Two fights I want to see

1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Two fights I want to see

John Jones vs. Anderson Silva - probably won't happen cuz of weight
    NEW BJ Penn vs. GSP - I think it could actually be different now that BJ is serious.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.62%

cain vs. shane would be a great fight im sure we will see one day. bones jones vs. rampage would be awesome. is rampage even fighting these days? i'll throw in gsp vs. silva for the superfight but silva vs. jones would be sweet too.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.23%

Quote Originally Posted by khakiman View Post
    cain vs. shane would be a great fight im sure we will see one day. bones jones vs. rampage would be awesome. is rampage even fighting these days? i'll throw in gsp vs. silva for the superfight but silva vs. jones would be sweet too.
    Rampage is on hiatus because of his movie role in the Summer Blockbuster the A-Team.

I personally think the ultimate fight would be GSP vs Silva. It would be a showdown of what I believe to be the most skilled fighters. In the end Silva still wins in my mind though...the guy is just that damn good.

On another note...I would love to see a real hard hitting heavyweight showdown...Brock vs Fedor (most likely will never happen...Fedor ducked Brock IMO, but even so I still could not call the fight either way) or Brock vs Bobby Lashley (Brock would most likely win this one, but I still think it would be a fun fight to watch with both men being former wrestlers and both being incredibly strong and powerful). I want to see a heavyweight fight where there is no real advantage power/strength wise.

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    NEW BJ Penn vs. GSP - I think it could actually be different now that BJ is serious.
    BJPenn and GSP have already fought twice now. The second match was suppose to be when he was serious or wqhat ever you call it. really dont think it needs to be seen a 3rd time.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42%

Quote Originally Posted by khakiman View Post
    yea rampage will be fighting in ufc 114 RAMPAGE vs. EVANS

but on cain..man he has big time potential..hes not a trash talker..hes a smart relaxed fighter he will make it big..im a big fan lol
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by LegalGear View Post
    The weight difference, if any, is negligible. Andy has fought at LHW twice and Forrest is far from a small LHW.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

jon jones seems to have the hype right now and he deserves it, he's fought some good opponents now, i'd like to see him fight ryan bader
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    jon jones seems to have the hype right now and he deserves it, he's fought some good opponents now, i'd like to see him fight ryan bader
    It's bad business to have two young, talented prospects face each other at this point. Jones vs Thiago Silva makes a lot of sense, but Bader is an interesting challenge. I'd like to see him against either Couture or Franklin, but those 2 have fights tentatively scheduled.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

As an avid GSP fan, I have no interest in seeing BJ/GSP III, as the last defeat was so definitive there is no point. BJ was absolutely crushed, and Marv Marinovich or not, he will never be able to match GSP's athleticism even if they are equal in skill sets. GSP not only outwrestled BJ, but largely outstruck him on the feet as well. I want GSP challenged, and BJ is not it.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's bad business to have two young, talented prospects face each other at this point. Jones vs Thiago Silva makes a lot of sense, but Bader is an interesting challenge. I'd like to see him against either Couture or Franklin, but those 2 have fights tentatively scheduled.
    i agree, they wouldn't put the two young guys in at this time...but if they don't have a problem both of them are on a collision course eventually, also interested in seeing the winner of alves and fitch vs hardy...i'm in a thought that in the ufc the creme really rose to the top, bj penn, gsp, and anderson silva are all really good champions, machida might end up the same way....but the fight for the 2nd spot seems like the more intrigueing fights these days rather than the title fights because of this
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%

i agree, they wouldn't put the two young guys in at this time...but if they don't have a problem both of them are on a collision course eventually, also interested in seeing the winner of alves and fitch vs hardy...i'm in a thought that in the ufc the creme really rose to the crop, bj penn, gsp, and anderson silva are all really good champions, machida might end up the same way....but the fight for the 2nd spot seems like the more intrigueing fights these days rather than the title fights because of this
    Alves and Fitch is for the next title shot.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.46%

Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    Rampage is on hiatus because of his movie role in the Summer Blockbuster the A-Team.

I personally think the ultimate fight would be GSP vs Silva. It would be a showdown of what I believe to be the most skilled fighters. In the end Silva still wins in my mind though...the guy is just that damn good.

On another note...I would love to see a real hard hitting heavyweight showdown...Brock vs Fedor (most likely will never happen...Fedor ducked Brock IMO, but even so I still could not call the fight either way) or Brock vs Bobby Lashley (Brock would most likely win this one, but I still think it would be a fun fight to watch with both men being former wrestlers and both being incredibly strong and powerful). I want to see a heavyweight fight where there is no real advantage power/strength wise.

Cheers!
    Silva vs. GSP = ONE SICK FIGHT but I still think Silva would win too. He's scary good.

I'm pretty sure Fedor is scared of Brock. Brock will fight anyone and Dana White would make this happen if he could. So my guess is Fedor is the only one keeping this from happening.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Silva vs. GSP = ONE SICK FIGHT but I still think Silva would win too. He's scary good.

I'm pretty sure Fedor is scared of Brock. Brock will fight anyone and Dana White would make this happen if he could. So my guess is Fedor is the only one keeping this from happening.
    M-1 Global and DW's relationship keep it from happening. DW is very, very disrespectful to many people and he doesn't understand the cultural differences between the US and Russia.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.67%

White is just a prick. If it were not for him we'd probably see Lesnar vs Fedor fight. As far as Fedor being scared, I think not. He always appear so calm and focused in every fight, to him it would just be another fight. IMO
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%

why is always fedor scared to sign to ufc...why can't brock or atleast ufc let him fight fedor on another promotion, i know i know it's all money and ufc couldn't let that happen, but the same way fedor can sign with ufc, brock can leave ufc and fight for another promotion....this fight will never happen unless everyone can their hand in the cookie jar promotion wise
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%

why is always fedor scared to sign to ufc...why can't brock or atleast ufc let him fight fedor on another promotion, i know i know it's all money and ufc couldn't let that happen, but the same way fedor can sign with ufc, brock can leave ufc and fight for another promotion....this fight will never happen unless everyone can their hand in the cookie jar promotion wise
    The champion clause prohibits any champion from fighting in another organization.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.64%

Brock doesn't deserve a shot at Fedor, he is so overrated. He didn't deserve a title shot and his best win was against and overrated Mir. If Mir wasn't being hyped by the UFC he wouldn't be considered top 10. That being said I want to see Fedor vs Brock just so people can watch Fedor put on a clinic. Secondly I want to see Machida vs Anderson Silva.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Troy1982 View Post
    Brock doesn't deserve a shot at Fedor, he is so overrated. He didn't deserve a title shot and his best win was against and overrated Mir. If Mir wasn't being hyped by the UFC he wouldn't be considered top 10. That being said I want to see Fedor vs Brock just so people can watch Fedor put on a clinic. Secondly I want to see Machida vs Anderson Silva.
    Machida vs. silva would be epic.

For what it's worth look up mirko crocop vs fedor and then look what happened to crocop after coming to UFC.

Brock is a freak, albeit not my favorite person but a fighting freak nontheless. It would be a good fight and I still think IF Fedor can't submit him somehow, Brock will break his face (I love watching those big guys duke it out).
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%

For what it's worth look up mirko crocop vs fedor and then look what happened to crocop after coming to UFC.

Brock is a freak, albeit not my favorite person but a fighting freak nontheless. It would be a good fight and I still think IF Fedor can't submit him somehow, Brock will break his face (I love watching those big guys duke it out).
    This CC that we see is a mere shadow of the great CC that was in PRIDE. Also, MMAmath does not work.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67%

Anderson Silva vs. Brock Lesnar!!!
    Hahaha
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.64%

Yeah but that was prime Crocop, he even said he isn't into it mentally anymore. Not to mention he was considered at the time the best stand up heavyweight and Fedor wanted to beat him at his own game. There is no doubt in my mind that Fedor could have took him to the ground and submitted him instead of going to decision.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.34%

For anyone who watches WEC jose aldo vs. urijah faber is gonna be sick
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.82%

Fedor not fighting Brock is only the result of hard-headed managment on both sides; not anyone being scared.

Sadly, if this never happens(Fedor fighting the best, not just Brock), history will remember this as a series of events that unfolded only appease the ego's of a few very wealthy people and will be a huge loss to all of us fans and to the sport of mma. It will never go down that Fedor ducked anyone.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.67%

I think Penn vs GSP III would be good, BJ looks amazing these days, I know the down side, but I think it could be different with this new BJ.

That being said, Silva/GSP is a good one obviously, but I don't see it happening.
  25. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The absolute only way I could drum up any interest in Penn/GSP III is if BJ challenged and beat two or more top contenders. BJ has been given a long leash at 170, and with three straight losses at WW, there is nothing whatsoever to suggest he deserves that fight. And saying he has better conditioning at 155 is obvious: he is 15lbs lighter, on a frame that belongs naturally in the LW class. He is conditioned at 155 precisely because he is at 155, not in spite of that fact. As I said, Marv Marinovich or not, I doubt BJ's capacities to put on enough healthy, athletic mass to compete with GSP in any substantial way, particularly considering GSP is both a better wrestler and striker.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.5%

I am praying for Anderson Silva v Llyota Machida, but I highly doubt that this will happen because they are friends....
  27. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.67%

Machida looked bad in that last outing, I am wondering about him now...
  28. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.97%

I think gsp has a more than a good chance against silva. He is getting so finely tunned at what he does more so than anybody imo. Anderson is incredible so is gsp that would be by far the ufc's biggest fight. Id bet they make it happen.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%

Anyone that was surprised by Shogun's performance against Machida has a very short memory or never saw him in PRIDE, particularly his '05 GP performance where he beat 4 top-10 LHWs. His thrashing of Rampage is one of the worst beatings I've ever seen.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%

yeah shogun vs rampage bad news, i also have the dvd of shogun thrashing overeem and if i remember correctly fights heavyweight now (steroid use) that was when he was normal size....i don't think it has ever happened and both are in the twilights of their career, i know wandy dropped a weight class for his last few fights, but what about couture vs wandy
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.57%

yeah shogun vs rampage bad news, i also have the dvd of shogun thrashing overeem and if i remember correctly fights heavyweight now (steroid use) that was when he was normal size....i don't think it has ever happened and both are in the twilights of their career, i know wandy dropped a weight class for his last few fights, but what about couture vs wandy
    Back when Couture had his first run at LHW, there was a rumor of them 3 fighting, but it never happened.

Overeem should have always been a HW; his frame is just too big to be a LHW and he was always depleted at 205 (his conditioning has gotten immensely better at HW). His brother, who has a W against Couture BTW, is also a big dude. Has he juiced? Probably, but saying he needed it to be a HW is absurd. Being 6'5", he was reported to walk around close to 240 when he fought at LHW. Some people handle a weight cut well and others don't.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Back when Couture had his first run at LHW, there was a rumor of them 3 fighting, but it never happened.

Overeem should have always been a HW; his frame is just too big to be a LHW and he was always depleted at 205 (his conditioning has gotten immensely better at HW). His brother, who has a W against Couture BTW, is also a big dude. Has he juiced? Probably, but saying he needed it to be a HW is absurd. Being 6'5", he was reported to walk around close to 240 when he fought at LHW. Some people handle a weight cut well and others don't.
    i know i re-read what i posted, i didn't mean it like he needed the roids to be at HW...he is a big guy...someone photo shopped pictures of him from back in the day all the way to recently, its a huge difference, it probably is better for someone that tall to fight at hw unless they are really lanky
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.66%

sick nggs
  34. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.67%

Man Silva looked like an ass...
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.76%

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wRvn16_RM4...m-Timeline.jpg

check out the timeline of his transformation
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wRvn16_RM4...m-Timeline.jpg

check out the timeline of his transformation
    Another testament to Muscletech supps
    NSCA - CSCS
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.66%

GSP v Anderson silva.

Dana said it wouldnt happen now because of the stunt silva pulled on his last title fight... bummer
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.76%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Another testament to Muscletech supps
    lol u think its the sugar bloat from celltech?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Top 5 fights that you've seen
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 06:02 PM
  2. Hockey Fights DVD
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:46 PM
  3. Best fantasy fights - Who would win?
    By Big Matt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40