Anderson Silva vs. Brazilians

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Anderson Silva will not finish a Brazilian as a champion. If he fights Machida or Shogun unless Sho gun comes at him, I really dont think he will go for a KO. His whole respect thing for his country is cool and all but finish a fight. I am sure as a fighter Maia would rather get beaten by stoppage than look foolish. So glad I didnt buy it.

khakiman

Awards
is that his official reason for acting like a tool?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is that his official reason for acting like a tool?
No, apparently Anderson Silva felt disrespected when Demian Maia [paraphrasing] basically said he was going to submit Anderson. Something along the lines of if he's a spider I'm going to take one of his arms and that was enough to get Anderson riled up.

elscotto

elscotto

Awards
andersons arrogance is discusting.. i am no longer a fan!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
if you feel disrespected then why not knock the other dudes teeth out?!!?!? what a joke!! you go in there and knock forrest griffin (who is bigger w/ better standup than maia) in 20 seconds but you're gonna run away from a small jiujitsu middleweight???? what a loser, im starting to think his fights are fixed to be honest.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're going to fix a fight, they would at least make it entertaining and not look that piece of garbage.

BTW, I still think the Forrest/Silva fight is very, very suspect.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to fix a fight, they would at least make it entertaining and not look that piece of garbage.

BTW, I still think the Forrest/Silva fight is very, very suspect.
what the F happened on saturday??? what do you honestly think, youve seen your fair shair of mma fights?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what the F happened on saturday??? what do you honestly think, youve seen your fair shair of mma fights?
He feels like he's too good for this "level" of competition, yet has too much pride to relinquish the title. Honestly, it's absolutely disgusting and he would have been DQ'd in PRIDE.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The UFC brass needs to strip him and move him to 205, end of story.

185 imo would be better without him. Depending on where Vitor is in his recovery, have him fight Sonnen. Hell, move Franklin back down for another body

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he always beats white americans thats it. fools a racist!!!!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
hahaha did anyone see the interview with chael sonnen? he says that anderson speaks perfect english and he has had conversations with him. apparently anderson is that much of a prick that he wont even speak english in interviews or ufc

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha did anyone see the interview with chael sonnen? he says that anderson speaks perfect english and he has had conversations with him. apparently anderson is that much of a prick that he wont even speak english in interviews or ufc
I saw that about a month ago. He's stirring up some major **** with Anderson and I think it's hilarious. He has the wrestling to give Anderson fits, but IDK if he has enough to win. I'll definitely be cheering for him to end the streak.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I saw that about a month ago. He's stirring up some major **** with Anderson and I think it's hilarious. He has the wrestling to give Anderson fits, but IDK if he has enough to win. I'll definitely be cheering for him to end the streak.
yea im not sold on sonnen either but werent you impressed with how he manhandled Nate out of all people? he beat him in a very anderson-esque manner

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea im not sold on sonnen either but werent you impressed with how he manhandled Nate out of all people? he beat him in a very anderson-esque manner
He showed off his dominant wrestling and great cardio. Anderson's weakness is a power wrestler and he has much better GnP than Hendo as well. It'll be interesting to see how Andy reacts while on his back and getting tagged over and over.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
He showed off his dominant wrestling and great cardio. Anderson's weakness is a power wrestler and he has much better GnP than Hendo as well. It'll be interesting to see how Andy reacts while on his back and getting tagged over and over.
after all the taunting and yelling he did on saturday towards a quiet and humble Maia...i cant wait to see that

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
how bout hughes helping up renzo lol. that was a classy fight. like to see the respect for eachother it was nice. and another W for the old vet hughes is nice.

dude i was shocked sonnen beat nate. I like nate but then again he does train at jacksons camp.....haha anyways in sonnen beats silva that would be amazing. Silva needs to get his sonnen is doing a good job at talking **** that was really funny.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Silva really is a disappointment. He's apologized for the past 4 out of 5 fights! Disgusting...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Silva really is a disappointment. He's apologized for the past 4 out of 5 fights! Disgusting...
and he took back his apology in the backrooms right after UFC112. He said he had nothing to apologize for because he felt Demian disrespected him.

Anyone catch Andy's impersonation of Rickson Gracie during the fight?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i thought that was a Royce impression? I just watched a clip of him doing a bunch of fighter's impressions

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the Gracies had pretty much the same style back in the day. Hands down, chin up; sadly, that's still how Arona fights.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana just announced Chael to be Andy's next victim. Considering Chael probably has no chance fight-wise, perhaps he can talk enough trash to send Andy into an unfocused rage. Maybe Chael can beat a mentally distraught Andy.

P.S. Granted a strong wrestler is Andy's weak spot, Chael has to get close enough first.... Hendo should have been Andy's kryptonite and maybe he was and just executed a poor strategy, but I see Chael as a less talented version of Hendo. We'll see. I'll be rooting Chael for sure and I hope he runs his mouth like a Kenyan marathoner.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dana just announced Chael to be Andy's next victim. Considering Chael probably has no chance fight-wise, perhaps he can talk enough trash to send Andy into an unfocused rage. Maybe Chael can beat a mentally distraught Andy.

P.S. Granted a strong wrestler is Andy's weak spot, Chael has to get close enough first.... Hendo should have been Andy's kryptonite and maybe he was and just executed a poor strategy, but I see Chael as a less talented version of Hendo. We'll see. I'll be rooting Chael for sure and I hope he runs his mouth like a Kenyan marathoner.
The different style of wrestling should really help Chael (who also has much better GnP than Hendo).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The different style of wrestling should really help Chael (who also has much better GnP than Hendo).
Anything that gives Chael an edge is good news to me. I used to NOT like Chael for his ridiculous rantings and I was relatively neutral on Anderson, but in this fight, I'm Chael's biggest fan. Skeptical, but hopeful.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
do you guys think this was good for buisness or bad? Andersons point of view or dana's. silva would be so bored fighting in another promotion. he would fight a HW im sure.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you guys think this was good for buisness or bad? Andersons point of view or dana's. silva would be so bored fighting in another promotion. he would fight a HW im sure.
I don't know if I think its "bad" for business, but I think it'd be better for business if Silva was fighting a perceived challenge, such as someone reputable in the HW or some form of a super-fight. Chael is another run-in-the-mill fight where I'm sure the masses will give it a Dan Hardy/GSP type chances, where Chael is of course Hardy in this situation.

I think there will be more interest with the more dedicated fans, who are on the forums being amused by Chael's ability to talk trash and looking forward to some kind of reaction from Silva, but as far as the masses go, ergo the money, I don't think Chael and Andy is a real draw, in comparison to taking Frank Mir up on his calling out of Andy Silva.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
alright who are you picking mir or silva? silva would be at like 218-225(he holds a lot of water) for the fight. fir 263. speed vs size.