In what round will Mir gas?

  1. Registered User
    robdog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    773
    Rep Power
    474

    In what round will Mir gas?


    Since he is apparently now so big into conditioning, in what round will his fat ass gas and get destroyed? I say somewhere around the 3 minute mark of round 1. Opinions? The fact that this fight is even happening is an insult to Nog and MMA fans in general. Not trying to rant, but of all the people who deserve a title shot at the #2 HW in the world, Mir is certainly not one of them. Nog is in a totally different league than Mir.

  2. Registered User
    flobot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The best place on Earth
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    291

    I agree. Mir will Never be able to submit Nogueira either.
  3. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,392
    Rep Power
    2335

    If a good matchup exists for Mir its a rookie to mma, if there is a bad matchup for Mir its nog.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ersatz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The carnival of American decay on parade
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Power
    784

    Nog doesn't push a furious or even quick pace so if it goes to the ground there is likely to be a stalemate. I think Mir can probably make it into the second round before his tank is empty.

    And leave it to the UFC to **** things up again. Couture/Lesnar vs Nog/Mir winners. Randy has poor luck against big HWs and he lacks KO power or even decent subs so I'm not sure he can last 5 rounds with Brock. So we'll likely see Brock vs Nog and the winner facing Fedor, if they can even sign him. So Nog vs Fedor again with a predictable outcome.
  5. Registered User
    DaTruthMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    94

    I think Nog knows Mir's capabilities and I'm pretty sure he has seen Mir's fights and knows that if he pushes the pace and continues an attack on Mir it will eventually gas him. I see Mir gassing in the 3rd round and getting TKO via strikes in the early 4th.
  6. Registered User
    flobot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The best place on Earth
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    291

    Yeah I think Couture might get destroyed by Brock Lesnar. He's no Kimbo Slice that's for sure. Being #1 wrestler in America before !Undefeated! is no youtube street fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post

    And leave it to the UFC to **** things up again. Couture/Lesnar vs Nog/Mir winners. Randy has poor luck against big HWs and he lacks KO power or even decent subs so I'm not sure he can last 5 rounds with Brock. So we'll likely see Brock vs Nog and the winner facing Fedor, if they can even sign him. So Nog vs Fedor again with a predictable outcome.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    I wouldnt be surprised to see Mir stopped early on his feet. He has little to no chine a la the Vera fight.

    Also, as much as I would love to see Randy win, what does he have against Brock?

    And if Brock wins, does that make him a top 10 heavyweight? My god, it probably does, man the MMA world is a little out of whack for me
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  8. Registered User
    flobot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The best place on Earth
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    291

    I would expect odds to be in Lesnar's favor. He's really a monster.

    That's the fun thing about MMA though, Anybody Can/May Win. Randy's old too so that's a good excuse if he loses.

    On the other hand, there are still a lot of 'constantly' good fighters out there like Noguiera, GSP, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Gomi, etc..I esp. like Noguiera cuz he's the epitomy of a BJJ fighter. Gets beaten to a pulp most of the time but Always wins in the end.
  9. Registered User
    michael021875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    79

    I think it is way to early to count Randy out! Brock may be a great wrestler and has good size on him but I just feel that he is still a little wet behind the ears in MMA. Everyone wanted to count Randy out with Silva but he deliverd a very nice supprise as I am sure that he will do with Brock. As far as Mir goes I personally think that the only sport he would have any chance against Nog in is a world championship narcissism bout.
  10. Registered User
    flobot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The best place on Earth
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    291

    I think Noguiera will lose a narcissism contest lol

    That guy's so humble! Not like a typical BJJ practitioner at all In my Own opinion.

    I've always found them to be more arrogant and proud than their MT counterparts.

    The humblest and most dangerous fighters though are pure Boxers. Those guys will talk softly until you really, really cross the line. And good luck hitting a boxer in a street fight lol.
  11. Registered User
    michael021875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    79

    yes, Nog really does have a very modest personality. Mir however seems to be his own biggest fan. I hate that about some fighters. If they are good enough their reputation will speak a lot louder than their arrogance.
  12. Registered User
    flobot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The best place on Earth
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    291

    I know people here hate hearing about TUF (although I don't know why cuz budding fighters should have TUF as one of their primary goals to attain...) but Mir actually said in one episode that he's 3x the athlete Noguiera is.

    That's just pure unsubstantiated BS to me Lol. Noguiera has beaten Horn, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Werdum, Tim Sylvia, AND survived FEDOR ---- THRICE. (Pretty much a who's who of his generation, past and present.)

    Who has Mir beaten? Tim Sylvia, ?Tank ABbott? Lesnar (Which he almost got beat down to a pulp..) And got beaten by Brandon Vera decisively.

    The resumes just don't match. If Mir has even fought Fedor ONCE then I'll respect him like I respect Nog.

    Edit: And yeah, I watch TUF...damnit...I hope Krystof wins because he's Canadian hehehehe. Junie too because despite all his BS that guy's got skills.
  13. Registered User
    sp447's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    26
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    264

    It won't matter because Nog will choke him out before he even gets winded.

    I find it amusing how Mir reffered to himself as an "athlete" and compared his athleticism to Noguiera.

    Mir is a has been.

    Matter of fact, he never was. He's got a solid ground game.

    His chin sucks, his gas tank is non existent, his hands are atrocious, he has zero wrestling.


    Noguiera will submit him or TKO him in the first round
  14. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,392
    Rep Power
    2335

    Quote Originally Posted by sp447 View Post
    It won't matter because Nog will choke him out before he even gets winded.

    I find it amusing how Mir reffered to himself as an "athlete" and compared his athleticism to Noguiera.

    Mir is a has been.

    Matter of fact, he never was. He's got a solid ground game.

    His chin sucks, his gas tank is non existent, his hands are atrocious, he has zero wrestling.


    Noguiera will submit him or TKO him in the first round
    Man this is what ive been saying, he's a bum. If a guy lays it on a platter mir can do something with it but thats pretty well it.
  15. Registered User
    ersatz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The carnival of American decay on parade
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Power
    784

    After the recent TUF episode I hope Nog punishes Mir.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post
    I know people here hate hearing about TUF (although I don't know why cuz budding fighters should have TUF as one of their primary goals to attain...) but Mir actually said in one episode that he's 3x the athlete Noguiera is.

    That's just pure unsubstantiated BS to me Lol. Noguiera has beaten Horn, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Werdum, Tim Sylvia, AND survived FEDOR ---- THRICE. (Pretty much a who's who of his generation, past and present.)

    Who has Mir beaten? Tim Sylvia, ?Tank ABbott? Lesnar (Which he almost got beat down to a pulp..) And got beaten by Brandon Vera decisively.

    The resumes just don't match. If Mir has even fought Fedor ONCE then I'll respect him like I respect Nog.

    Edit: And yeah, I watch TUF...damnit...I hope Krystof wins because he's Canadian hehehehe. Junie too because despite all his BS that guy's got skills.
    He survived Fedor twice; their second match was ruled a NC due to a cut within the opening minute at the final round of the '04 HW GP. They fought again at Shockwave later that year for the GP title and the HW title.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Registered User
    Powerfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    76

    Mir has no chance of beating Nog
  18. Registered User
    Powerfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    76

    Mir will get submitted before he has even has a chance to gas
  19. Registered User
    flobot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The best place on Earth
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    291

    Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerfool View Post
    Mir will get submitted before he has even has a chance to gas
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. xmass pct round 2 help
    By sierranevada1 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
  2. SLINGSHOT-ROUND 2
    By thebigt in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 08:42 AM
  3. Why not use IGF-1 Year round?
    By Travis in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 03:06 PM
  4. A round of thanks
    By Head Nurse in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 02:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in