mma training + beta alanine = awesomeeee!!!@#$%

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

mma training + beta alanine = awesomeeee!!!@#$%

So ive been taking Nutras beta alanine powder 6.4 grams for a week now. It felt really good to lift on thursday but I wanted to test it out for mma. Last night I went to muay thai first, it was as grueling as ever.. probably threw over 500 knees and tons of other stuff. I wasnt getting tired at all during the workout. I could feel the lactic acid building up but then immediately after the activity I could tell that muscles were becoming less and less acidic. I was sweating like a horse but felt just as good as I did starting the training. I couldnt believe I was keeping up with all the 2x day training guys.
    So then I drank some dex/malt while the jiujitsu class was warming up. Ended up rolling for at least 30 minutes. Same effect: lactic acid would build up very slowly and almost "reset" in between rolls. And this is only the 1st week!!! I read that you dont even reach full saturation until week 3 or 4.

Bottom line, if you are training mma/martial arts/endurance sports then you need to get on this. I love the tingles too, what a cool little amino acid. (insert a diego sanchez "YESSS!!!")

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

are you taking all 6.4 grams at one time?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Wudog View Post
    are you taking all 6.4 grams at one time?
    first i started doing 1.6 four times a day, which is how much fits in each scoop. the tingles were very light and non existant if you take it after eating carbs. yesterday and today Ive been taking 2 scoops so 3.2 grams at once. maybe a little more tingle than usual but I like it so Id be down to take even more LOL. I really cant believe how effective this is. I dont understand why not all pro athletes use it.
    •   

4. New Member
    Answers

what is this tingleing u speak of?? im looking for a suplement to help me train harder!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elscotto View Post
    what is this tingleing u speak of?? im looking for a suplement to help me train harder!
    tingling is something that occurs when you take beta alanine for some people. nothing serious just a slight sensation, I like it actually. If you wanna train harder then definitely get this. Ive been able to do so many more sets and I went through my mma training without getting tired. Im feeling so pumped right now and its all because of that, 3.2 g this morning. about to eat again and take 3.2 more, taking with carbohydrates makes it much more effective. Remember when you first took creatine, the added muscle endurance it gave you? Well this is similar and I actually felt muscles becoming less acidic. Ive been combining BA and creatine and its been non stop awesomeness
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I use bulk beta-alanine....I can't take the tingles if I do more then like 4grams. It actually makes me not be able to concentrate on my workout. I try and take in 2-3grams at a time so the tingles aren't that bad.
  7. New Member
    Answers

ic ic so if i get it do i take like 3 grams 3 times a day with carbs??
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by elscotto View Post
    ic ic so if i get it do i take like 3 grams 3 times a day with carbs??
    3 grams twice a day. if you buy it from this website, it comes with a little spoon thats 1.6grams.
  9. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    3 grams twice a day. if you buy it from this website, it comes with a little spoon thats 1.6grams.
    choice! i think ill give it a try man!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

That sounds great, I have great stamina and energy while training muay thai and while rolling but more energy and explosiveness could never hurt. I'll look into it more.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPulse View Post
    That sounds great, I have great stamina and energy while training muay thai and while rolling but more energy and explosiveness could never hurt. I'll look into it more.
    oh yeah it feels like using premium gas after all those years of using regular hahah
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    oh yeah it feels like using premium gas after all those years of using regular hahah
    Recommended site to buy from and brand?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Recommended site to buy from and brand?
    This website is a good source to get it. Go to the Store/Nutraplanet tab. Nutraplanet makes their own powder version, very cheap and potent. I got the 100g can and its lasting me quite a while.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I used M.S. Carnage and anytime I'd over dose its more than just a tingle, its like bathing in tabasco.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    I used M.S. Carnage and anytime I'd over dose its more than just a tingle, its like bathing in tabasco.
    I keep hearing this from people but I guess im a little different. Im starting to crave the tingling when Im not taking BA. I feel like those PWO potions have wayy too many ingredients that could potentially make you feel $hitty.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Some do. i can't take the ones that have histidine in them. Carnage has a couple extra things but mostly Beta Al. Good product, I just gotta split my doses up. Essentials was a great supplement for it too. Saves you money on having to buy bcaa's, creatine and multi.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

I take Jack3d as a pre-sup and people describe some kind of tingles and I've never had them but I am curious as to know what these tingles feel like.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I take Jack3d as a pre-sup and people describe some kind of tingles and I've never had them but I am curious as to know what these tingles feel like.
    some people dont get them, doesnt make any difference just depends on the person. its still just as effective.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

afterawhile its dissapointing when the tingles go away. i stopped using it for a month and then now i take the whole 6 grams prewo. dont need a stim when i do cause the tingles get me psyched
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah I am going to order when I get paid on this upcoming check and probably going to get some more Jack3d as well. running low.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

so far it feels like beta alanine helps most with endurance work, similar to how creatine affects the energy sources that you have for lifting heavy weight. ive noticed during aerobic exercise the lactic acid burn is way more prolonged, but also with an exercise like squats ive been able to do more b/c of decreased fatigue.
  22. New Member
    Answers

dont take more then 0.5 grams at once if you can take 0.5-0.6 grams 6 times a week
    you cannot take in so much

also im also using beta alanine and its great for taekwondo
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by darkvard View Post
    dont take more then 0.5 grams at once if you can take 0.5-0.6 grams 6 times a week
    you cannot take in so much

also im also using beta alanine and its great for taekwondo
    wait what do you mean? all the beta alanine studies have used 6.4 grams initially and 3.2 grams after a month loading period. have u seen a study using only half a gram? id love to see more studies, ive looked through everything there is onthe internet
  24. New Member
    Answers

there was a debate over this a long time ago i think you should be able to find some studies with dosages split over 8 times.
    also notice alot are coming with time release such as ultima.
    p.s some studies indicate the more you take at once the more you piss out again you should be able to google it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beta-Alanine and the big D
    By TheLastRonin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM
  2. Alanine vs Beta-Alanine
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 08:07 PM
  3. best beta alanine?
    By GetDatFool in forum Supplements