got cordygen5/citruvol ... need advice!

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%

got cordygen5/citruvol ... need advice!

I'm trying to figure out a way to most efficiently dose with these two things given my situation. i know that c5 calls for daily three cap dosing, with it taking 3-4 days to reach peak effectiveness. but for my sport, which is surfing, i could go 2 weeks with no waves, which means i could go for 2 weeks taking c5 for no real reason. then again, we could get a stretch of waves wherein i'd want c5's benefits every day for a week. in other words, i'm at the mercy of mother nature.
    so how about this. what if i did the daily 3 pill dose for 3-4 days to get the stuff in my system, then back off to ... what -- 1 tab a day? one tab or two tabs every two days? or what? -- and ramp up to full strength again when i know surf is on the way? think that'd work?
    i seem to recall some people getting good results *only* taking C5 prior to training -- ie not taking any on rest days -- but i can't find those posts again now that i'm looking for 'em. but that probably only works for a certain limited number of individuals and is not something i should bank on working for me, right?

question 2: the citruvol instructions call for taking four caps before an "event". it makes no mention of off days. that being the case, i'm assuming you don't, in fact, take it on off days. right? but that strikes me as a little odd, since it has cordygen5 as an ingredient, and if you're not taking it daily (as per c5's instructions) then is it still of use in the citruvol mix?

question 3: citruvol instructions say "avoid taking with protein." so that means I should cut out my pre-surf carb/protein shake (no-fat chocolate milk, with a half scoop of whey), right? sheesh. i love my carb/protein shake! but what's not clear to me is, if you take the citruvol 30 to 60 min before the "event," does that mean i shouldn't drink my shake *right* before the event (ie 30 to 60 min after taking the caps). How close is too close, is what i'm asking, i guess.

well, that's it for now. sorry to be so longwinded.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by flipp View Post
    I'm trying to figure out a way to most efficiently dose with these two things given my situation. i know that c5 calls for daily three cap dosing, with it taking 3-4 days to reach peak effectiveness. but for my sport, which is surfing, i could go 2 weeks with no waves, which means i could go for 2 weeks taking c5 for no real reason. then again, we could get a stretch of waves wherein i'd want c5's benefits every day for a week. in other words, i'm at the mercy of mother nature.
    so how about this. what if i did the daily 3 pill dose for 3-4 days to get the stuff in my system, then back off to ... what -- 1 tab a day? one tab or two tabs every two days? or what? -- and ramp up to full strength again when i know surf is on the way? think that'd work?
    i seem to recall some people getting good results *only* taking C5 prior to training -- ie not taking any on rest days -- but i can't find those posts again now that i'm looking for 'em. but that probably only works for a certain limited number of individuals and is not something i should bank on working for me, right?

question 2: the citruvol instructions call for taking four caps before an "event". it makes no mention of off days. that being the case, i'm assuming you don't, in fact, take it on off days. right? but that strikes me as a little odd, since it has cordygen5 as an ingredient, and if you're not taking it daily (as per c5's instructions) then is it still of use in the citruvol mix?

question 3: citruvol instructions say "avoid taking with protein." so that means I should cut out my pre-surf carb/protein shake (no-fat chocolate milk, with a half scoop of whey), right? sheesh. i love my carb/protein shake! but what's not clear to me is, if you take the citruvol 30 to 60 min before the "event," does that mean i shouldn't drink my shake *right* before the event (ie 30 to 60 min after taking the caps). How close is too close, is what i'm asking, i guess.

well, that's it for now. sorry to be so longwinded.
    In my opinion you should take all three Cordygen5 and all four Citruvol-XS 90-120 minutes before surfing. You can take your pre-surf car/protein drink 45-60 minutes pre-surf which should not only allow for the C5 and Cit-XS to take full effect but you get your surfing fuel too.

Use this protocol for days you surf and cut the dose back to 1 or 2 C5 and 2 Cit-XS on off days unless you are partaking in other sport or workout.

Thanks for the purchase! Let us know how it goes
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%

thanks, matt, i appreciate all your help, both here and before. great service!

i understand everything except the idea of taking cit-vs even on off days. the "official" instructions seem to suggest taking it only on event days. i take it your feeling is i'd do better taking it on off days as well?

well, lastly: think i ought to ramp up with c5 with 3 caps daily for 3-4 days and then go on 1-2 caps maintenance?

pax, flipp
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by flipp View Post
    thanks, matt, i appreciate all your help, both here and before. great service!

i understand everything except the idea of taking cit-vs even on off days. the "official" instructions seem to suggest taking it only on event days. i take it your feeling is i'd do better taking it on off days as well?

well, lastly: think i ought to ramp up with c5 with 3 caps daily for 3-4 days and then go on 1-2 caps maintenance?

pax, flipp
    You don't have to take Citruvol-XS on off days if you'd like to preserve your supply. In my opinion taking CM on off days allows me to use less on days I train. Experiment with it for a couple of outings and see what works best.

I would take the Cordygen5 at three caps per day for 4 consecutive days and then drop the dose back to 1-2 per day until you go surfing again or need more oxygen utilization, then bump it back to 3 caplets pre-surf.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.39%

thanks, matt, appreciate the help!

Similar Forum Threads

1. cordygen5/citruvol...
    By Kilo1636 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 03:02 PM
  2. citruvol xs
    By spartan300 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 03:27 PM
  3. MST Triple Threat (Kreaceps + Citruvol + Cordygen5)
    By whitedevil74 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 12:54 AM
  4. Citruvol and Cordygen5
    By lawnboy246 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 11:45 PM