........

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    ........


    The horseman are next...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  2. Registered User
    Moeller's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    136

    What horsemen, may I ask?
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Seriously, did anyone see that coming? Buster Douglas of MMA.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by Moeller View Post
    What horsemen, may I ask?
    I assume you don't watch MMA? Note, I said MMA and not UFC.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    crowpass's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    2240

    does this have to do with the fedor fight?
  6. Registered User
    crowpass's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    2240

    aww sh*t. it happens, i still believe. .
  7. Registered User
    Vtaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    190

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The horseman are next...
    Fedor losing is the first sign that the 2012 sh!t is REAL.

    I was totally speechless after this fight.........end times are near.
  8. Registered User
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    929

    I always said that Fedor is a talented fighter simply with the best record not the GOAT. Reason being he hasn't fought enough world class opponents. Even though some were once great or great in a single dicipline and world class heavyweights are no longer Coleman, Nogeira, Cro Crop. The sport has evolved far beyond these fighters. Against world class opponents,,,a fighters mistakes and weaknesses get capitalized on.....like Fedor leaving his arm exposed for too long.

    How long do you think his record would remain spotless if he were continuously exposed to the like of Overeem, Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, Dos Sontos? Could he beat some of them.....possibly. But not all of them.
  9. Registered User
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    984

    You all will think I'm b.s.'ing if I said that called this to my friends an hour before the fight. I've been feeling it since this fight was announced. I'm glad that now people will, hopefully, shut up about him being the best P4P and whatnot but also sad because I wanted to see Overeem smash him before coming to the UFC.

    EDIT: Behold! A pale horse! Is that Pestilence?
  10. Registered User
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    You all will think I'm b.s.'ing if I said that called this to my friends an hour before the fight. I've been feeling it since this fight was announced. I'm glad that now people will, hopefully, shut up about him being the best P4P and whatnot but also sad because I wanted to see Overeem smash him before coming to the UFC.

    EDIT: Behold! A pale horse! Is that Pestilence?
    I too wanted to see Overeem-Fedor.
  11. Registered User
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by Vtaper View Post
    Fedor losing is the first sign that the 2012 sh!t is REAL.

    I was totally speechless after this fight.........end times are near.
    Gullible.....just like Fedor GOAT. Hope you are kidding or maybe just a kid.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    I always said that Fedor is a talented fighter simply with the best record not the GOAT. Reason being he hasn't fought enough world class opponents. Even though some were once great or great in a single dicipline and world class heavyweights are no longer Coleman, Nogeira, Cro Crop. The sport has evolved far beyond these fighters. Against world class opponents,,,a fighters mistakes and weaknesses get capitalized on.....like Fedor leaving his arm exposed for too long.

    How long do you think his record would remain spotless if he were continuously exposed to the like of Overeem, Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, Dos Sontos? Could he beat some of them.....possibly. But not all of them.
    You realize that Werdum is a world-class BJJ artist, right? Or that Overeem is a K1-level kickboxer, Lesnar a D-1 champ, etc.?

    You really should evaluate your statement before posting it.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    Vtaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    190

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Gullible.....just like Fedor GOAT. Hope you are kidding or maybe just a kid.
    Did you notice I was replying to a quote that was obviously sarcasm?(four horseman?)

    Did you notice that I post my age like you do?

    Since those are both a "no", and by your post not knowing that most of the heavyweights you mentioned are single disciplined fighters I hope you are kidding or maybe just experiencing early-on-set-alzheimers.
  14. Registered User
    zodiiac523's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    382

    wow, dropped him early just got too aggressive trying to finish and caught in a triangle...

    for anyone who didnt see it

    YouTube- Fedor Emelianenko vs Fabricio Werdum Strikeforce M1 Full Fight Video
  15. Registered User
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,059
    Rep Power
    45133

    Quote Originally Posted by zodiiac523 View Post
    wow, dropped him early just got too aggressive trying to finish and caught in a triangle...

    for anyone who didnt see it

    YouTube- Fedor Emelianenko vs Fabricio Werdum Strikeforce M1 Full Fight Video
    fedor didnt drop him the werdum sat back.
  16. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    629304

    Does anybody think there will be a controversy with the "tap?" I mean it was a single tap and usually it has to be taps in session. One could even make the argument it wasnt even really a tap, that he was merely putting his hand on Werdum's thigh. I can just see the hardcore Fedor fans saying things like that.

    My friend was crushed after watching it. It was like a kid finding out Santa Claus isnt real. It was a little scary and funny at the same time. I mean Im a Fedor fan and wanted him to win. It shocked me but my world isnt coming to an end lol. I do know that Strikeforce got a little less interesting last night.

    But man I did like seeing Cung Le destroy Scott Smith. Plus Cyborg destroyed that girl it was sad to watch after a while. 7 minutes of pure ass kicking.
  17. Registered User
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agoura Hills
    Posts
    1,504
    Rep Power
    3213

    hmmmm nope he's right. The end is near.
  18. Banned
    matthew76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South East US
    Posts
    3,671
    Rep Power
    0

    It was bound to happen at some point. He did not get his ass dropped, though. He simply left himself exposed for a few extra hammer fists. I think Fedor would destroy the guy given a second match.
  19. Registered User
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    It was bound to happen at some point. He did not get his ass dropped, though. He simply left himself exposed for a few extra hammer fists. I think Fedor would destroy the guy given a second match.
    Watch the fight again. Fedor's head was beat red from the triangle.
    Werdum was moving Fedor's arm around and could have broken it had he not tapped.
    Wedum's BJJ plan was excellent and Fedor played right into it.
  20. Registered User
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You realize that Werdum is a world-class BJJ artist, right? Or that Overeem is a K1-level kickboxer, Lesnar a D-1 champ, etc.?

    You really should evaluate your statement before posting it.
    Sorry I did not make my post clear.
    I am simply saying to be the GOAT is not simply having the cleanest record. It is fighting all the best when they are at their peak. Simply put it's usually FIGHTING THE FIGHTS THE FANS WANT TO SEE, win or lose regardless of pay structure or contracts.

    Fedor's best fights are ahead of him. I would love to see the UFC quickly re sign Werdum and sign Overeem and inevitably Fedor. This would be a stacked HW division. This would bring some of best fights we have ever seen.
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    Sorry I did not make my post clear.
    I am simply saying to be the GOAT is not simply having the cleanest record. It is fighting all the best when they are at their peak. Simply put it's usually FIGHTING THE FIGHTS THE FANS WANT TO SEE, win or lose regardless of pay structure or contracts.

    Fedor's best fights are ahead of him. I would love to see the UFC quickly re sign Werdum and sign Overeem and inevitably Fedor. This would be a stacked HW division. This would bring some of best fights we have ever seen.
    How does everyone disregard the beatings of Nog (at his peak), Herring (at his peak), CC (at his peak), etc?

    Why should it matter in which organization the fights occur? Bottom line: Fedor hates Dana White's business tactics and that will prevent him from ever fighting under the UFC banner. His recent strongarm tactics against Tapout to terminate their endorsement of Fedor only widened the chasm.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969163

    ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I wasn't paying attention to which sub-forum this was in before I clicked on it. The damn thread title caught me off guard, lol. d

    The card looked good though, so I'll still watch it tonight!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    How does everyone disregard the beatings of Nog (at his peak), Herring (at his peak), CC (at his peak), etc?

    Why should it matter in which organization the fights occur? Bottom line: Fedor hates Dana White's business tactics and that will prevent him from ever fighting under the UFC banner. His recent strongarm tactics against Tapout to terminate their endorsement of Fedor only widened the chasm.
    I am no Dana White fan, but Fedor's management is just as much to blame for this as DW. In fact, imo probably more. Why in the world should hte UFC co-promote for Fedor and M-1? It would be a foolish business move.

    I am happy he lost at this point, as I do not believe he is the #1 heavyweight in the world. I have a great deal of respect for him and all he accomplished, but at this stage of the development of HW's, Fedor is not #1
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  24. Registered User
    luclyluciano's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    How does everyone disregard the beatings of Nog (at his peak), Herring (at his peak), CC (at his peak), etc?

    Why should it matter in which organization the fights occur? Bottom line: Fedor hates Dana White's business tactics and that will prevent him from ever fighting under the UFC banner. His recent strongarm tactics against Tapout to terminate their endorsement of Fedor only widened the chasm.
    To proclaim to be the GREATEST you have to prove you are the GREATEST by fighting EVERYONE WORTHY!
    Looking after your own best best interests is another thing all together and the two do not mix.
    What happens if he fights Cain, Dosantos, Carwin, Lesnar, Overeem and loses to several or all of them? Is he then the GOAT?
    Just so happens most of the competent HW's are in the UFC.
    GOAT recognition does not come with limitations like, I don't like their contracts, I want to be able to choose my fights, etc It is GOAT for god's sakes and to be the GREATEST OF ALL TIME one must fight simply to be the GREATEST without conditions.
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    To proclaim to be the GREATEST you have to prove you are the GREATEST by fighting EVERYONE WORTHY!
    Looking after your own best best interests is another thing all together and the two do not mix.
    What happens if he fights Cain, Dosantos, Carwin, Lesnar, Overeem and loses to several or all of them? Is he then the GOAT?
    Just so happens most of the competent HW's are in the UFC.
    GOAT recognition does not come with limitations like, I don't like their contracts, I want to be able to choose my fights, etc It is GOAT for god's sakes and to be the GREATEST OF ALL TIME one must fight simply to be the GREATEST without conditions.
    I'll put it another way then. Since 2003, when Fedor beat Nog, there has been a calling to see him fight the top UFC HWs. From Sylvia to Mir to AA to Couture and now Lesnar, there has always been curiosity to see what would happen. The thing that has remained the same is that it's always about Fedor. The others have fallen to some degree, but Fedor stayed on top.

    And, let's be honest about the other top HWs: each of their most impressive wins is either against someone horribly overrated or against someone well past their prime.

    Mir's/Cain's win was Nog
    Lesnar/Carwin win was Mir
    JDS win was CC
    Overeem's was, well, he doesn't really have a great HW win

    The GOAT is someone who stayed on top for years and faced elite fighters during their respective primes. For over 7 years, Fedor was the universally accepter #1 HW in the world. No one even begins to approach that streak.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Registered User
    texaswolf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    5
    Posts
    470
    Rep Power
    301

    I think it might actually be good that he lost. It takes away all the freaking mystique surrounding him. Maybe his Russian Mob handlers at M1-Global will let him fight in the UFC now.

    It was definitely a shocker though.
  27. Registered User
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SLO
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1511

    fedor was going to finish him. his hands in person looked so fast. it was a fluke.
  28. Registered User
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3787

    this fight broke my heart. fell into a triangle like a newb...im certain the strategy was to keep it on the feet and KO werdum. you cant recklessly GnP a world class jits artist
  29. Registered User
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33852

    I personally think he felt like Werdum was rocked more than he actually was, and that if he rushed he could get the stop right then. A shame, indeed. But props to Werdum, he will now be known as the guy that beat Fedor, quite the feat.
  30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27062

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    this fight broke my heart. fell into a triangle like a newb...im certain the strategy was to keep it on the feet and KO werdum. you cant recklessly GnP a world class jits artist
    He did just that to Big Nog - twice. This loss was, in my opinion, a combination of overconfidence and complacency on Fedor's part.
  •   

      
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in