World Baseball Classic

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Anyone looking forward to this ? I think it may not be that bad of an idea unlike Steinbrenner suggested, I'm sure he's just freaked out by the thought of a Yankee getting hurt. Hopefully the USA can come out victorious. I'd like to see the USA vs. The Dominican Republic, I think these are the 2 best teams. Chime in with your thoughts.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I think Steinbrenner is a little b*tch! If guys want to support their country go ahead and let them do it. I think it would be great if the US could come out victorious in this.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Bobby Valentine, long time MLB manager, and current Japanese manager stated he believes ANY Japanese baseball player could be an everyday player in the MLB, however, over half of MLB could not be an everyday player in Japan.
Look for Japan to do very very well.
Also, I think a majority of managers are worried, like George, that their stars are going to be injured playing a irrelevant exhibition tournament.
I also dont like that fact that many American playes are playing for other countries. Example: Mike Piazza is American born, his relatives came to America in 1900. Piazza is playing for the Italian team. Not many people are treating this as an opportunity to play for their country. I find that unfortunate.

novamanms

Awards
Piazza is playing for the Italians?

Guess he's gay after all.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Piazza is playing for the Italians?

Guess he's gay after all.
Yeah, and the only reason why American born AROD is playing for the USA is because of criticism he received after saying he was going to play for, I believe, the Dominican Republic.

Kerussologos

Awards
I give him credit for wanting to play. At his age he probably didn't really have the option to play for the US team anyway.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Big Papi David Ortiz hit's 2 monster home runs yesterday..

This guy is gonna have a hell of a year..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Big Papi David Ortiz hit's 2 monster home runs yesterday..

This guy is gonna have a hell of a year..
He can have a hell of a year as long he doesn't have a hell of a series against the USA :D he's a bad ass hitter

Kato

Awards
us lost to the canucks :(

gotta be one of the biggest upsets in sports history......right?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
us lost to the canucks :(

gotta be one of the biggest upsets in sports history......right?
This is a pretty big upset, perhaps the biggest I've seen baseball wise. If the Dominican Republic did this than that would be one thing, but team Canada ? What the hell happened ? What was Dontrelle Willis doing ?

Kato

Awards
i watched the 8th and 9th and the color men were sayin how the one pitcher was like in AA last year or some ****.

i did fly out of my seat when dude went for what i thought was a dead center home run. good catch

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LMAO.

How 'bout dem Canucks :D

Booya biatches!

hehe

Jake360

Awards
Looks like Japan and Cuba will play for the crown. I will thinking USA all the way...oh well.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Looks like Japan and Cuba will play for the crown. I will thinking USA all the way...oh well.
USA did disappoint but I didn't know that some of these players are all ready in mid season form. The Cubans are about 2/3 into their season, that certainly gives them an edge. Maybe next year they'll have every great American play for the team and make it bigger priority.