In what round will Mir gas? - AnabolicMinds.com

In what round will Mir gas?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

In what round will Mir gas?

Since he is apparently now so big into conditioning, in what round will his fat ass gas and get destroyed? I say somewhere around the 3 minute mark of round 1. Opinions? The fact that this fight is even happening is an insult to Nog and MMA fans in general. Not trying to rant, but of all the people who deserve a title shot at the #2 HW in the world, Mir is certainly not one of them. Nog is in a totally different league than Mir.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I agree. Mir will Never be able to submit Nogueira either.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

If a good matchup exists for Mir its a rookie to mma, if there is a bad matchup for Mir its nog.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Nog doesn't push a furious or even quick pace so if it goes to the ground there is likely to be a stalemate. I think Mir can probably make it into the second round before his tank is empty.

And leave it to the UFC to **** things up again. Couture/Lesnar vs Nog/Mir winners. Randy has poor luck against big HWs and he lacks KO power or even decent subs so I'm not sure he can last 5 rounds with Brock. So we'll likely see Brock vs Nog and the winner facing Fedor, if they can even sign him. So Nog vs Fedor again with a predictable outcome.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

I think Nog knows Mir's capabilities and I'm pretty sure he has seen Mir's fights and knows that if he pushes the pace and continues an attack on Mir it will eventually gas him. I see Mir gassing in the 3rd round and getting TKO via strikes in the early 4th.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Yeah I think Couture might get destroyed by Brock Lesnar. He's no Kimbo Slice that's for sure. Being #1 wrestler in America before !Undefeated! is no youtube street fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post

And leave it to the UFC to **** things up again. Couture/Lesnar vs Nog/Mir winners. Randy has poor luck against big HWs and he lacks KO power or even decent subs so I'm not sure he can last 5 rounds with Brock. So we'll likely see Brock vs Nog and the winner facing Fedor, if they can even sign him. So Nog vs Fedor again with a predictable outcome.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wouldnt be surprised to see Mir stopped early on his feet. He has little to no chine a la the Vera fight.

Also, as much as I would love to see Randy win, what does he have against Brock?

And if Brock wins, does that make him a top 10 heavyweight? My god, it probably does, man the MMA world is a little out of whack for me
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I would expect odds to be in Lesnar's favor. He's really a monster.

That's the fun thing about MMA though, Anybody Can/May Win. Randy's old too so that's a good excuse if he loses.

On the other hand, there are still a lot of 'constantly' good fighters out there like Noguiera, GSP, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Gomi, etc..I esp. like Noguiera cuz he's the epitomy of a BJJ fighter. Gets beaten to a pulp most of the time but Always wins in the end.
  9. New Member

I think it is way to early to count Randy out! Brock may be a great wrestler and has good size on him but I just feel that he is still a little wet behind the ears in MMA. Everyone wanted to count Randy out with Silva but he deliverd a very nice supprise as I am sure that he will do with Brock. As far as Mir goes I personally think that the only sport he would have any chance against Nog in is a world championship narcissism bout.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I think Noguiera will lose a narcissism contest lol

That guy's so humble! Not like a typical BJJ practitioner at all In my Own opinion.

I've always found them to be more arrogant and proud than their MT counterparts.

The humblest and most dangerous fighters though are pure Boxers. Those guys will talk softly until you really, really cross the line. And good luck hitting a boxer in a street fight lol.
  11. New Member

yes, Nog really does have a very modest personality. Mir however seems to be his own biggest fan. I hate that about some fighters. If they are good enough their reputation will speak a lot louder than their arrogance.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I know people here hate hearing about TUF (although I don't know why cuz budding fighters should have TUF as one of their primary goals to attain...) but Mir actually said in one episode that he's 3x the athlete Noguiera is.

That's just pure unsubstantiated BS to me Lol. Noguiera has beaten Horn, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Werdum, Tim Sylvia, AND survived FEDOR ---- THRICE. (Pretty much a who's who of his generation, past and present.)

Who has Mir beaten? Tim Sylvia, ?Tank ABbott? Lesnar (Which he almost got beat down to a pulp..) And got beaten by Brandon Vera decisively.

The resumes just don't match. If Mir has even fought Fedor ONCE then I'll respect him like I respect Nog.

Edit: And yeah, I watch TUF...damnit...I hope Krystof wins because he's Canadian hehehehe. Junie too because despite all his BS that guy's got skills.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

It won't matter because Nog will choke him out before he even gets winded.

I find it amusing how Mir reffered to himself as an "athlete" and compared his athleticism to Noguiera.

Mir is a has been.

Matter of fact, he never was. He's got a solid ground game.

His chin sucks, his gas tank is non existent, his hands are atrocious, he has zero wrestling.

Noguiera will submit him or TKO him in the first round
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sp447 View Post
    It won't matter because Nog will choke him out before he even gets winded.

I find it amusing how Mir reffered to himself as an "athlete" and compared his athleticism to Noguiera.

Mir is a has been.

Matter of fact, he never was. He's got a solid ground game.

His chin sucks, his gas tank is non existent, his hands are atrocious, he has zero wrestling.

Noguiera will submit him or TKO him in the first round
    Man this is what ive been saying, he's a bum. If a guy lays it on a platter mir can do something with it but thats pretty well it.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

After the recent TUF episode I hope Nog punishes Mir.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by flobot View Post
    I know people here hate hearing about TUF (although I don't know why cuz budding fighters should have TUF as one of their primary goals to attain...) but Mir actually said in one episode that he's 3x the athlete Noguiera is.

That's just pure unsubstantiated BS to me Lol. Noguiera has beaten Horn, Coleman, Schilt, Henderson, Werdum, Tim Sylvia, AND survived FEDOR ---- THRICE. (Pretty much a who's who of his generation, past and present.)

Who has Mir beaten? Tim Sylvia, ?Tank ABbott? Lesnar (Which he almost got beat down to a pulp..) And got beaten by Brandon Vera decisively.

The resumes just don't match. If Mir has even fought Fedor ONCE then I'll respect him like I respect Nog.

Edit: And yeah, I watch TUF...damnit...I hope Krystof wins because he's Canadian hehehehe. Junie too because despite all his BS that guy's got skills.
    He survived Fedor twice; their second match was ruled a NC due to a cut within the opening minute at the final round of the '04 HW GP. They fought again at Shockwave later that year for the GP title and the HW title.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. New Member

Mir has no chance of beating Nog
  18. New Member

Mir will get submitted before he has even has a chance to gas
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerfool View Post
    Mir will get submitted before he has even has a chance to gas
  •