Anderson Silva vs. Brazilians

  1. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1514
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Anderson Silva vs. Brazilians


    Anderson Silva will not finish a Brazilian as a champion. If he fights Machida or Shogun unless Sho gun comes at him, I really dont think he will go for a KO. His whole respect thing for his country is cool and all but finish a fight. I am sure as a fighter Maia would rather get beaten by stoppage than look foolish. So glad I didnt buy it.

  2. New Member
    khakiman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    72
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    66.56%

    is that his official reason for acting like a tool?
  3. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by khakiman View Post
    is that his official reason for acting like a tool?
    No, apparently Anderson Silva felt disrespected when Demian Maia [paraphrasing] basically said he was going to submit Anderson. Something along the lines of if he's a spider I'm going to take one of his arms and that was enough to get Anderson riled up.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    elscotto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    176
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    56.64%

    andersons arrogance is discusting.. i am no longer a fan!
  5. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3790
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    if you feel disrespected then why not knock the other dudes teeth out?!!?!? what a joke!! you go in there and knock forrest griffin (who is bigger w/ better standup than maia) in 20 seconds but you're gonna run away from a small jiujitsu middleweight???? what a loser, im starting to think his fights are fixed to be honest.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,550
    Rep Power
    1213215
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    If you're going to fix a fight, they would at least make it entertaining and not look that piece of garbage.

    BTW, I still think the Forrest/Silva fight is very, very suspect.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  7. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3790
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    If you're going to fix a fight, they would at least make it entertaining and not look that piece of garbage.

    BTW, I still think the Forrest/Silva fight is very, very suspect.
    what the F happened on saturday??? what do you honestly think, youve seen your fair shair of mma fights?
  8. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,550
    Rep Power
    1213215
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    what the F happened on saturday??? what do you honestly think, youve seen your fair shair of mma fights?
    He feels like he's too good for this "level" of competition, yet has too much pride to relinquish the title. Honestly, it's absolutely disgusting and he would have been DQ'd in PRIDE.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  9. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,468
    Rep Power
    1083705
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    45.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    The UFC brass needs to strip him and move him to 205, end of story.

    185 imo would be better without him. Depending on where Vitor is in his recovery, have him fight Sonnen. Hell, move Franklin back down for another body
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  10. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1514
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    he always beats white americans thats it. fools a racist!!!!
  11. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3790
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    hahaha did anyone see the interview with chael sonnen? he says that anderson speaks perfect english and he has had conversations with him. apparently anderson is that much of a prick that he wont even speak english in interviews or ufc
  12. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,550
    Rep Power
    1213215
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    hahaha did anyone see the interview with chael sonnen? he says that anderson speaks perfect english and he has had conversations with him. apparently anderson is that much of a prick that he wont even speak english in interviews or ufc
    I saw that about a month ago. He's stirring up some major **** with Anderson and I think it's hilarious. He has the wrestling to give Anderson fits, but IDK if he has enough to win. I'll definitely be cheering for him to end the streak.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  13. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3790
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I saw that about a month ago. He's stirring up some major **** with Anderson and I think it's hilarious. He has the wrestling to give Anderson fits, but IDK if he has enough to win. I'll definitely be cheering for him to end the streak.
    yea im not sold on sonnen either but werent you impressed with how he manhandled Nate out of all people? he beat him in a very anderson-esque manner
  14. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,550
    Rep Power
    1213215
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    yea im not sold on sonnen either but werent you impressed with how he manhandled Nate out of all people? he beat him in a very anderson-esque manner
    He showed off his dominant wrestling and great cardio. Anderson's weakness is a power wrestler and he has much better GnP than Hendo as well. It'll be interesting to see how Andy reacts while on his back and getting tagged over and over.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  15. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3790
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    He showed off his dominant wrestling and great cardio. Anderson's weakness is a power wrestler and he has much better GnP than Hendo as well. It'll be interesting to see how Andy reacts while on his back and getting tagged over and over.
    after all the taunting and yelling he did on saturday towards a quiet and humble Maia...i cant wait to see that
  16. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1514
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    how bout hughes helping up renzo lol. that was a classy fight. like to see the respect for eachother it was nice. and another W for the old vet hughes is nice.


    dude i was shocked sonnen beat nate. I like nate but then again he does train at jacksons camp.....haha anyways in sonnen beats silva that would be amazing. Silva needs to get his sonnen is doing a good job at talking **** that was really funny.
  17. Board Sponsor
    LG Sciences's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,965
    Rep Power
    84323
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    84.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Silva really is a disappointment. He's apologized for the past 4 out of 5 fights! Disgusting...
  18. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    Silva really is a disappointment. He's apologized for the past 4 out of 5 fights! Disgusting...
    and he took back his apology in the backrooms right after UFC112. He said he had nothing to apologize for because he felt Demian disrespected him.

    Anyone catch Andy's impersonation of Rickson Gracie during the fight?

    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Senior Member
    AntonG42O's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    3790
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i thought that was a Royce impression? I just watched a clip of him doing a bunch of fighter's impressions
  20. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,550
    Rep Power
    1213215
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    All the Gracies had pretty much the same style back in the day. Hands down, chin up; sadly, that's still how Arona fights.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  21. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Dana just announced Chael to be Andy's next victim. Considering Chael probably has no chance fight-wise, perhaps he can talk enough trash to send Andy into an unfocused rage. Maybe Chael can beat a mentally distraught Andy.

    P.S. Granted a strong wrestler is Andy's weak spot, Chael has to get close enough first.... Hendo should have been Andy's kryptonite and maybe he was and just executed a poor strategy, but I see Chael as a less talented version of Hendo. We'll see. I'll be rooting Chael for sure and I hope he runs his mouth like a Kenyan marathoner.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,550
    Rep Power
    1213215
    Level
    93
    Lv. Percent
    58.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Dana just announced Chael to be Andy's next victim. Considering Chael probably has no chance fight-wise, perhaps he can talk enough trash to send Andy into an unfocused rage. Maybe Chael can beat a mentally distraught Andy.

    P.S. Granted a strong wrestler is Andy's weak spot, Chael has to get close enough first.... Hendo should have been Andy's kryptonite and maybe he was and just executed a poor strategy, but I see Chael as a less talented version of Hendo. We'll see. I'll be rooting Chael for sure and I hope he runs his mouth like a Kenyan marathoner.
    The different style of wrestling should really help Chael (who also has much better GnP than Hendo).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  23. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The different style of wrestling should really help Chael (who also has much better GnP than Hendo).
    Anything that gives Chael an edge is good news to me. I used to NOT like Chael for his ridiculous rantings and I was relatively neutral on Anderson, but in this fight, I'm Chael's biggest fan. Skeptical, but hopeful.
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1514
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    do you guys think this was good for buisness or bad? Andersons point of view or dana's. silva would be so bored fighting in another promotion. he would fight a HW im sure.
  25. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78137
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    do you guys think this was good for buisness or bad? Andersons point of view or dana's. silva would be so bored fighting in another promotion. he would fight a HW im sure.
    I don't know if I think its "bad" for business, but I think it'd be better for business if Silva was fighting a perceived challenge, such as someone reputable in the HW or some form of a super-fight. Chael is another run-in-the-mill fight where I'm sure the masses will give it a Dan Hardy/GSP type chances, where Chael is of course Hardy in this situation.

    I think there will be more interest with the more dedicated fans, who are on the forums being amused by Chael's ability to talk trash and looking forward to some kind of reaction from Silva, but as far as the masses go, ergo the money, I don't think Chael and Andy is a real draw, in comparison to taking Frank Mir up on his calling out of Andy Silva.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Senior Member
    bigwhiteguy29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    1514
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    alright who are you picking mir or silva? silva would be at like 218-225(he holds a lot of water) for the fight. fir 263. speed vs size.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anderson Silva Vs Vitor Belfort
    By TipTopShape in forum MMA
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 01:52 AM
  2. Anderson Silva cheating or no?
    By ThomasRivera in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:37 AM
  3. WTF? Anderson Silva retire?
    By MentalTwitch in forum MMA
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 12:50 AM
  4. Anderson Silva vs Roy Jones Jr.
    By The_Reverend in forum MMA
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
  5. Who can beat Anderson Silva?
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in