Anderson Silva to Heavy Weight?!?!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva sets sights on*heavyweights - Josh Gross - SI.com

Anderson Silva wants big-money event fights. And he's willing to work at heavyweight to make sure they happen.

Prior to Silva's flooring Forrest Griffin earlier this month in Philadelphia, SI.com confirmed that Silva's representatives had spoken with Zuffa about the heralded UFC middleweight champion moving up to heavyweight for the first time in his career.

Not only that, they already had an opponent in mind: Frank Mir.

Disinterested by middleweight contenders Nathan Marquardt, Demian Maia and Dan Henderson, and unwilling to fight close friend Lyoto Machida at light heavyweight -- where Silva could conceivably knock off challengers and make a disaster out of the UFC's marquee division -- "The Spider" needs new, challenging scenarios to stay motivated. A move to heavyweight would certainly achieve that, and according to Silva's manager Ed Soares, the UFC was receptive to the idea.

Based on longevity and dominance, the label of MMA's best fighter has arguably belonged to Russian heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko for the past few years. However, the gap between Emelianenko and Silva has closed to a photo finish. And if the UFC can be convinced tha a move to heavyweight is the right plan as 185 sorts itself out, Silva could set himself up to supplant Emelianenko as the sport's best.

It would indeed be impressive for a former world champion at 167 pounds to climb all the way to heavyweight. If he gets his way and beats Mir, that would set up blockbusters against Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, or, dare we say it, Brock Lesnar, a fight Silva would accept if the money is right.

Beyond legacy issues, which media and fans tend to focus on more than fighters, the move up could drastically improve Silva's paydays, which would increase with the size of his opponents and corresponding pay-per-view numbers.

For all those reasons, I like the move.

Sure, the organization's middleweight division features several threats. But outside of Maia, we've already seen Silva brush most challengers aside. Silva's team argues that Henderson, Marquardt and Maia aren't deserving. They want the Marquardt-Maia winner to fight Henderson to establish a true contender in the division. I don't think it's a terrible idea. There shouldn't be any disagreement that Marquardt or Maia against Henderson would be a perfect bout to use the Nevada option of five-round non-title fights (more on that to come).

Otherwise, the one challenger rarely mentioned these days is Yushin Okami, whom Silva should fight before he leaves the division for good. Outside of that, you're talking about Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva, both great names and potential draws who are just emerging at 185.

The best bouts might come at light heavyweight -- Silva vs. Rampage; Rashad; Shogun; and down the road, Jon Jones or Gegard Mousasi -- but with Silva and Machida refusing to fight, an extended stay at 205 doesn't make sense. By the sound of things, the talented Brazilians won't compete no matter how much pressure comes down from Dana White and the UFC.

"I'm gonna say there's no way they fight," said Soares, who also manages Machida.

What does that leave? Heavyweight.

Who wouldn't want to see whether Silva at his walk-around 215 to 220 pounds is good enough to defeat opponents regardless of weight? Pound for pound personified, I say. A win or two in the division would embolden fans and media with enough hope that Silva could be the one to stop Lesnar.

The pound-for-pound king an underdog? Imagine that.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0OkrNRuSQ
:paranoid:

Doogsy123

Doogsy123

Awards
  • Established
Can he really put on the required weight? Thats another 40 lbs :surprised:

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
I saw this earlier and it's def interesting. This all changes if Machida gets beat though. I doubt he will anytime soon, however.

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
This would def be interesting . I believe that Silva's head movement/overall speed and punching power/presision would be enough to overcome some heavyweights that would attempt to stand and bang with him(Kongo maybe?) . However if he did not put on enough weight and learn to move effectively with it , he would quickly be taken down and overwhelmed by a bigger guy with decent wrestling/BJJ . I'm thinking Velasquez would grind him to dust . If he does move up , give him Pat Barry or maybe HH to start . This would be a good indicator of how things could go .
Just my 2 pennies .

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If he can come in around 220 I could see him beating alot of the smaller heavyweights. Supposedly he wants a shot at Mir, and to be honest I can see him KO'ing him as Mir's chin is quite suspect

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Believe Mir could be dangerous for Sylva with his talent on the ground vs. Sylva - it's the only place he's looked suspect in his career in the UFC.

That said for Mir to get Sylva to the ground is no simple proposition. Mir's striking has come along somewhat since his accident as shown in his fight with Nog, but I would still rate Sylva's striking as light-years ahead of Mir's. Mir isn't the best take-down artist either and tends to score many of his takedowns from the clinch - somewhere that Sylva is also very dangerous.

Sylva wouldn't have to put anymore weight on to fight Mir IMHO. He has enough dynamite in both hands to take out Mir fighting at the same size he fought Griffin at.

Personally I'd prefer to see Sylva stay in the light heavyweight division, I believe it's more interesting to watch. If he loses at heavyweight it gives him too many excuses to make and to be fair there isn't anywhere near the depth of talent in the HW division as there is at LHW. I think Shogun vs. Sylva would be a great fight now that Shogun has recovered from his conditioning/ ring rust issues.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Wow I'm very surprised at this. I had a sneaking suspicion that there was gonna be some rearranging with Lyoto and Anderson but my prediction was that Lyoto would move up since he's fought BJ P. at 220. Only a suspicion but seems less drastic than Anderson going up there. Whatever the case I'm excited and seems pointless for Anderson to stay at 185 bottom line.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This makes no sense to me if Silva reason is to get big event fights. You cant get any bigger than Silva vs GSP right now. Im not saying if he fought lesnar I wouldnt waqtch it, but seems odd that hedoes try for GSP.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
you have to be above 205 which is very very easy for him. he would most likley be around 225-228. its easy thats what half of the LHWs are already.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
This makes no sense to me if Silva reason is to get big event fights. You cant get any bigger than Silva vs GSP right now. Im not saying if he fought lesnar I wouldnt waqtch it, but seems odd that hedoes try for GSP.
Well that means he would have to drop weight to fight GSP. He just fought at 205, and now you want him to drop to 170?? You probably couldnt ask GSP to move up to 185, even though he already is 185 naturally. I dont think UFC had planned to move GSP to 185. This would make 1 great fight but it makes much more sense to move Anderson up to 205 and HW, where there could be many challenging fights. Besides, with Anderson's insane reach and a big weight advantage + great grappling skills, I dont see GSP winning this one. Maybe if cardio and looking jacked was a scoring criteria now were talking

*correction, they would obviously meet at 185 so no huge weight cut. this would still provide only 1 good fight, and from what Ive been hearing Anderson is eating McD and all sorts of $hit putting on some weight. I think he is eying up **** chestnar

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
McD's doesn't surprise me. He looked soft in the guttywhats.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
If he beat Lesnar that would be impressive.

Believe with the size/weight difference that fight could go either way. I wouldn't see it going longer than 1 round regardless. Either Brock would get body-on-body with Sylva followed by some brutal ground and pound and a KO/TKO or Sylva would knock Lesnar out standing.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I think Anderson can get him with a good knee when Brock shoots -> lights out

some muay thai guys have really good timing against wrestlers, I forget which Sean sherk fight it was but he got tagged like 3 times right in the dome going for the takedown. I also think that if Brock takes Silva down, Anderson has a much better guard than Mir and alot quicker subs.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established

some muay thai guys have really good timing against wrestlers, I forget which Sean sherk fight it was but he got tagged like 3 times right in the dome going for the takedown. I also think that if Brock takes Silva down, Anderson has a much better guard than Mir and alot quicker subs.
Sylva a better submission artist than Mir? You're kidding right?

2 wins by submission in 25 (1x rear naked choke & 1x triangle) and 2 losses out of 4 by submission for Sylva suggests otherwise. Sylva is not a submission artist or especially dangerous on his back by any stretch - you only need to remember how Henderson was all over him in Round 1 of their fight once he got on top of Sylva. Mir on the other hand would arguably be the best HW submission fighter ever in the UFC. Something else you have to consider is that carrying the extra poundage will slow Sylvia up a little too.

I seriously doubt you'd find that Brock wouldn't shoot for Sylva, his quick striking and dangerous knees would make this a fools errand. I believe (If the fight ever happens) he'll aim to keep his chin tucked, keep his hands up, go body on body and push him up against the cage and then go for the slam/throw/trip to take it to the mat. Anderson would have to use his feet (Meaning both movement & kicks) to keep away from Lesnar and slow him up, creating opportunities for him to let his hands fly - assuming a back-peddling crab punch isn't enough to drop Lesnar like it was Griffin.

Sylva's clinch game would only be dangerous with some distance to work with in the clinch as otherwise the bulk of Lesnar would neutralise much of the power of his knees. If anything he'd probably be better off throwing elbows.

Standing I give it to Sylva, on the mat from his back it'll be all Lesnar.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

stop it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl8wTgpQtqs&feature=related"]YouTube - Family Guy Passion of the Christ[/ame]

Brock doesn't shoot that low, a la GSP. He does more of a downward scoop, as oppose to shooting in at knee level. He shoots with his head near your waste down near and if he has you, he either bolds you over or drops down for a scoop TD. Silva would need to do a Guile razor kick (street fighter 2) to land that knee.

Anderson struggled with HENDO ON TOP!!!! If Lesnar, who might literally be twice as strong & powerful as Hendo, almost twice as heavy, with better wrestling, better ground scrambling, and ground control light years beyond Hendo by the sheer compounding of every aforementioned point. If Lesnar got on top of Silva, he'd be done. Maybe Silva could keep Lesnar from erecting his torso in a dangerous manner, but all Lesnar needs is one free tentacle to sway around to ground some meat.

I agree Lesnar might have trouble catching Silva, but unlike anyone Silva has faced, Brock doesn't need to execute the perfect TD to catch Silva (who has a weak TDD anyway), if Lesnar simply grabs any part of Silva, like a wrist, he could bring it down by sheer force, no text book GSP shoot in required.

Observational Note: GSP shoots like an MMA fighter, in that he executes leg TD's from a good distance (and is fast enough to do so). I notice a lot of MMA fighters who are BJJ artists REEEAAALLY taking a dive to attempt TD's.

Collegiate wrestlers shoot from a distance where one hand is behind your head or within touching distance of the opponent. Brock so far has maintained this technical habit and doesn't shoot from far off. “Elite” wrestlers tend to refrain from hail marry shoots, it's usually BJJ guys or run-of-the-mill wrestlers that swan dive into a TD.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Some people forget that getting Anderson's weight up to 225 is one thing, but getting up to 225 and getting your strength up as well takes a lot longer. Sure, he can put on some weight and fight in HW, but to think that he can wrestle with Brock with the amount of muscle AS has now.....not gonna happen. It would have to be a longer process with a gradual weight increase (I think) to ensure he gets his strength up as well.

You think strength doesn't matter??? Ask Frank Mir..

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some people forget that getting Anderson's weight up to 225 is one thing, but getting up to 225 and getting your strength up as well takes a lot longer. Sure, he can put on some weight and fight in HW, but to think that he can wrestle with Brock with the amount of muscle AS has now.....not gonna happen. It would have to be a longer process with a gradual weight increase (I think) to ensure he gets his strength up as well.

You think strength doesn't matter??? Ask Frank Mir..
Also, outweighing someone by 40lbs is one thing when it's just weight, but when that extra 40lbs is LBM and Solid Bone Structure, it's a different type of being outweighed.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Also, outweighing someone by 40lbs is one thing when it's just weight, but when that extra 40lbs is LBM and Solid Bone Structure, it's a different type of being outweighed.

Exactly. I know you hate him, but I saw where Mir said he was going to hit the weights now. He said he has learned the hard way strength does matter.

And while strength is important, I still dont think it's "everything."

Only thing with Mir is, he's a freakin vegetarian. WTF???

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Exactly. I know you hate him, but I saw where Mir said he was going to hit the weights now. He said he has learned the hard way strength does matter.

And while strength is important, I still dont think it's "everything."

Only thing with Mir is, he's a freakin vegetarian. WTF???
where did you read that? Someone posted a interveiw with him here in the MMA thread and in the interveiw he said that he used to get his calories from beef and poultry and now he uses alot of protein shakes. i dont think hes really a vegatarian, i think he was using shakes guring prep because he said he gets bloated while eating a lot of beef and poultry.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
where did you read that? Someone posted a interveiw with him here in the MMA thread and in the interveiw he said that he used to get his calories from beef and poultry and now he uses alot of protein shakes. i dont think hes really a vegatarian, i think he was using shakes guring prep because he said he gets bloated while eating a lot of beef and poultry.
I think I heard it in an interview with him. I could be wrong though.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yes his pre fight interview on some mma site he stated he was using more protein shakes. He could be vegatarian now though. Good way to drop down to LHW ;) ...and grow a vagina

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established

It was against Hermes Franca . Those knees were viscious and pinpoint , I don't know how Sherk took them so well . I guess when he got dropped from Penn's one knee it had a lot to do with being softened up by countless left jabs .
IMHO there is no way A. Silva gets past enough heavies to warrant a titleshot . That is if D. White doesn't just give it to him right off the bat .

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I swear, when I have a kid Im putting him on gear the second he opens his eyes. Im gonna feed him until he reaches 300 lbs, then I will put him in wrestling and tatoo a giant dlck on his chest, then I will collect millions $$$$ when he becomes the UFC champ! I think this could be done.

Volcom, the keyword of my post was "can". I think Anderson can possibly tag Brock with a knee during a possible sloppy shot? We know that you think Brock is God and will never be defeated by a mortal, we are just here to bull$hit and speculate about what can theoretically happen. I wouldnt completely write off a top 3 p4p fighter (Anderson) against a guy with 5 total fights. Just because Mir got bullied that doesnt mean the same thing is gonna happen to everyone who fights brock.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I still say to this day, that Brock should technically be in a "super-heavy" weight class. I'd love to see him smash Silva like a caveman though. I'd just find it entertaining at this point.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I still say to this day, that Brock should technically be in a "super-heavy" weight class. I'd love to see him smash Silva like a caveman though. I'd just find it entertaining at this point.
As long as he cuts to 265 i guess he belongs. There is just isnt enough super heavy good fighters. Mariusz Pudz is coming soon though!! That would be a great lumberjack battle over the last hungry man

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I swear, when I have a kid Im putting him on gear the second he opens his eyes. Im gonna feed him until he reaches 300 lbs, then I will put him in wrestling and tatoo a giant dlck on his chest, then I will collect millions $$$$ when he becomes the UFC champ! I think this could be done.

Volcom, the keyword of my post was "can". I think Anderson can possibly tag Brock with a knee during a possible sloppy shot? We know that you think Brock is God and will never be defeated by a mortal, we are just here to bull$hit and speculate about what can theoretically happen. I wouldnt completely write off a top 3 p4p fighter (Anderson) against a guy with 5 total fights. Just because Mir got bullied that doesnt mean the same thing is gonna happen to everyone who fights brock.
I hate breaking out the bullet points, but it's necessary,

#1. I don't think Brock is God, I don't think Brock will push Carwin around and I believe Carwin has a good chance of winning.

#2. I don't use his fight against Mir as a standard of what he'd do to everyone, but it is a good example of what Brock can do to over-power fighters of Mir's like-size & like-strength. Mir didn't lose that fight due to inferior technical talent, for the most part, he got out-manned. Thus, it is reasonable to conclude that IF Brock can push around someone of Mir's size & strength, THEN it is very likely he can do the same thing to someone of even smaller size and weaker in nature, such as Silva.

#3. Silva earned his P4P status as a middle weight and it's only been dramatized and glorified as of late due to the Run Forrest Run Incident. His P4P threat level doesn't carry over in direct correlation to upper divisions and certainly not up two divisions. Irvin & Griffin proved to me that he's still a P4P threat at LHW, but a HW, he won't be fighting a 205lbs fighter vs 205lbs fighter. He'd come in at 225lbs at best and Brock (or Carwin) at 265lbs of extra muscle & bone structure. The stage from middle weight to LHW is much smaller then the crop of beasts he'll find at the top of the HW division.

#4. We are here just to speculate, so don't take it so personal. I don't ever attack you personally for your opinions, I simply state my facts and tell you why I think what I do and make my case against your part of the debate. I disagree with your opinions and might make comments toward that particular opinion, but I don't ever say, "hey, you are a jerk off for thinking this, please ban yourself," so don't get so amped up over our opinions.

#5. Now off I go [Tarzan swings across Brock's nuts]

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Another thing might be that Brock isn't always worried about dodging knees or punches on his way in toward the other fighter. Randy actually cut Brock with a punch and Mir got a sweet knee in (before his passing to the after life). That might be all that Carwin needs since he's a mad power puncher.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
honestly lesner could maybe go down easy from a punch or something we have no idea how he will react to a good hit. remember chuck lidell used to have a great chin and recovery now he gets ROCKED and so doesn wandy. if i had to guess tho i think lesner is one tough SOBi think he could take a good punch. not "right on the botton" but could take a good jab and grazzing shot unlike other guys. thats jsut my guess, he seems like that guy. i think carwin could rock him and has a MUCH better GNP then fuking cain velazques who i like a lot. i think lesaner will be too quick for carwin but if carwin could pull a victory off that would be some good fun. im jsut flat out excited!!! and drunkkkkk hahahaha

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly lesner could maybe go down easy from a punch or something we have no idea how he will react to a good hit. remember chuck lidell used to have a great chin and recovery now he gets ROCKED and so doesn wandy. if i had to guess tho i think lesner is one tough SOBi think he could take a good punch. not "right on the botton" but could take a good jab and grazzing shot unlike other guys. thats jsut my guess, he seems like that guy. i think carwin could rock him and has a MUCH better GNP then fuking cain velazques who i like a lot. i think lesaner will be too quick for carwin but if carwin could pull a victory off that would be some good fun. im jsut flat out excited!!! and drunkkkkk hahahaha

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I think it's about time people stopped rattling on about the fact that Brock only has 5 fights like he isn't an experienced professional athlete. Fact is #'s of fights don't make champions, not in MMA, not in any other sport (Just ask Heath Herring). The fact that he won the belt after 5 fights shows that he's a freak - freakishly big, freakishly strong, surprisingly fast and ultimately extremely motivated - hence I mean freak in a good way in terms of his athletic ability. The 'he's only had 5 fights' argument gets you as far as Chuck got against Couture back when he was 'washed up' - beat down.

The experience equation was something which was relevant in Mir 1 & Mir 2. I don't believe it's relevant anymore, he's the champion. What you saw in Mir 2 was a methodical demolition of an undeniably expert BJJ fighter - right where he lives, on his back.

Doesn't change the fact that Brock turns into the biggest douche in the universe when he opens his mouth, but there is no denying that he's the champ and he's demolished some highly experienced and capable fighters.

If we're going to talk Lesnar vs. Sylva then lets talk fighting, not semantics.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'd probably favor Anderson over Mir. Few guys can stand and trade with Anderson at any size, and Mir's not one of them. Anderson just uses his speed to avoid going to the ground against the much less mobile Mir. It's not like the HW division has always been ruled by huge hulking 265 guys. Speedier 230# guys have done pretty well, Fedor, CC, etc. The HW division is moving towards being dominated by athletic monsters but those athletes aren't in the UFC yet aside from Brock and to some extent Carwin. The full transition won't happen before Anderson retires.

My one remaining question about Anderson is : can he defend a good single leg? His TD defense looks pretty solid from the clinch (henderson had trouble getting him down). If he ever fights Brock, one TD and it's over. It might be good for him since he seems to be getting a little too ****y (he's always been ****y, but that gets lost in translation - ie Soares makes him out to be a respectful saint).

Also, Silva and Dos Santos are team mates so they would not fight either most likely.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i got money on lesner vs carwin. i think anderson silva wouldnt fight at heavy weight for over a year. hes gotta fight hendo and 1-2 more LHWs.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Why does he have to fight Henderson again?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
beat an up and comer. then beat franklin(well sort of) and then beat bisping who was undefeated. nate mar and maia took forever to get their bout so that will be the next one.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I'd probably favor Anderson over Mir. Few guys can stand and trade with Anderson at any size, and Mir's not one of them. Anderson just uses his speed to avoid going to the ground against the much less mobile Mir. It's not like the HW division has always been ruled by huge hulking 265 guys. Speedier 230# guys have done pretty well, Fedor, CC, etc. The HW division is moving towards being dominated by athletic monsters but those athletes aren't in the UFC yet aside from Brock and to some extent Carwin. The full transition won't happen before Anderson retires.

My one remaining question about Anderson is : can he defend a good single leg? His TD defense looks pretty solid from the clinch (henderson had trouble getting him down). If he ever fights Brock, one TD and it's over. It might be good for him since he seems to be getting a little too ****y (he's always been ****y, but that gets lost in translation - ie Soares makes him out to be a respectful saint).

Also, Silva and Dos Santos are team mates so they would not fight either most likely.
I think Silva subscribes to the old addage of, "The best defense is a good offense" Jas. Sylva's single biggest defense against a single leg (Good, bad or ugly) are his offensive tools rather than a capable sprawl or excellent wrestling. I wouldn't even say that his TD defense from the clinch is particularly strong, as he's so big at MW that wrestlers can't pick him up and slam him and he's so good on his feet that no BJJ fighter gets close enough to throw or trip him - where this has happened in his career he has typically lost the round or the fight (Hendo round 1, losing mostly to submissions broadly speaking).

The key is that the chance of catching a knee in the face or a sharp right or left (He has knockout power in both hands) has always lead to people shooting at Sylva apprehensively, if at all - everyone remember a recent fight where his opponent would just throw himself to the deck at every opportunity hoping to goad Sylva into coming to him on the ground...?

I believe that if Griffin was serious about beating Sylvia the first thing he would have done is shoot for him. He was never going to win a stand-up war with Sylva, they could fight 100 times and he would never win that fight, leg kicks have been proven to be a recipe for failure against Sylva too. If you want to defeat Sylva show a lack of a respect for his offense in the way you shoot - don't shoot gingerly afraid of getting knocked out, because standing up that's more or less where you are bound to end up. Commit to that take-down and make *damn* sure it sticks. Take Sylva out of his element. The same could also be said of his friend & training partner Machida, as the only time he's been close to losing a fight was a triangle choke from Ortiz. So shoot, shoot hard and bring him down.

Otherwise buckle up and be prepared to go for a ride... Or a run in Forest's case.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
beat an up and comer. then beat franklin(well sort of) and then beat bisping who was undefeated. nate mar and maia took forever to get their bout so that will be the next one.
Last I checked Bisping lost to Rashad Evans (Dubiously, though if you give him the win there you can give him a loss against Hammil instead) prior to fighting Hendo mate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last I checked Bisping lost to Rashad Evans (Dubiously, though if you give him the win there you can give him a loss against Hammil instead) prior to fighting Hendo mate.
Undefeated at MW. It's also extremely marketable, which, unfortunately, is just as important.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah hes no LHW. the hamill thing was bs and yeah it does suck. but why didnt anyone beat him that bad before?

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
yeah hes no LHW. the hamill thing was bs and yeah it does suck. but why didnt anyone beat him that bad before?
Because for the most part he fought a bunch of bums! He was also light on fights so I think people credited him with having more power than he did - right up until the Leben fight. :nutkick:

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
ya he suckd but it was good fun seeing him knocked the F out!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he will have atleast 5 more fights in the UFC. it would take like 3 losses. hes doing just fine. he wants to blow up the UK so dana would keep him in the company. haha maybe bisping at 170 as a coach vs GSP UK vs canada hahaha

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Sure he might rattle around in the lower order as a gate-keeper for up and comers, but if he's going to be a contender, he has a lot of work to do.

The shoot'n'scoot approach will work against a bum like Leben but it'll only get you smashed by monsters like Hendo & Sylva.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
its silva lol : )

also nate mar would wreck him aswell along with vitor but you cant look at stuff like that. bispings a fighter he wants to be here. hes jsut going to accomplish what he can jsut like every fighter. they might have a goal to be champ but also have much easier goals to acquire. plus most of these guys dont have careers so they are gonig to live out their passion as long as they can for there life fulfillment along with paychecks and fame and legacy even if they can be a top 5. losing 3-4 in a row or like 4out of 5 or 6 is a diff story tho.

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
Can you think of someone in the mid-upper rankings of the MW division that you reckon Bisping could beat..? Think about it.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
he could evolve. he could be maia lol whos top 10 in the world # 10