Testing Ground

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
For those who are interested about how and where I talk of putting the MST, Nimbus and AN products to the test, here are a few pictures.

1.5 miles to the top!

Start:

middle:

sledge swingin spot!

summit:

Now, here is what I am doing. I bought myself a 60lb plate loaded weight vest and a 16lb sledge hammer. I already had some ankle weights. So, I have been walking this mountain 3 times per week, 2xloaded and 1 time with no load. My Dad does this with me and he is 52 years old. We carry the sledge with us all the way to the peak and then on the way back down we stop at the flat spot and swing the sledge and do lunges, squats and pushups. I am up to 300 swings right now and its a lung buster. On the unloaded climb my our fastest accent has been right at 21 minutes. Hopefully with some help from the Shred-XS, Cordygen5, Carnage and Poseidon I can shed 20lbs of flab and reduce my climb times. I'd love to make it to the top in under 19 minutes by this coming summer and push my sledge swings into the 500 range in 15 minutes or less.

This is the ultimate testing ground for MST type supplements along with Poseidon. We have did this climb in 100 degree weather and let me tell you it was brutal. I need all the help I can get with this bad boy!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, that is AWESOME!!!!

it's been years since I've gone mountain climbing. I miss it :(

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the more I see what other people do, the more i feel like a handicapped little girl :)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
the more I see what other people do, the more i feel like a handicapped little girl :)
X2 :D

Wow! That looks like a lot of work! Great job Fabulous One! I'm inspired to change things up a little now.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
:clap:

You never cease to amaze me FabOne! That's dedication at it's best. With your Dad right beside you on that climb...I see where you get your work ethic from...great job! :cheers:

Workin

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, Dad is 52 and he is making the climbs just as fast as I am. The only place I can pull ahead of him a bit is on the sledge swinging, but its not by much. Last workout I got 300 total swings and he got 250. If he had a tad bit more lung power he'd be a stud. He and I both need to drop about 30lbs though. When we get that weight off, we will be two conditioned monsters. Then, I'll start lifting again.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, Dad is 52 and he is making the climbs just as fast as I am. The only place I can pull ahead of him a bit is on the sledge swinging, but its not by much. Last workout I got 300 total swings and he got 250. If he had a tad bit more lung power he'd be a stud. He and I both need to drop about 30lbs though. When we get that weight off, we will be two conditioned monsters. Then, I'll start lifting again.
It's motivating just reading that!

Workin

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Dude! That's awesome!

I can totally relate with the father situation... My dad is 52 as well (lol) and he can still keep up with me in distance swimming... he is a nationally competitive rower, and he enjoys running the 5k whenever he feels like going for a brisk run. Totally cool! Cherish your father/son relationship bro!

Youthfulness and longevity to the both of you!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'll be doing some similar training over the next 1.5 months to prepare for a Grand Canyon backpacking trip on the new Hance trail..rated the worst trail in the Canyon.

No sledge swinging for me, but plenty of hiking up a 9,000 and 12,366 foot peaks with loaded pack to get conditioned.

Pictures of the San Francisco Peaks [Flagstaff Central]

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you this, the weighted walking makes a difference. I also think there are other benefits to it also. I haven't touched a weight since back in early July and last night I decided to go down to the barn and do a few deadlifts, I still pulled 465x1. Yeah its down just a bit from the 520 I pulled but I was on Epistane at the time. Give me a month of pulls and I'll be back over 500. Also I made the fastest unweighted climb I have made on the hill Tuesday of 20:27. When I get a few months of Cordygen5, Carnage, Drive, and Posiedon in my system, along with dropping another 20-30lbs I should be able to motor up the hill.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good luck on your endeavor, FO.

Weighted walking..uphill.. definitely burns cals like mad and increases endurance, or at least your perception of endurance tremedously.

I just like when I take off the pack and I feel like I can fly around. lol

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ain't that the truth! If you have a heart rate monitor it can really open your eyes up to the effect that having the extra load on your back will do. The highest I have pushed my heart rate up to is 179 bpm thus far. With the weightvest, ankle weights and sledge hammer(total 71lbs) it felt as if I was barely moving along and my heart was pounding. Now last Tuesday when we did the unweighted I pushed as hard and fast as I could and when my heart rate reached 178 it was absolute misery. Much different feel between the two but the same overall result.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have the heart rate of a hummingbird for some reason. I often reach 180 during tough climbs without too many ill effects..besides hating life.

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Same here. I can push pretty hard around 170-175bpm and maintain the pace, push to up to around 178bpm and pain starts to set in big time. The funny thing is that my breath rate is alot slower with the vest on than without even at the same heart rate.

The highest I have seen Dad push up to is around 158bpm and he acted like he was about to die and couldn't get his breath! Much different heart rates moving at the same pace.

I hope to see some great results from the Cordyceps, B-Alanine, and Poseidon on the climbs. I wonder if one will be able to push up to the same high heart rate but breathe much easier and maintain the high output for a longer time using the above supplements?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
With Cordy yes and Rhodiola helps as well. I've toyed around with a lot of supps for this use and those two stand out as does Citrulline malate, bilberry, ginseng and even ecdy.

But nothing beats simply sticking with it and pushing.

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Right, if there is no stick and push you are just throwing your money away. I see the Cordygen5, Carnage, and Poseidon as helping me in my main goal which is fat loss. If they can help me maintain or increase my work out put while on low calories they will be well worth the investment.

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Makes me wanna get pics of the track I do.
I filly my back pack with about 10kg of water, which now seems like nothing at all haha.
When I get to the end I pretty much fall down, but the feeling is amazing.

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I put it a monster this evening! 70lbs at the fastest I have pushed so far. Followed it up with 300 sledge hammer swings and 50 squats with my weight vest on.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I put it a monster this evening! 70lbs at the fastest I have pushed so far. Followed it up with 300 sledge hammer swings and 50 squats with my weight vest on.
thats cool! and thanks, just reading that is enough to wear me out and get me ready for bed ;)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Nice Job FO! That is very impressive! PR's make it all worth it.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up FabOne! Phenomenal job my friend!!! :box:

Workin

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
184lbs this morning boys!!! and thats with no fat burners yet. Just wait, just wait!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
184lbs this morning boys!!! and thats with no fat burners yet. Just wait, just wait!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Congrats FabOne! You have made some huge strides lately! All without the use of fatburners too? Impressive!
Keep up the great work!

I gotta go now that I'm inspired!

(shamefully heads towards the treadmill)