Go Sonnen!

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13734
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    LMAO.

    Thanks for the laugh guys.

    You know who you are.

    Spider still won.

    I love it.

  2. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629267
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.94%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    So who do u guys want to see win the next PPV? lol
  3. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    LMAO.

    Thanks for the laugh guys.

    You know who you are.

    Spider still won.

    I love it.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

    I love it, too. (Now dance, monkey. Dance!)
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Kristofer68SS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,600
    Rep Power
    13734
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    33.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

    I love it, too.



    If I had e-feelings, I might have shed an e-tear.

    lol
  5. Advanced Member
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    389
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    0.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    So who do u guys want to see win the next PPV? lol
    I want to see
    Edgar beat Penn (I hate penn)
    Couture beat Toney
    Miranda beat Maia
    Maynard beat Florian
    and
    Davis beat Diaz

  6. Senior Member
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    933
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    92.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    LMAO.

    Thanks for the laugh guys.

    You know who you are.

    Spider still won.

    I love it.
    Yes, he won, finished the fight, battered Sonnen's face and has the 12 ounces of Gold.

    Results count everything. Sorry Mullet. Not sure who it was that died and made you King so that you have free reign to be condacending when all you cleary have is an opinion like the rest of us.
    Was called right earlier in this thread, you have the need to win all discussions.

    Even Sonnen was quoted of saying Silva may have been injured as he expected more resistance from him.
    I guess that is only someone's opinion also and doesn't count for much in your book.
  7. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by zodiiac523 View Post
    I want to see
    Edgar beat Penn (I hate penn)
    Couture beat Toney
    Miranda beat Maia
    Maynard beat Florian
    and
    Davis beat Diaz

    Penn over Edgar (I hate Edgar)
    Maia over Miranda
    I want Couture to win, but I have a gut feeling Toney might get a 1st round flash KO.
    Florian
    Diaz
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Advanced Member
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    389
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    0.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Penn over Edgar (I hate Edgar)
    Maia over Miranda
    I want Couture to win, but I have a gut feeling Toney might get a 1st round flash KO.
    Florian
    Diaz
    Its not that i like Edgar per say, i just hate him less than Penn..

    I just cant root for Maia after his last performance i saw

    hey, we agree for couture And that is a very possible outcome if randy cant take him down rite away.
  9. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by zodiiac523 View Post
    Its not that i like Edgar per say, i just hate him less than Penn..

    I just cant root for Maia after his last performance i saw

    hey, we agree for couture And that is a very possible outcome if randy cant take him down rite away.
    Yup. My only concern for Randy is how long it takes him to establish pace & find distance. It's in those early moments of a fight where both fighters are feeling each other out that Toney might have his chance. I'm "assuming" because Toney is a pro boxer, that he ought to acclimate to establishing pace & distance first on the feet (however, rumors are that Toney isn't really even training anymore and I don't mean just his ground game, but at all).

    Also, Couture is Greco Roman, so he doesn't have that shoot from afar, football tackle, free-style wrestling TD's. Randy's best TD's are from a body clinch, so we'll see. Randy certainly "can" shoot from a distance, but that's not his specialty, like it is with GSP, Sonnen, Kos, Fitch....

    I think the outcome are going to be utter, polar opposites. Either Toney comes in and looks utterly pathetic, or he comes in and shocks the MMA world with a nasty, first round flash.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Yup. My only concern for Randy is how long it takes him to establish pace & find distance. It's in those early moments of a fight where both fighters are feeling each other out that Toney might have his chance. I'm "assuming" because Toney is a pro boxer, that he ought to acclimate to establishing pace & distance first on the feet (however, rumors are that Toney isn't really even training anymore and I don't mean just his ground game, but at all).

    Also, Couture is Greco Roman, so he doesn't have that shoot from afar, football tackle, free-style wrestling TD's. Randy's best TD's are from a body clinch, so we'll see. Randy certainly "can" shoot from a distance, but that's not his specialty, like it is with GSP, Sonnen, Kos, Fitch....

    I think the outcome are going to be utter, polar opposites. Either Toney comes in and looks utterly pathetic, or he comes in and shocks the MMA world with a nasty, first round flash.
    Randy actually did folkstyle back in his HS days and didn't make the transition to Greco until he was in the Army.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  11. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Hopefully he goes for a successful TD, sooner then later.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Advanced Member
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    641
    Rep Power
    389
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    0.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Yup. My only concern for Randy is how long it takes him to establish pace & find distance. It's in those early moments of a fight where both fighters are feeling each other out that Toney might have his chance. I'm "assuming" because Toney is a pro boxer, that he ought to acclimate to establishing pace & distance first on the feet (however, rumors are that Toney isn't really even training anymore and I don't mean just his ground game, but at all).

    Also, Couture is Greco Roman, so he doesn't have that shoot from afar, football tackle, free-style wrestling TD's. Randy's best TD's are from a body clinch, so we'll see. Randy certainly "can" shoot from a distance, but that's not his specialty, like it is with GSP, Sonnen, Kos, Fitch....

    I think the outcome are going to be utter, polar opposites. Either Toney comes in and looks utterly pathetic, or he comes in and shocks the MMA world with a nasty, first round flash.
    I agree with you there, and not even training, this seems pretty stupid, If i were him i would spend alot of time with takedown def and work alot in the clinch...

    And yes, also a bad spot for couture to be, im not sure how well Toneys clinch boxing is but im sure he has the power to throw a few haymakers from most clinch positions

    And agree again, either Toney by KO/TKO or Couture takes it to the ground fairly easy and dominates..
  13. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37733
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    LMAO.

    Thanks for the laugh guys.

    You know who you are.

    Spider still won.

    I love it.
    Silva's win was about as meaningful and worthwhile as this:

  14. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1515
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm going to take this opportunity to sip on my hateraid

    Nice dude, that's effing ridiculous.
    haha yeah I had students loans to pay off and lastyears basketball season did work on me so atleast I am back up a little. Now its time to start playing with a lot smaller amonuts because I am up a few G's. I now never bet anything to do with the lakers weather it be win or lose haha
  15. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    haha yeah I had students loans to pay off and lastyears basketball season did work on me so atleast I am back up a little. Now its time to start playing with a lot smaller amonuts because I am up a few G's. I now never bet anything to do with the lakers weather it be win or lose haha
    I made $900 on the most recent Lakers play off's. I thought that was pretty cool until your 10G's.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78138
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by zodiiac523 View Post
    I agree with you there, and not even training, this seems pretty stupid, If i were him i would spend alot of time with takedown def and work alot in the clinch...

    And yes, also a bad spot for couture to be, im not sure how well Toneys clinch boxing is but im sure he has the power to throw a few haymakers from most clinch positions

    And agree again, either Toney by KO/TKO or Couture takes it to the ground fairly easy and dominates..
    Bernard Hopkins released a statement favoring Randy and B-Hop has dumped on MMA in the past.

    "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked. James Toney is out of his league," Hopkins recently told Mauro Ranallo on Sirius' Hardcore Sports Radio. "I believe and I'll go on record with this, the best MMA guy or UFC guy goes up against the boxer in the world, in their arena ... gets their ass kicked. I don't care if it's Floyd [Mayweather], [Manny] Pacquiao or Bernard Hopkins. It's not what we do."

    Hopkins also added that if UFC champ Anderson Silva tried to straight up box against an elite boxer, he'd struggle as well.

    "This is a different arena. I'm not saying he won't have his moments," said Hopkins. "Listen, when that instinct comes in. When one guy is used to taking a guy down, using his forearm or chin or whatever and you take that away, it's like taking his teeth out of his mouth. He's no longer a lion."
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Advanced Member
    Mjolnir's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    194899
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    60.45%
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
  2. Sonnen tests positive for PED's
    By Sweekaters in forum MMA
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 02:48 PM
  3. Silva vs Sonnen
    By bluehealer in forum MMA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in