odd cordygen-VO2 question

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My father just got out of the hospital for his second lung cancer surgery (each lung is half sized now), and I was thinking about what I could do to help both with his recovery in general, as well as long term. I'm getting him some muscle milk to get extra calories in (as hes not really eating well), and some IGF-2 to be both a sleep aid as well as its testosterone + mood boosting properties.

Well of course cordygen-VO2 came to mind as well. Do you think it would be beneficial? i'm guessing it would. Part of the question as well would be when to start him on it. right now he's only at 3 weeks after surgery, and they still have him on a light flow of oxygen 24hrs a day (he is at home though). So i'm not sure whether it would be better to have him give it a try now, or wait until they have him using the oxygen only when he has a hard time breathing

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
My father just got out of the hospital for his second lung cancer surgery (each lung is half sized now), and I was thinking about what I could do to help both with his recovery in general, as well as long term. I'm getting him some muscle milk to get extra calories in (as hes not really eating well), and some IGF-2 to be both a sleep aid as well as its testosterone + mood boosting properties.

Well of course cordygen-VO2 came to mind as well. Do you think it would be beneficial? i'm guessing it would. Part of the question as well would be when to start him on it. right now he's only at 3 weeks after surgery, and they still have him on a light flow of oxygen 24hrs a day (he is at home though). So i'm not sure whether it would be better to have him give it a try now, or wait until they have him using the oxygen only when he has a hard time breathing
Hey Easy. First of all, Im sorry to hear that your father had to have such a surgery and I hope his recovery goes well! Cordygen v02 (or Cordygen5 for that matter) will definitely be beneficial. If you want to dose 3 caps per day with only 1 cap being taken at a time (maybe one each with meals or muscle milk shakes) then he should be good. The only problem could be if he is allergic to any of the ingredients in the product...which is doubtful :)

Good luck ... and best wishes for your father!

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd say cordygen 5 might be better in this situation, considering its time-released nature.

Hey Easy. First of all, Im sorry to hear that your father had to have such a surgery and I hope his recovery goes well! Cordygen v02 (or Cordygen5 for that matter) will definitely be beneficial. If you want to dose 3 caps per day with only 1 cap being taken at a time (maybe one each with meals or muscle milk shakes) then he should be good. The only problem could be if he is allergic to any of the ingredients in the product...which is doubtful :)

Good luck ... and best wishes for your father!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I think both would work just fine and they both have benefits. Using Cordygen 5 would be good because of the time released manner of the pills. Cordygen v02 would be good because of quite a few reasons actually.

1 - obviously the cordyceps to help the intake and utilization of oxygen,
2- Jiaogulan Extract - Powerful antioxidant and adaptogen to help fight free radicals and reduce stress, fatigue, trauma, and anxiety.
3 - Rhodiola Rosea - Elevates mood and decreases the chances of depression. Reducing fatigue, and enhancing daily performance. These are just a few of the MANY benefits of this amazing root.
4 - Ath-lytes - a balanced electrolyte system.

So basically...you have to decide what features are more important for your specific case, and go with that.

Personally for cardiovascular activity alone I normally use Cordygen5 and for daily upkeep as well as any weight lifting activity I use Cordygen v02.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting. i'll wait and see if matt chimes in before I order :)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. i'll wait and see if matt chimes in before I order :)
Hi Easy!

I agree with Deuce on the dosing protocol. I think if he starts on C-VO2 then three caps per day split up would be the most beneficial or you can go with C5 in the same dosing protocol. Both C-VO2 and C5 will help to bolster his immune system and give him more stamina as we get testimonials from people in the same situation with comprimized lung finction all the time. C5 is easier on the stomach so if he has a sensitive stomach then you might start him there.

I hope he is on the road to recovery and doing well!