Strikeforce 4/17 - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Strikeforce 4/17

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Professional Member
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    1770

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Ah, you must be referring to Shamrock's neutrality? Could not agree more. The way he remained neutral for the Cung Le, Diaz and Shields fight was very professional. Please note the heavy, heavy sarcasm here.



    I am definitely interested in seeing him in the UFC, but with that being said, GSP most likely crushes him as well. Hendo was a great wrestler, but I had thought GSP was the best MMA-wrestler for some time, and Shields simply does not seem athletic enough to contend in that area. As well, Henderson is terrible off his back - see A. Silva fight - and I suspect GSP would not have similar issues. This being said, I still think they should bring Shields in to face the winner of Fitch/Alves for a title shot.
    Hey Mullet: I told you Shields would have something for just about anyone in the world. I knew I coulod seem a little biased before in our discussions because of my affiliation but I'm glad now you realize what i've been saying about Jake all along. HE is that good. NOT saying he would beat GSP but saying he is a match for ANYONE in the world. Interesting thing is we have not seen GSP on his back in a while I belive since Koshcheck? so we don't know how he will do Shields is as big as GSP and this could get very very interesting

  2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    Hey Mullet: I told you Shields would have something for just about anyone in the world. I knew I coulod seem a little biased before in our discussions because of my affiliation but I'm glad now you realize what i've been saying about Jake all along. HE is that good. NOT saying he would beat GSP but saying he is a match for ANYONE in the world. Interesting thing is we have not seen GSP on his back in a while I belive since Koshcheck? so we don't know how he will do Shields is as big as GSP and this could get very very interesting
    Well, I really would not go that far. Henderson has always been terrible off his back, and that was my mistake for forgetting that. Against Silva, against Rampage, etc., he seemed lost off his back. Still though, great fight by Shields.

    GSP has been on his back for (I believe) three minutes in his last ~150 minutes of fighting: once against Kos, a minute against Fitch, and a minute against Alves after pulling his groin. If Kos and Fitch were incapable of keeping him there, I doubt that Shields would fare any better. That is also assuming Shields could get him there w/o being stuffed and/or reversed, or even more likely, put on his back prior to that.

    Shields was great last night, but his style mirrors GSP's, except for the fact GSP is excellent at everything Shields is reasonably good at! All this being said, Shields is still a credible threat to GSP which is something the UFC still needs. I am interested in seeing GSP tested.
  3. Professional Member
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    1770

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Shields was great last night, but his style mirrors GSP's, except for the fact GSP is excellent at everything Shields is reasonably good at! All this being said, Shields is still a credible threat to GSP which is something the UFC still needs. I am interested in seeing GSP tested.
    yeah see last time we talked you said shields would have nothing to offer GSP and now you realize him as a threat. and you are correct getting GSP on his back is a horrific task for anyone. It was never my intent to say JAKE would win against GSP but I have always believed that it wouldn't be a walk over like many people used to say.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    mix, I gotta give you credit. I was not a believer in shields at all. However, he impressed the hell out of me last night. I would love to see him in the UFC at either 170 or 185.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    yeah see last time we talked you said shields would have nothing to offer GSP and now you realize him as a threat. and you are correct getting GSP on his back is a horrific task for anyone. It was never my intent to say JAKE would win against GSP but I have always believed that it wouldn't be a walk over like many people used to say.
    Haha, I think you may be misunderstanding what I'm saying! By "credible" threat I mean: somebody he has not beaten, who can defend the TD, and has decent JJ. See what I am driving at? He certainly has more to offer than any of the current UFC WWs, but whether or not that is saying much is up for debate.

    I am not disparaging Shields by saying a potential GSP fight is a wash, as I think he may very well dominate most other WWs, and you are right in that respect, but it is simply a horrendous style match-up for him. He uses both his JJ and wrestling to control opponents from the top position, and that is his only threat. Just not a good match up for him at all, and that is not a comment on his skill set.
  6. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    985

    Reputation

    Shields will get raped by GSP. I also believe GSP would finish it this time. In fact, GSP would've beaten either of those 2.
  7. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    [QUOTE=Mulletsoldier;2392290]Ah, you must be referring to Shamrock's neutrality? Could not agree more. The way he remained neutral for the Cung Le, Diaz and Shields fight was very professional. Please note the heavy, heavy sarcasm here.


    *iz laughing*
  8. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    What was all that at the end? I only caught like 2 seconds of it because of the Mrs...lol
    google jake mayhem scuffle. there's some great video up.
    Looks like Nick was getting his riot beatdown on. you can see him holding on to mayhem's lower body while someone else has his upper body and nick is putting the spurs to his kidneys. Kinda funny though..for a bunch of mixed martial artists they didn't do much to mayhem, granted they had people pulling them off. To see the smile on Dana's face if he were watching it would have been priceless. Except its probably gonna set back all of MMA as a result. Looked like a school cafeteria fight in Watts.
  9. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    google jake mayhem scuffle. there's some great video up.
    Looks like Nick was getting his riot beatdown on. you can see him holding on to mayhem's lower body while someone else has his upper body and nick is putting the spurs to his kidneys. Kinda funny though..for a bunch of mixed martial artists they didn't do much to mayhem, granted they had people pulling them off. To see the smile on Dana's face if he were watching it would have been priceless. Except its probably gonna set back all of MMA as a result. Looked like a school cafeteria fight in Watts.
    lol i think Nate or someone else was getting head kicks in on Mayhem
  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    I doubt it has large ramifications for MMA in general. In reality, Strikeforce and Strikeforce only will suffer from this, and CBS may review their presence on network television overall.

    SF royally and impressively fucked up this whole endeavor: they bet the farm on Dan Henderson, banked on three title fights being interesting, and delivered a boring, tedious and drawn-out broadcast while losing their champion in the process.
  11. New Member
    the epiphany's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    59

    Reputation

    Shields did a great/ smart job picking up the win agianst a past his prime fighter in Henderson wonder what he will do agianst tougher competition in the ufc.
  12. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3789

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by the epiphany View Post
    Shields did a great/ smart job picking up the win agianst a past his prime fighter in Henderson wonder what he will do agianst tougher competition in the ufc.
    i was surprised how well jake took those opening shots, dan hit him with a bunch of heavy rights but it didnt matter
  13. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    What was all that at the end? I only caught like 2 seconds of it because of the Mrs...lol
    Gilbert Melendez got pissed that Miller called Jake out in the middle of his victory speech. He thought that was real disrespectful so he gave Miller a stfu nudge, then Miller shoved back and Nate Diaz came in with the TD attempt. After that, it became a Diaz neighborhood BBQ; Miller got stomped out.

    Some people hate the Diaz brothers, but I find them amusing.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    After that, it became a Diaz neighborhood BBQ; Miller got stomped out.
    LOL!
    San Jose stylee
  15. New Member
    Lacradocious's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    284

    Reputation

    I find the Diaz brothers amusing myself. I also think Shields would get raped by GSP. Shields did a great job getting passed Hendo's guard but then did nothing with it. In my opinion, if you get full mount 3 or 4 rounds in a row on someone, you should have the skill to then finish or at least beat someone up. He did neither in my opinion.
  16. Advanced Member
    Motox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    790
    Rep Power
    19689

    Reputation

    Aoki is wayyyy too small to be a top lw contender bj, gray any top 5 american would destroy him like gilbert did. The japanese athlete isjust not there yet physically and striking is sup par
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. UFC response to Strikeforce 4/17
    By AE14 in forum MMA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 04:22 PM
  2. Hendo is in Strikeforce
    By AE14 in forum MMA
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
  3. Strikeforce and WEC
    By purelife1 in forum MMA
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:45 PM
  4. Strikeforce Stream
    By liquid in forum MMA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 08:21 PM
  5. Strikeforce anyone ?
    By sonofsteven in forum MMA
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in