Thoughts on UFC 120? - AnabolicMinds.com

Thoughts on UFC 120?

  1. New Member
    terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    168

    Reputation

    Thoughts on UFC 120?


    Personally I loved the Condit vs Hardy fight; what a KO by Condit!

    The Pyle fight was great. Pyle's reverse triangle choke/crucifix was great.

    So many Brits getting beat on their home turf...overall surprisingly good night of fights.

  2. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    985

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    Personally I loved the Condit vs Hardy fight; what a KO by Condit!

    The Pyle fight was great. Pyle's reverse triangle choke/crucifix was great.

    So many Brits getting beat on their home turf...overall surprisingly good night of fights.
    If only the CoUNT would've gotten his wig pushed back! It would have made up for an otherwise waste of my 2 hours.
  3. Banned
    sluggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Yeah, like most UFCs of late.. Crazy boring.
    Only the condit fight was decent.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1235

    Reputation

    Yeah, that Condit knockout was awesome. I loved watchin' the brits gettin their ass handed to them!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  5. Banned
    sluggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Yeah, that Condit knockout was awesome. I loved watchin' the brits gettin their ass handed to them!!!
    Hell ya, I hear you brother!!! Even the Canadian guy won
  6. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    I hear Condit wants the winner of the shields/kampman fight. Hopefully he gets the loser of the fight cuz I think he was robbed when he fought kampman and I wanna see a rematch. Shields will easily beat kampman.
  7. Advanced Member
    Steelwolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    1015

    Reputation

    Hardy apparently trained with Shaolin monks according to Joe and Mike. I'm sorry I find that hard to beleive in his fighting style. Unless he has totally lost the foundation I do not see any elements of powerful grounding in his style. The people I know are very heavily heavy Kung Fu styles you can not budge these guys for anything off their ground. Now I am not talking the guys who say they know Kung Fu. I am talking the guys who actually do know it. Which is probably less than 1%
    ACSM-CPT
  8. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    985

    Reputation

    In one of Hardy's earlier promo lead-ups to the GSP fight, they showed footage of him at a Shaolin Temple being trained when he was younger. Typical art-school rich-kid stuff. It's always the art school rich kids that wanna act like they're all punk and hardcore. You can spot them a mile away.
  9. Banned
    sluggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    499
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    In one of Hardy's earlier promo lead-ups to the GSP fight, they showed footage of him at a Shaolin Temple being trained when he was younger. Typical art-school rich-kid stuff. It's always the art school rich kids that wanna act like they're all punk and hardcore. You can spot them a mile away.
    Seriously! You can spot the trying too hard, and desperation. Legit hardcore punks don't advertise.
  10. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    985

    Reputation

    Jeff Monson, anyone?
  11. Advanced Member
    Steelwolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    1015

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    In one of Hardy's earlier promo lead-ups to the GSP fight, they showed footage of him at a Shaolin Temple being trained when he was younger. Typical art-school rich-kid stuff. It's always the art school rich kids that wanna act like they're all punk and hardcore. You can spot them a mile away.
    I bet they were "teaching him" alright. The people I know who are deep into the Kung Fu as I was saying barely if ever let out a lot of secrets or training methods to how it goes on. These are guys that though people will laugh they are traditional what can they do, I just smile and think yep keep thinking that. The problem is westernized Kung fu is nothing like real chinese kung fu. Goes along with that, ever met a Military Muay Thai guy, so much different than sport.
    ACSM-CPT
  12. Banned
    Frogman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Jeff Monson, anyone?
    Funny, I was just about to say the same.
  13. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1512

    Reputation

    way too many decisions as of lae. I am tired of these guys not gonig all out. You cant blame them if they are winning but sometimes I feel they could finish without risk. UFC has been teribly boring lately. Each has 1-2 good fights out of 9-11. Hardy K.O. was pretty crazy. I thought his chin was Iron.
  14. New Member
    terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    168

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    I hear Condit wants the winner of the shields/kampman fight. Hopefully he gets the loser of the fight cuz I think he was robbed when he fought kampman and I wanna see a rematch. Shields will easily beat kampman.
    Really???

    That would be a better match than the Kampan fight, but I guess they need to give Shields some warm-up fights before he fights GSP. Can't wait for GSP vs Shields!
  15. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1512

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    Really???

    That would be a better match than the Kampan fight, but I guess they need to give Shields some warm-up fights before he fights GSP. Can't wait for GSP vs Shields!
    Well some people would flip out if he got a shot right away. Thats how people are. Also people do get UFC gitters. So I think having maybe a warm up fight is a good thing and will give us the best title fight. I just dont think shields has it in him to beat GSP. GSP is gonig to really outstrike him. I could see him winning by guillotine though. Also i think Kos has a better chance at beating GSP even though there are a lot of KOs haters and dont think hes that good. That or Anthony Johnson in 3 years. 6-8 fights from now(he might be at 185 though) I think he is explosive enough knock down GSP and beat him that way. I am pretty sure he is gonig to be at 185 though : /

    Even is GSP loses to any WW I really think rematch he will win with determination and game plan. I only see him getting lazy or lucky punch/sub like matt serra.
  16. New Member
    terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    168

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    Well some people would flip out if he got a shot right away. Thats how people are. Also people do get UFC gitters. So I think having maybe a warm up fight is a good thing and will give us the best title fight. I just dont think shields has it in him to beat GSP. GSP is gonig to really outstrike him. I could see him winning by guillotine though. Also i think Kos has a better chance at beating GSP even though there are a lot of KOs haters and dont think hes that good. That or Anthony Johnson in 3 years. 6-8 fights from now(he might be at 185 though) I think he is explosive enough knock down GSP and beat him that way. I am pretty sure he is gonig to be at 185 though : /

    Even is GSP loses to any WW I really think rematch he will win with determination and game plan. I only see him getting lazy or lucky punch/sub like matt serra.
    I don't know, Shields looked great against Robbie Lawler, who is a much bigger guy and a great striker.

    Kampman has great striking, so if Shields beats Kampan in a spectacular fashion, I believe he will beat GSP as well.
  17. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1512

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    I don't know, Shields looked great against Robbie Lawler, who is a much bigger guy and a great striker.

    Kampman has great striking, so if Shields beats Kampan in a spectacular fashion, I believe he will beat GSP as well.
    I am not so sure he is really that much bigger at all. Just huge left hand.
  18. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    985

    Reputation

    I LOVE how Matt Hammil even makes fun of the dumb things that Tito says.
  19. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    I hear Condit wants the winner of the shields/kampman fight. Hopefully he gets the loser of the fight cuz I think he was robbed when he fought kampman and I wanna see a rematch. Shields will easily beat kampman.
    apparently if shields beats kampmann, his next fight is with GSP from what i've been reading.
  20. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27064

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    I am not so sure he is really that much bigger at all. Just huge left hand.
    BWG is right, as Lawler has never been an especially large MW.

    On the note of Shields, the fight is certainly interesting, though not from a competitive standpoint. It is interesting insofar as, stylistically, it will most likely force GSP to batter Shields on the feet ala Fitch.

    Until GSP moves up, assuming he will, Fitch and Shields will be perennial contenders - which oddly enough ought to precipitate their collective move to 185, given their styles pose a more formidable challenge to A. Silva than GSP.
  21. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,988
    Rep Power
    3012

    Reputation

    The fights were pretty boring. Hopefully this weekend is better.
    Dumb question guys. There are a lot of nad kicks in the UFC. Dont they wear a cup? Why such pain and a 5 min. rest?
  22. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    985

    Reputation

    Getting that cup forced up against your groin hurts like nothing else. While your coin purse is protected, it's still a rigid cup encircling it.
  23. New Member
    terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    168

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    apparently if shields beats kampmann, his next fight is with GSP from what i've been reading.
    Seriously???
  24. Advanced Member
    Steelwolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    1015

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Getting that cup forced up against your groin hurts like nothing else. While your coin purse is protected, it's still a rigid cup encircling it.
    Oh yeah. and you gotta be sure its a very good fitting cup otherwise you can still smash a berry.
    ACSM-CPT
  25. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,978
    Rep Power
    969165

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    apparently if shields beats kampmann, his next fight is with GSP from what i've been reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    Seriously???
    ...or Koscheck: Dana White: Shields Deserved Title Shot On Day One

    It looks like Shields might have debuted with a title fight if it weren't for TUF. It would have been kind of like UFC 75: Champion vs Champion when Dan Henderson debuted with a title fight.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  26. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629265

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    If only the CoUNT would've gotten his wig pushed back! It would have made up for an otherwise waste of my 2 hours.
    I know I LOVE seeing him lose. It was so pretty what Henderson did to him.

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    The fights were pretty boring. Hopefully this weekend is better.
    Dumb question guys. There are a lot of nad kicks in the UFC. Dont they wear a cup? Why such pain and a 5 min. rest?
    Anytime I think of low blows now I think of Cheick Kongo. Idk who he was fighting but the guy got him twice in the balls and then Kongo straight BLASTED the dude's balls up into his mouth.
  27. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,988
    Rep Power
    3012

    Reputation

    Gotcha. Thanks guys.
    I'm not familiar with Shields but if he's good I'll be watching him.
  28. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,978
    Rep Power
    969165

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    He's on a pretty good streak. In the last two years he's been the Elite XC Welterweight Championship, the StrikeForce Middleweight Champion, has wins over Dan Henderson, Robbie Lawler, and Paul Daley...not to mention, he is on a 14-0 win streak since late '05

    Other wins include those over Yushin Okami and Carlos Condit. We'll soon see where the UFC will take him.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  29. New Member
    TipTopShape's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    7795

    Reputation

    UFC has been boring lately. its only the main event of the night was the only one exciting.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. thoughts on this for PCT
    By lou38 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
  2. Some Thoughts
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 04:44 PM
  3. Your thoughts...
    By surferph34 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2005, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in