him.
  5. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeonopiates View Post
    fedor's crappy training in russia can only take him so far. if fedor wants to compete in today's world then he needs to start training with today's standards, and that includes him actually fighting real partners and working on a better strength program. his training used to work for him in pride, but its not going to cut it today, mma just has gotten too competitive for him.
    Basically....
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,776
    Rep Power
    1317349
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    The real reason Fedor lost: no Enae Volare Mezzo.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  7. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    828
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    For sure, but I think he needs to seek training outside his very limited and exclusive circle of training partners. Presumably he's the king of the mountain in every aspect relative to his training partners and that's not optimally conducive for self improvement, imho.
    Agreed, but is that realistically going to happen? I think the people around him might be contributing to his decline. I wonder if the bigger HW might make him want to reconsider a LHW stint. But, who knows. He has some real abilities and he would definitely benefit from better conditioning as well as "game planning."

    Then again, the lack of game planning might be the reason he is so exciting to watch.
  8. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Agreed, but is that realistically going to happen? I think the people around him might be contributing to his decline. I wonder if the bigger HW might make him want to reconsider a LHW stint. But, who knows. He has some real abilities and he would definitely benefit from better conditioning as well as "game planning."

    Then again, the lack of game planning might be the reason he is so exciting to watch.
    I don't know much, but I do know Fedor won't be cutting down to LHW. That makes three things in life that are certain, death, taxes and Fedor not cutting down to 205.
    NSCA - CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 02:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 03:32 PM
  3. Will Randy And Fedor Ever Fight ?????
    By xtreme1 in forum MMA
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 09:18 AM
  4. Tim Sylvia's arm after Fedor Fight
    By MMABoxing in forum MMA
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 10:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in