Evans vs Machida now since Rampage is out - AnabolicMinds.com

Evans vs Machida now since Rampage is out

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    maurice02's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    945
    Rep Power
    554

    Reputation

    Evans vs Machida now since Rampage is out


    What do you guys think.
    Rampage is now out due to an injured jaw that needs surgery.

  2. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    itll still be a very good fight...but rampage deserved it more IMO
  3. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    Rampage will be back. Not sure what the recovery time will be on that kind of surgery though. Too bad he'll be fighting Machida for the belt, cuz I wanted to see, as he calls it, some black on black crime! I liked Rampage after TUF but after that trash talking I'm now a H U G E Jackson fan!
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    825

    Reputation

    Has this fight been officially announced? I'm just not sold on Machida. Who else is there though?
  5. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    Yeah his image is now on the card on the ufc site.
  6. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Just bout impossible to call this one. Machida's style...You just cant train for it. I hope he wins, I cant stand sugar[great fighter yes]
    I soooo badly wanted to see Rampage Evans :-(
  7. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    I'd lovvvvvvve to see Sugar get knocked out. But more important I just want a win for machida. On the other hand I too wanted Ram/Evans and that would be put off for a while if Evans loses. Hard to call in that sense too.
  8. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Though I am interested in a Rashad/Lyoto, my interest in a Rashad/Page was much, MUCH higher .
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,049
    Rep Power
    919685

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It's still a good marketing angle for the UFC (2 undefeated fighters have never fought for a title) and I also think that Machida has adapted his style slightly more recently to be more aggressive. Neither fighter has ever really been hit hard, so it's hard to gauge their chins.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    825

    Reputation

    IMO one more win for Machida over a scrub would make him more appealing.
  11. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Though I am interested in a Rashad/Lyoto, my interest in a Rashad/Page was much, MUCH higher .
    I think you speak for everyone there mate
  12. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Honestly, i think the reason i want to see jackson evans more, is because i really think machida is going to beat evans, and possibly jackson after that. then i wont care as much about jackson v evans, because they will have both just been beat. Does that make sense? I am being a wicked machida whore recently.
  13. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Has this fight been officially announced? I'm just not sold on Machida. Who else is there though?
    Dudes 15-0 (or there bouts) and just smashed a guy that was 14-0, what exactly does he have to do to sell you??
  14. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    825

    Reputation

    Record means ****. That argument is irrelevant. Yes, he beat Silva and in a convincing fashion. I can give a **** about everyone else he has beat and the Tito fight was total BS. Who has Silva beat himself?

    I'm not sold based on his prior opponents.
  15. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Record means ****. That argument is irrelevant. Yes, he beat Silva and in a convincing fashion. I can give a **** about everyone else he has beat and the Tito fight was total BS. Who has Silva beat himself?

    I'm not sold based on his prior opponents.
    LOL, Take a few deep breaths man your getting a bit upset
  16. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Honestly, i think the reason i want to see jackson evans more, is because i really think machida is going to beat evans, and possibly jackson after that. then i wont care as much about jackson v evans, because they will have both just been beat. Does that make sense? I am being a wicked machida whore recently.
    I agree with you as well, only I don't like Machida. Nonetheless, same conclusion.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I agree with you as well, only I don't like Machida. Nonetheless, same conclusion.
    i know he isnt the flashiest, but he seems to be working on it. he is like the 205lb kenny florian, except undefeated, but same type of mentality imo.
  18. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Machida is a matchup problem for everyone at 205, and IMO should 70% of the time beat Evans. However, Evans is tremendously athletic, and should make this a very tough matchup for Machida. All I know is I am anxious to see it.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  19. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Machida is a matchup problem for everyone at 205, and IMO should 70% of the time beat Evans. However, Evans is tremendously athletic, and should make this a very tough matchup for Machida. All I know is I am anxious to see it.
    see, i agree, im also exited to see this fight. i understand the allure of page v evans but this one is going to be agood card i think.
  20. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    i know he isnt the flashiest, but he seems to be working on it. he is like the 205lb kenny florian, except undefeated, but same type of mentality imo.
    Whether you like his style or not, you have to respect his talent (as frustrating as it may be). I don't hate the guy, I used to, but his latest fight really impressed me. He had a good mix of defensive and offensive, so at the very least, I respect his talent and I respect how difficult of an opponent he is to anyone he fights.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Diamond Member
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,250
    Rep Power
    78135

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Machida is a matchup problem for everyone at 205, and IMO should 70% of the time beat Evans. However, Evans is tremendously athletic, and should make this a very tough matchup for Machida. All I know is I am anxious to see it.
    I like Evans more, but I'm leaning heavier on a Machida Victory and my opinion would remain the same if it were Machida/Rampage and Rampage is my boy. For either Rampage or Evans, you could theoretically put together a strategy to win. Machida just seems much more difficult to train for and I don't see Machida making fatal errors because he's SOOOO careful and SOOO evasive minded.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Whether you like his style or not, you have to respect his talent (as frustrating as it may be). I don't hate the guy, I used to, but his latest fight really impressed me. He had a good mix of defensive and offensive, so at the very least, I respect his talent and I respect how difficult of an opponent he is to anyone he fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I like Evans more, but I'm leaning heavier on a Machida Victory and my opinion would remain the same if it were Machida/Rampage and Rampage is my boy. For either Rampage or Evans, you could theoretically put together a strategy to win. Machida just seems much more difficult to train for and I don't see Machida making fatal errors because he's SOOOO careful and SOOO evasive minded.
    I agree completely. Im not walking around wearing a machida t-shirt, but i respect the hell out of the guy. I dont even really want to see him get beat like i usually do with fighters like him. I like him i think.
  23. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    I agree completely. Im not walking around wearing a machida t-shirt, but i respect the hell out of the guy. I dont even really want to see him get beat like i usually do with fighters like him. I like him i think.
    Dedee, Have you got a man crush?
  24. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Dedee, Have you got a man crush?
    Oh No! I think i might! Wait, lets see, endlessly defending him, pointing out all the good things, none of the bad, picture of him in my wallet, right next to my condom, ARRRRGGG!! Damn you Machida, youve turned me gay!
  25. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Oh No! I think i might! Wait, lets see, endlessly defending him, pointing out all the good things, none of the bad, picture of him in my wallet, right next to my condom, ARRRRGGG!! Damn you Machida, youve turned me gay!
    Haha! Man if he knocks Sugars teeth in I will love him too!
  26. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I like Evans more, but I'm leaning heavier on a Machida Victory and my opinion would remain the same if it were Machida/Rampage and Rampage is my boy. For either Rampage or Evans, you could theoretically put together a strategy to win. Machida just seems much more difficult to train for and I don't see Machida making fatal errors because he's SOOOO careful and SOOO evasive minded.
    Agreed, I could see a frustrated Evans making a fatal error before machida does. He just seems to pick his opportunities better, and stays within his plan. If that means being defensive for 5 rounds so be it.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  27. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    45136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    itll still be a very good fight...but rampage deserved it more IMO


    I disagree, machida desrves it just as much. I wasnt a fan until recently, I agree with rodja hes been more agressive latley.
  28. Banned
    OzzY SluGGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    684
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Man, Fcuk it. Put all three in there and see who comes out on top Now THAT'D be a big PPV
    Suck my balls Sugar
  29. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Man, Fcuk it. Put all three in there and see who comes out on top Now THAT'D be a big PPV
    Suck my balls Sugar
    Lol lol. that would be sweet. Im waiting for that jaw of sugars to break.
  30. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    825

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    LOL, Take a few deep breaths man your getting a bit upset
    Lol, not at all man. But rereading it I can see how it could easily be taken that way.
  31. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    825

    Reputation

    I don't see machida comparing to Kenflo. Kenflo is seriously sick and he really attacks the **** out of people. His ground and stand up are both dangerous.
  32. Elite Member
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,490
    Rep Power
    522623

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I don't see machida comparing to Kenflo. Kenflo is seriously sick and he really attacks the **** out of people. His ground and stand up are both dangerous.
    I personally feel Evans is the dude to beat at the lightheavyweight division.
    doing my own thang!
  33. New Member
    Bendiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    167

    Reputation

    Cool


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I like Evans more, but I'm leaning heavier on a Machida Victory and my opinion would remain the same if it were Machida/Rampage and Rampage is my boy. For either Rampage or Evans, you could theoretically put together a strategy to win. Machida just seems much more difficult to train for and I don't see Machida making fatal errors because he's SOOOO careful and SOOO evasive minded.
    man been a couple days since i been on here. im sure you guys missed me. anywho. heres my two cents. machida is evasive and careful. that doesnt mean rampage couldnt find a way around that. he has plenty of time off and hes going to train hard no matter what. id honestly say if he doesnt train correctly and he goes in the fight like he did with jardine. hes done. machida WILL beat him. on the other hand if he comes in focused and has the training and wind dialed in. i dont think hell have a problem. then again. he could always get his ass WHOOPED. =D
  34. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I don't see machida comparing to Kenflo. Kenflo is seriously sick and he really attacks the **** out of people. His ground and stand up are both dangerous.
    I wasnt comparing him in style, just in popularity, in reference to deserving of more accolades than recieved. i think k flo is the sh!t. i do not think they fight the same, i will say again.
  35. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Has this fight been officially announced? I'm just not sold on Machida. Who else is there though?
    If you are looking for more selection for the 205s I'd check out the UFC 97 coming up with the WEC 205 debuts. Steve Cantwell (was in the last Ult fight night) was the last title holder before they were all cut and given to the UFC. Brian Stann's a bit exciting for a stand up only fighter too.
  36. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    825

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    I wasnt comparing him in style, just in popularity, in reference to deserving of more accolades than recieved. i think k flo is the sh!t. i do not think they fight the same, i will say again.
    I kind of agree. I don't think there as many Kenflo haters as there are Machida haters. I think Kenflo isn't huge because he is a quiet dude. He doesn't have the physique that many men would be jealous of, he doesn't cause controversy, and he isn't much of a **** talker. But, he is every bit the badass he has proven to be in his last fights.
  37. Senior Member
    Emerge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    825

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    If you are looking for more selection for the 205s I'd check out the UFC 97 coming up with the WEC 205 debuts. Steve Cantwell (was in the last Ult fight night) was the last title holder before they were all cut and given to the UFC. Brian Stann's a bit exciting for a stand up only fighter too.
    Indeed.
  38. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    897

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I kind of agree. I don't think there as many Kenflo haters as there are Machida haters. I think Kenflo isn't huge because he is a quiet dude. He doesn't have the physique that many men would be jealous of, he doesn't cause controversy, and he isn't much of a **** talker. But, he is every bit the badass he has proven to be in his last fights.
    yeah he is. i have liked that dude(no homo) for a long time. Tremendous work ethic.
  39. Senior Member
    Jessep76's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    3097

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    yeah he is. i have liked that dude(no homo) for a long time. Tremendous work ethic.


    For a while after he fought sherk (would you agree) ken was the guy who would come out and you'd be like eh ok why not I'll watch till the next fight comes... and all of the sudden nearly 3 years later he's unbeaten!! WTF?!?
  40. New Member
    BradyJ15's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    79

    Reputation

    I know Kenflo gets a bit of heat after beating Din Thomas I believe, and shouting 'I finish fights' despite Din Thomas messing up his knee during the fight.

    That being said I like him, he is constantly improving and throws scary elbows.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. No one talking about Rampage vs Machida?
    By Texan281 in forum MMA
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 09:48 AM
  2. Evans vs Jackson
    By mh625 in forum MMA
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 01:45 AM
  3. Replies: 280
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
  4. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
  5. Chuck vs Evans
    By mindgame in forum MMA
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in