ZMK and the empty stomach...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Answers

ZMK and the empty stomach...

How long do I need to wait after my nighttime casein shake before I can take my ZMK dose?

thanks

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    How long do I need to wait after my nighttime casein shake before I can take my ZMK dose?

thanks
    In my opinion 40-60 minutes should be good.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Answers

great. sounds perfectly doable... thanks for quick response.
    •   

4. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Make sure you eat enough during the day though! The first week I was taking zmk/somnidren GH I was not paying attention to how much food I was taking in really and maybe the 4th day or so I woke up more hungry than I have ever been before in my entire life. I mean it. If there was a cow outside I would have killed it and ate 335lbs of steak raw...haha
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  5. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Keep the zmk(w/ a glass of water) in your bathroom and when you get up to piss in the middle of the night take it then. Personally going to bed hungry is just not an option for me.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog;
    Keep the zmk(w/ a glass of water) in your bathroom and when you get up to piss in the middle of the night take it then....
    Sometimes, when you prepare things like this, you either surprisingly sleep through the night, or wake up much later than intended. Except you use an alarm reminder! Murphy's Law!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  7. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

if I take some bcaa a little before the zmk/somni I am usually okay. It's the times I forget bcaa that I wake up wondering what small countries can do without their food supply today :bruce2:
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Why not take it 1 hr before eating your before bed meal? That's what I do with ZMA and it works. Just drink enough water to get it out of your stomach faster.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by eatingisfun View Post
    Why not take it 1 hr before eating your before bed meal? That's what I do with ZMA and it works. Just drink enough water to get it out of your stomach faster.

Because unfortunatelyy it doesn't work ideally that way. It should be taken in an environment as close to bed and as far way from calcium as possible for best effect.

I'm not an advocate to eating before bed regardless of the content as I've discussed here prior. There are many instances where your pre bed meal isn't ideal at all but some where it may be ok. If it contains any carbs or is large enough to cause any insulin spike then I would advise either cutting the meal in size or spacing further from sleep & sleep supplements to allow for ample growth hormone to be released during sleep. If you are taking a ZMA or ZMK type of product then sometimes the pre-bed meal isn't spaced far enough from the supplement to prevent the calcium in the pre-bed meal to buffer the effects of the ZMK.

If you drink too much water with any meal it will cause the food to sit in the gut longer because you've diluted stomach acid down causing the stomach to empty slower leading to a slower digestion rate.

Bottom line...these products work the best when right before bed and when not taken in the vacinity of calcium or food.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

I understand your view point. I eat 250g cottage cheese(not much carbs) before bed which is around 10-10:30 and ZMA around 8:30-9PM. Not ideal but I think it helps separate the calcium from the zinc at least some what. I would like to try out your products though because it seems to offer much more over ZMA. Now I just have to find a decent place in Canada to order it.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I understand your view point. I eat 250g cottage cheese before bed which is around 10-10:30 and ZMA around 8:30-9PM. Not ideal but I think it helps separate the calcium from the zinc at least some what. I would like to try out your products though because it seems to offer much more over ZMA. Now I just have to find a decent place in Canada to order it.
    Have you ever tried eating your cottage cheese at 9-9:30 and take the ZMA at 10:30? That would be a better scenerio in my opinion unless it leaves you fammished in the am. The casein stays active long enough that catabolism won't be an issue. ZMK is definately a better alternative to ZMA and would be a great addition to your arsenal. If you can't find a good distributor in Canada let me know and we'll work something out.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

No I haven't tried that actually but I thought that most likely the cottage cheese would take longer to digest than that.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

No I haven't tried that actually but I thought that most likely the cottage cheese would take longer to digest than that.

Complete digestion yes, but; it won't take long to clear the stomach and duodenum which is in fact want you want to accomplish before popping your ZMA. Give it a shot and see if it works a bit better for you.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Cool thanks, I'll try tomorrow. Already took my ZMA for today. Look forward to the samples.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    Because unfortunatelyy it doesn't work ideally that way. It should be taken in an environment as close to bed and as far way from calcium as possible for best effect.

I'm not an advocate to eating before bed regardless of the content as I've discussed here prior. There are many instances where your pre bed meal isn't ideal at all but some where it may be ok. If it contains any carbs or is large enough to cause any insulin spike then I would advise either cutting the meal in size or spacing further from sleep & sleep supplements to allow for ample growth hormone to be released during sleep. If you are taking a ZMA or ZMK type of product then sometimes the pre-bed meal isn't spaced far enough from the supplement to prevent the calcium in the pre-bed meal to buffer the effects of the ZMK.

If you drink too much water with any meal it will cause the food to sit in the gut longer because you've diluted stomach acid down causing the stomach to empty slower leading to a slower digestion rate.

Bottom line...these products work the best when right before bed and when not taken in the vacinity of calcium or food.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. take on empty stomach
    By manosduras in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 08:54 PM
  2. sd on empty stomach?
    By dess in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
  3. Empty stomach or no
    By Dancebot 2000 in forum Supplements