UFC is such a sell out organization

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You know, I used to respect the UFC because they would give the fans something great when on a PPV. ALL of the under cards were represented and all the fights were shown. NOW they must not be making enough money with two PPV fights a month, since they can't even pop for the airtime to show the full card. ****ing sad...

I still respect Dana White for what he's done for the sport and I think he is brilliant, I am just totally disgusted at how they would short change the fans to save a few bucks.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Love them or not, they do a hell of a job putting together fights that the fans want to see. Not like fat fedor who fights for the highest bidder worthy or not.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, that's true. I love them, just bitter...lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The UFC hasn't shown all of the fights in years. Pride always did, however.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know but UFC 100 was really bad, it really pissed me off.

SamuraiSid

Awards
You know, I used to respect the UFC because they would give the fans something great when on a PPV. ALL of the under cards were represented and all the fights were shown. NOW they must not be making enough money with two PPV fights a month, since they can't even pop for the airtime to show the full card. ****ing sad...

I still respect Dana White for what he's done for the sport and I think he is brilliant, I am just totally disgusted at how they would short change the fans to save a few bucks.

Personally I dont think half the fights the UFC puts on are worth watching.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The UFC hasn't shown all of the fights in years. Pride always did, however.
Speaking of which, Pride Nog showed up in his fight against Couture. I was rather thoroughly convinced that Big Nog was on a downhill slide, indefinitely, but wow, he was admirable.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speaking of which, Pride Nog showed up in his fight against Couture. I was rather thoroughly convinced that Big Nog was on a downhill slide, indefinitely, but wow, he was admirable.
He looked about the same as he did in '06. That being said, I really don't see him being able to handle Lesnar except for catching him with a sub out of nowhere. However, I never count out Nogueira in a fight unless it's against Fedor.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He did look good. When I saw the Muir fight I was really wondering why everyone was on Nog's jock.

The cards the UFC are putting up are pretty lackluster...sadly boxing has NOTHING so it is really no longer even an option.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually complain about the number of fights the UFC shows during PPV but I think this was the most they have shown in a while. Mostly due to the fact of 7 sec, 21 sec, and 90 sec knockouts.
That dude Todd Duffee was jacked looking. I know it doesn't count for much when it comes to MMA but u have to admit he was jacked.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, just because of all of the quick knockouts, not to help us fans...

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i mean you want it to be fake like the wwe and get to watch it 2 hours guranteed? Now they do have less amounts of fights shown but when you have 2 huge fights a card thats what your trying to sell.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
UFC 101 was really bad, but most of the PPVs this year have been very good (97 was a lackluster card as well). It's a double-edged sword really. They used to have a PPV every 8-10 weeks with 7-9 fights on them. They now have an event with a similar number of fights ~2.5 weeks.

I thought that UFC 100 was a damn good card; a little ill-timed, but still a very good card.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ufc is falling as fast as it rose, there hasn't been a decent ufc card since the end of last year, i stopped watching all together, the fights they are putting out are straight garbage, i know people will hate on me for saying it but theres a lot of new nut huggers running around but these cards are simply terrible

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
ufc is falling as fast as it rose, there hasn't been a decent ufc card since the end of last year, i stopped watching all together, the fights they are putting out are straight garbage, i know people will hate on me for saying it but theres a lot of new nut huggers running around but these cards are simply terrible
Why don't you front up with some match ups you want to see that haven't been put on seeing as you're such an expert then big guy?

Personally I think there has been some absolutely sensational fights in the last 12-18 months - look at the Sanchez Guida fight on a free card - that has my vote for fight of the year and anyone who tells me that wasn't a sensational fight is either high, a troll or straight up talking out of their ass.

The only big disappointments for me have been the Sylva main events up until he fought Griffin. That said they were fights which had to happen, they just didn't live up to the billing by a long way and much of that has to do with the talent differential between Sylva and the rest of the MW division.

I love the way people bag out the UFC at the drop of a hat but won't actually cough up what fights they would like to see that haven't happened, and lets face it, 99 times out of 100 when you push, they give it the "Lesnar vs. Fedor" horse-****.

Bag out the UFC if you like, but actually have an opinion and be specific about fights you want to see.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Let's not forget - we are talking about a real sport here, this isn't sports entertainment like WWE! So to blame the UFC if fights are not what you hoped they'd be like, that's a little unfair.

Talentwise, the UFC is stacked!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Falling to what?? Higher profits and PPV buys?? There is absolutely no logic in this statement. Some cards are better than others and that's always part of the mystery of a fight; they don't always go as planned.

Also, the US mentality towards MMA still is rooted in boxing (e.g. protecting their record).

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
hee hee! 138lbs. I got rid of that weight this morning when i went for a dump!:dump:

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Let's not forget - we are talking about a real sport here, this isn't sports entertainment like WWE! So to blame the UFC if fights are not what you hoped they'd be like, that's a little unfair.

Talentwise, the UFC is stacked!
Great point. What can you do about a 6x3 Browns x Bills game either? Absolutely nothing. It's a sport, sometimes a game sucks, sometimes they don't match that well. Sometimes they are an awesome shootout.

Same with MMA. Sometimes we have a Griffin x Bonnar battle. Sometimes we have Silva x Maia. Nothing we can do about it.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I do think the cards are getting pretty lame... I do retract my statement since they are showing the pre-fights on SPIKE. Very shrewd by Dana White. He is a shark!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do think the cards are getting pretty lame... I do retract my statement since they are showing the pre-fights on SPIKE. Very shrewd by Dana White. He is a shark!
Some of the match ups have made me wonder but most of the time there r good fights.

And I really like how they have the pre-lims on Spike.

unijacked

Awards
Whats good guys? Hey listen would it be cool if i was to run threw my cycle with yall and get an idea of what yall think? This my first cycle an i just started today? Im doing 1 shot a wk, 1ml of each all threw 1 shot..
Tri- Trenbolona150
Uni- Supertest 400
OPTIMUS- Nandrolone 300

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
Whats good guys? Hey listen would it be cool if i was to run threw my cycle with yall and get an idea of what yall think? This my first cycle an i just started today? Im doing 1 shot a wk, 1ml of each all threw 1 shot..
Tri- Trenbolona150
Uni- Supertest 400
OPTIMUS- Nandrolone 300
the 2nd word is off!

gear advice in the mma section?

Attachments

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
Tri- Trenbolona150
Uni- Supertest 400
OPTIMUS- Nandrolone 300

I would say you are on the right path. Keep it up and you will be able to fight like I do. I have an 11-3 record.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Aleksandar37 MMA 8
bighulksmash MMA 7