Faber Vs Aldo

  1. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Faber Vs Aldo


    Seriously did nobody get this event?
    Not sure any of it was worth 50 buck but I was still very much entertained.
    Out of the 2 main events I thought one was gonna end in the first and the other go the distance. I just had no idea I had them mixed up. One was torture and the other was like AH COME ON!

  2. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,405
    Rep Power
    956442
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Aldo is something else. Cant wait till he physically matures into 155, he is going to be a beast for a lot of years.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. New Member
    1ArmMan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    134
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    55.52%

    Garcia vs Korean guy got fight of the night imo.

    I was there live /flex
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    43.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ArmMan View Post
    Garcia vs Korean guy got fight of the night imo.

    I was there live /flex
    Garcia should have got brawl of the night.
  5. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I didn't know Aldo was that beast. I can't recall the last time I watched someone chop their opponent down with leg kicks so systematically.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1513
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    faber is and has been over rated. cool ass guy who works his ass off. jsut doesnt have it. i hope to see him be more bad ass in the future and lose the california kid crap.
  7. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629265
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    36.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I think the Korean Zombie won that fight.
  8. Advanced Member
    Jeff's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    637
    Rep Power
    461
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    78.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I think the Korean Zombie won that fight.
    I did too, that skinny little dude could take and give some abuse.
  9. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,431
    Rep Power
    1147168
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    that fight cost faber a lot of money...not only in fight money in the future...but also going to cost him in sponsership money...he doesn't have to to many sponsers anyway like some fighters but he can't be the poster boy for the WEC anymore i wouldn't think with 3 losses in recent history
  10. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78136
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    that fight cost faber a lot of money...not only in fight money in the future...but also going to cost him in sponsership money...he doesn't have to to many sponsers anyway like some fighters but he can't be the poster boy for the WEC anymore i wouldn't think with 3 losses in recent history
    It might be a little different for Faber. Apparently, he has a lot of like-ability and appeals to a lot of people with his charisma. Also, his current popularity has been focused on "how tough he is" as oppose to measuring him by victories. The minute he lost to Aldo, the first articles I saw popping up everywhere wasn't about Aldo's systematic breakdown of Faber, but about how tough Faber was to stick it out in spite of his legs hurting.

    I'm not a Faber fan and I was massively impressed and blown away by Aldo, but Faber may still be the poster boy. He had a long, long run as champ, so on the record books, he may forever be respected. I don't see what the big hype is about Faber, but he carries the most clout in the WEC and as long as he doesn't turn into a complete **** or lose to a can, I'm not sure that will change too drastically.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Elite Member
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,431
    Rep Power
    1147168
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    It might be a little different for Faber. Apparently, he has a lot of like-ability and appeals to a lot of people with his charisma. Also, his current popularity has been focused on "how tough he is" as oppose to measuring him by victories. The minute he lost to Aldo, the first articles I saw popping up everywhere wasn't about Aldo's systematic breakdown of Faber, but about how tough Faber was to stick it out in spite of his legs hurting.

    I'm not a Faber fan and I was massively impressed and blown away by Aldo, but Faber may still be the poster boy. He had a long, long run as champ, so on the record books, he may forever be respected. I don't see what the big hype is about Faber, but he carries the most clout in the WEC and as long as he doesn't turn into a complete **** or lose to a can, I'm not sure that will change too drastically.
    your right with what u say...and i know females who don't know anything about mma that u say his name and they act like it's new kids on the block all over again...all i know is i'm gonna be real mad when he fights again and wins and then gets yet another shot at the title after only 1 win like he's been doing since he lost the title
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Aldo Wants to Fight in UFC, But Not Yet
    By VolcomX311 in forum MMA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 01:00 AM
  3. Faber Vs Brown II (WEC)
    By Jessep76 in forum MMA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 11:46 AM
  4. Urijah Faber Tv Show
    By elscotto in forum MMA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
  5. Urijah Faber workout
    By hawks31 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in