Sonnen tests positive for PED's

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Sweekaters's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    170
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

    Sonnen tests positive for PED's


    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/CSA...-UFC-117-26978

    Not really surprising, I don't doubt that all the top tier fighters are using. Just sucks that he got caught, looks like no Silva v. Sonnen II now.

  2. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    43.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweekaters View Post
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/CSA...-UFC-117-26978

    Not really surprising, I don't doubt that all the top tier fighters are using. Just sucks that he got caught, looks like no Silva v. Sonnen II now.
    As tragic as this is for Chael fans, you can't assume everyone's using or you would also have to assume some tests are fixed and others are not.
  3. New Member
    Sweekaters's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    170
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    As tragic as this is for Chael fans, you can't assume everyone's using or you would also have to assume some tests are fixed and others are not.
    Human Growth Hormone is currently not tested for in any major MMA organization. Add in the fact that most anabolics clear your system in a very short time frame. Most of these guys make bank based on their athletic performance, I wouldn't be surprised if 90%+ of the top guys use, but time their cycles around the tests to avoid being caught.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    perico13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    84.86%

    crazy i was just gonna start a thread about this. excuse the dumb question but what are PEDs?
  5. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629265
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by perico13 View Post
    crazy i was just gonna start a thread about this. excuse the dumb question but what are PEDs?
    Performance
    Enhancing
    Drugs

    Pretty much covers a lot of things but the obvious is AAS.
  6. Advanced Member
    liftallday123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    516
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    3%

    i think he took hormones because they showed a pic of his back at the weigh in at UFC 117 and he had alot of acne on his back and in the before pics from his prvious fight before silva he had none.
  7. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Umm I think UFC does test for HGH but it is very hard to catch. I heard it could be something stupid like OTC cold medicine because he was sick for a little bit. Also California has THE WORST and really odd testing. People always get caught and have problems with California athletic commission testing. I don't know if they are just really good or if something is going on.
  8. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    43.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    This just in Ed Soares is having major stomach pain....



    from all the laughter ...
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweekaters View Post
    Human Growth Hormone is currently not tested for in any major MMA organization. Add in the fact that most anabolics clear your system in a very short time frame. Most of these guys make bank based on their athletic performance, I wouldn't be surprised if 90%+ of the top guys use, but time their cycles around the tests to avoid being caught.
    Testing is not done by the organization and is done by the athletic commissions in each state. Some states, such as TX, do not have any testing at all. Also, many times, they randomly test 4-6 weeks prior to the event.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    Umm I think UFC does test for HGH but it is very hard to catch. I heard it could be something stupid like OTC cold medicine because he was sick for a little bit. Also California has THE WORST and really odd testing. People always get caught and have problems with California athletic commission testing. I don't know if they are just really good or if something is going on.
    HGH is only detectable by blood test and the AC only tests via urinalysis, but I agree that CA has the worst testing procedures in the game.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Testing is not done by the organization and is done by the athletic commissions in each state. Some states, such as TX, do not have any testing at all. Also, many times, they randomly test 4-6 weeks prior to the event.



    HGH is only detectable by blood test and the AC only tests via urinalysis, but I agree that CA has the worst testing procedures in the game.
    Ahh really? so do you think they are all on hgh then?
  11. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    665
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    62.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    HGH is only detectable by blood test and the AC only tests via urinalysis, but I agree that CA has the worst testing procedures in the game.
    HGH can be somewhat detected by blood but muscle biopsy is the only 100% accurate way we have IIRC.
  12. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    43.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

  13. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    Ahh really? so do you think they are all on hgh then?
    IDK what percentage, but I can 100% say that Couture and Tito are using. There's a video on youtube from an interview leading up to their fight in '03. Their heads/jaw look completely different.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    HGH can be somewhat detected by blood but muscle biopsy is the only 100% accurate way we have IIRC.
    Olympic-style testing can detect it when the doses are above "therapeutic" doses. However, no AC doe this style of testing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    3013
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'd like to know what he tested pos. for. Some say caffeine is a PED.
  15. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Antonio big foot silva and josh barnett have the biggest jaws in the sport. Randy and tito really looked like they have and are pretty old and I am pretty sure Randy has done his fair share. It doesn't even bother me because most have used.

    Back to Chael, I hope he gets off the hook or doesn't get suspended. I am dying to see him fight again.
  16. Banned
    perico13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    84.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Performance
    Enhancing
    Drugs

    Pretty much covers a lot of things but the obvious is AAS.
    oh i thought it was some sort of petide or hormone

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    Antonio big foot silva and josh barnett have the biggest jaws in the sport. Randy and tito really looked like they have and are pretty old and I am pretty sure Randy has done his fair share. It doesn't even bother me because most have used.

    Back to Chael, I hope he gets off the hook or doesn't get suspended. I am dying to see him fight again.
    agree with this 100% weather on or off he still did a great job and with a little more practice and dicipline he could be great
  17. New Member
    Sweekaters's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    170
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    Antonio big foot silva and josh barnett have the biggest jaws in the sport. Randy and tito really looked like they have and are pretty old and I am pretty sure Randy has done his fair share. It doesn't even bother me because most have used.

    Back to Chael, I hope he gets off the hook or doesn't get suspended. I am dying to see him fight again.
    You mean to tell me

    this man is not 100% natural? Well damn...
  18. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    wow what is that ugly thing lmao. he blew in his fight vs werdum he couldnt finishi t was really sad.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Bigfoot had a pituitary tumor removed several years ago.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    hes used. He got caught for using ATD. I bet he has suffered a shutdown a long time ago so just used ATD to boost up.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    hes used. He got caught for using ATD. I bet he has suffered a shutdown a long time ago so just used ATD to boost up.
    How does ATD=AAS? ATD also doesn't do jack**** for shutdown and may even make it worse by acting against androgen receptors in the brain.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think he tested pos for that. many people say it can lead to small metabolites of other things. it was prolly bs though.
  23. New Member
    rankbull's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    241
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    98.81%

    Man Sonnen needs some dishsoap, BAAAAD...

    http://www.mmavista.com/mma-discussi...st-t29259.html
    EatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatT rainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrain SleepEatTrainSleepEatTrainSlee pEatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEat TrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrai nSleepEatTrainSleep
  24. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    3013
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So did sonnen use ATD? Is that whats being said?
  25. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,983
    Rep Power
    986032
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Bigfoot had a pituitary tumor removed several years ago.
    I was about to comment that he looks like he has gigantism. A pituitary tumor would explain that.

    I want to say that ATD gives a false positive for boldenone and or test due to downstream metabolites.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  26. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    So did sonnen use ATD? Is that whats being said?
    Nothing has been officially announced, but there's a report that he notified the CSAC that he may fail his UA.

    http://insidefights.com/2010/09/21/c...efore-ufc-117/
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  27. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,983
    Rep Power
    986032
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    69.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    That just sounds odd. Here's the story Rodja linked. I know some of you ARE that lazy.
    There have been two further developments in the Chael Sonnen positive drugs test story. Firstly whilst we still do not know exactly what the substance was that he tested positive for, The Wrestling Observer and other outlets are reporting that the California State Athletic Commission has confirmed that he failed due to an ”unusually high level of testosterone”. This would suggest that the substance he failed for was a steroid and would seemingly undermine the argument put forward by some, that the test failure was due to Sonnen taking medication to combat the cold he was complaining about before the fight.

    Secondly and more bizarrely, the CSAC’s Executive Director George Dodd told Sports Illustrated that Sonnen had actually told him that he might fail for a Performance Enhancing Drug shortly before taking the pre-fight test, the day before UFC 117. Dodd told SI.com that “He only indicated that he was taking [illegal substance] but he never indicated why” and that Sonnen failed to include details of the substance or provide a genuine medical reason for using it in the formal documentation that all fighters submit to the Commission about any medicines or supplements they may be using.

    There has of yet been no comment from Chael Sonnen.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  28. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  29. New Member
    iron fists's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%

    sounds like sonnen needs to get with brian cushings on this one....he is busted for having a higher than normal test level..but no compound found found yet... Bigfoot tested positive for equipoise in pro elite...cotour has a prescription for growth and test...he looks younger now than he did 10 years ago....and testing for gh is tough becuae your body pulsates its release every 3-4 hours..plus there is no direct number that says your high or low....but lets look at sean sherk..he got busted for being 2 nanograms above normal level and had nandrolone metabolites in his system..but his body has never changed.
  30. New Member
    iron fists's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%

    but if sonnen did take something..he should doubled his dose of jiu-jitsu.
  31. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by iron fists View Post
    sounds like sonnen needs to get with brian cushings on this one....he is busted for having a higher than normal test level..but no compound found found yet... Bigfoot tested positive for equipoise in pro elite...cotour has a prescription for growth and test...he looks younger now than he did 10 years ago....and testing for gh is tough becuae your body pulsates its release every 3-4 hours..plus there is no direct number that says your high or low....but lets look at sean sherk..he got busted for being 2 nanograms above normal level and had nandrolone metabolites in his system..but his body has never changed.
    just to be a little A hole id say hes lost a tiny bit buttttttt thats most likely due to age,different training habbits, preventing injury. He still looks amazing i just remember him in like 05-07 damn!

    any proof on Randy C on test and hgh? you can really use those with a prescription? then every guy would have one. maybe just HGH.
  32. New Member
    iron fists's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%

    some one on here had posted about it.,.so i am just repeating what i had read on here...and you are a ahole.lol....sherk is still jacked..did you see the last countdown???and having the opportunity to train with ufc fighters before and during their ufc debut....form what i have learned through the loop is that many of the guys are on test or gh or both...but the difference is there sources..my best guess is the ones who are getting busted are not taking what they think are so they are getting busted...like getting deca instead of equipoise...so detection time isnt 6 months but now 18months for example.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Before everyone damns Chael, remember that Vitor and Nate have both tested positive in their careers.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  34. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,403
    Rep Power
    956441
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    23.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Just as an aside, to replace Chael, Vitor was pulled from the Okami fight and will fight Anderson in early 2011. The winner of that gets the Marquardt/Okami winner.

    Personally, I think Vitor is going to get smoked, but thats just my 2 cents
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  35. New Member
    Sweekaters's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    170
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%

    What is with this? Chael gets busted for roiding and as a result loses his title shot. He gets replaced by Vitor Belfort, who tested positive in 2006?! Do the matchmakers in the UFC not see the irony in that?
  36. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweekaters View Post
    What is with this? Chael gets busted for roiding and as a result loses his title shot. He gets replaced by Vitor Belfort, who tested positive in 2006?! Do the matchmakers in the UFC not see the irony in that?
    That wasn't in the UFC, so it didn't really happen.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  37. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    also its the most legit match up. getting his title shot yanked is the right thing...why? cuz its a year long suspension dude! do you want to wait over a year to see the next title shot? Vitor beat franklin and matt linland big time so lets test his standup vs A silva. I see nothing wrong with this at all. Okami vs silva would be terrible if silva tried. Marquart ehhh not as bad but SIlva would drop him.


    SIlva vs Vitor is the only option. Only thing that will really draw a huge crowd.

    People on this site(usually big MMA fans) wont put down Chael for steroid use because there are pretty educated fans on here who know what other fights do. Its just part of the game. SO many most likely use. I really stopped caring awhile ago.

    Thats a very interesting theory on "not knowing what they are taking" thats a good point. a lot of people test positive for both EQ and deca. Finally a guy tested pos for Test tho? Was it test or something unknown?
  38. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    also its the most legit match up. getting his title shot yanked is the right thing...why? cuz its a year long suspension dude! do you want to wait over a year to see the next title shot? Vitor beat franklin and matt linland big time so lets test his standup vs A silva. I see nothing wrong with this at all. Okami vs silva would be terrible if silva tried. Marquart ehhh not as bad but SIlva would drop him.


    SIlva vs Vitor is the only option. Only thing that will really draw a huge crowd.

    People on this site(usually big MMA fans) wont put down Chael for steroid use because there are pretty educated fans on here who know what other fights do. Its just part of the game. SO many most likely use. I really stopped caring awhile ago.

    Thats a very interesting theory on "not knowing what they are taking" thats a good point. a lot of people test positive for both EQ and deca. Finally a guy tested pos for Test tho? Was it test or something unknown?
    It's not test that triggered a positive test; it's because his test:epitest ratio was off.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  39. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,403
    Rep Power
    956441
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    23.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I just find it ironic and silly that Belfort gets the shot. Here is a guy who tested positive a few years ago, and who, when under pressure in a fight has shown the ability to crumble like a house of cards.

    Will people watch? Of course.....but Belfort is going to get crushed
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  40. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,207
    Rep Power
    945906
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I just find it ironic and silly that Belfort gets the shot. Here is a guy who tested positive a few years ago, and who, when under pressure in a fight has shown the ability to crumble like a house of cards.

    Will people watch? Of course.....but Belfort is going to get crushed
    It also depends which Anderson shows up. When Vitor starts to build confidence, he can end it fast. Plus, Anderson does not have the smothering top-game of Randy or Tito that breaks the spirit of Vitor.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ken shamrock tests positive
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 03:39 PM
  2. Elite XC Champ tests Positive
    By holyintellect in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 07:41 AM
  3. Anderson Silva tests positive
    By Turd in forum MMA
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 05:25 PM
  4. Benoit tests positive...
    By PumpingIron in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 05:54 PM
  5. Landis tests positive
    By ktw in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in