RUMOR - Vitor Belfort Injured. Out of UFC 112.

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

RUMOR - Vitor Belfort Injured. Out of UFC 112.

One of the most expected fights of 2010 will not happen anymore. The title fight between Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort, set to UFC 112 main event, will possibly be cancelled, as TATAME.com learned from close sources that the challenger is injured and won’t be able to recover in time.

Jayme Sandall, Karate trained of the challenger, revealed to TATAME.com that Belfort had a shoulder injury, but he doesn’t know how bad it is. "He was training but not using the arm for a long time because of the injury, he said he’d stop for a while. He said he’d have it scanned to know how bad it is, but I don’t talk with him for 15 days and I don’t know about the results", said.
    Vitor Belfort Injured And UFC 112 Bout With Anderson Silva InJeopardy? - MMA For Real
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Kevin Iole confirmed:

http://twitter.com/kevini

@allelbows Injured shoulder, but not sure of more details. 10 minutes ago from web in reply to allelbows

@plunkett33 Very little I would think because of the cut. It's two months to the fight (a little less, actually) and he has to let it heal. 11 minutes ago from web in reply to plunkett33

@elusive_htg No, he's in a meeting. He confirmed via text Belfort is out. We're going to talk later. 11 minutes ago from web in reply to elusive_htg

@DaveFarra I don't know if Chael can make it. That cut will take a long time to heal and it's only two months to 112 now.

@DanPirozzi Yep, it's true. He's out 25 minutes ago from web in reply to DanPirozzi

Vitor Belfort is injured (shoulder) and off #UFC 112 title fight with Anderson Silva. Confirmed by @danawhite More details to come.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.29%

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe they'll throw Sonnen in
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

Quote Originally Posted by andro69 View Post
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe they'll throw Sonnen in
    I hope so, but unofficially....

@DaveFarra I don't know if Chael can make it. That cut will take a long time to heal and it's only two months to 112 now.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.29%

Oh well. The only person that had a chance is in Strikeforce now. Maybe they'll give Marquart the shot afterall.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

Quote Originally Posted by andro69 View Post
    Maybe they'll give Marquart the shot afterall.
    I certainly hope not.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

The Ultimate Fighting Championship’s plans for a spectacular debut in the Middle East took a hit on Thursday when an injured shoulder forced Vitor Belfort to withdraw from his middleweight title fight with champion Anderson Silva at UFC 112 on April 10 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the news in a text message to Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. White said Silva would remain on the card, but did not say who he would fight or whether it would be a championship fight.

The Brazilian website, Tatame first reported the news. It quoted Jayme Sandall, one of Belfort’s coaches, as saying “He was training but not using the arm for a long time because of the injury.”

White was in a meeting Thursday afternoon and could not be reached for comment or additional details.

A lightweight championship fight between B.J. Penn and top contender Frankie Edgar is still on the card.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Nate Mar will def not get the shot. I am wondering if they will throw anderson in LHW. maybe against like vera
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

This is really bad news considering the MW title hasn't been defended for almost a year. There really isn't a qualified contender to take Vitor's spot (Sonnen has a 30 day, no-contact suspension). LHW is a possibility, but IDK against who.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%

I say scrap the Randy/Franklin fight and put Randy in at 205. If thats a no go, what about Thiago Silva?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I say scrap the Randy/Franklin fight and put Randy in at 205. If thats a no go, what about Thiago Silva?
    Randy has such an X-factor chance of winning against anyone, when it's skill-set vs skill-set; Brock was just too big & strong. I'd love to see Randy go at it.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

Vitor responds

“I’ve already had the surgery on my left shoulder,” Belfort said. “Actually Lorenzo (Fertitta) was aware that I was feeling really bad pain in my shoulder for a long time. I’ve already had three injections since I was scheduled to fight Fedor, but lately the pain got really unbearable and my doctor decided to take an (MRI) and it showed chronic injury that was getting worse. My doctor, Michel Simoni, said that if I did not stop and do the surgery immediately, I was running serious risk of my shoulder going out of place. Also I was already losing the power of my left arm. How could I fight (without) my strongest hand?”
    “I’m feeling good, and according to the doctor, in four months I can start returning to training little by little. Now I have a long journey of work with physical therapy every day. I think before the end of the year, I’ll be back in the Octagon. No matter if it’s fighting for the belt or not, I’ll be back 100 percent.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.23%

White did say that it will be a 185lbs fight for the title. Who could it be? Akiyama is not ready, Sonnen wont be ready. Who else is possible?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    White did say that it will be a 185lbs fight for the title. Who could it be? Akiyama is not ready, Sonnen wont be ready. Who else is possible?
    In a psychotically, unrealistically hopeful way, with the new break-off of Gegard from M-1 Global......

I'm wondering myself. It better not be Akiyama and I think Sonnen's peoples have already [unofficially] insinuated that it'd be too soon for Chael. Who knows????
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  233 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67%

maybe a 205er will drop down.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Maia is in for Vitor. I don't see that lasting very long unless he obtains some Olympic-caliber wrestling in the next few months.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Maia is in for Vitor. I don't see that lasting very long unless he obtains some Olympic-caliber wrestling in the next few months.
    This can't be for real
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.68%

Sucks for Vitor, this injury will be hard to bounce back from. 4 months to start training again? It's gonna be one long time before he steps into the ring again it seems.

Funny though to see that I had the same doctor/surgeon as him. Dude does a pretty good job.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anderson Silva Vs Vitor Belfort
    By TipTopShape in forum MMA
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 12:52 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
  4. Thoughts on Vitor Belforts Comeback
    By Swaggerstick in forum MMA
    Replies: 13