MST signs competitive bodybuilder Erich Blancaflor!

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MILLENNIUM SPORT TECHNOLOGIES signs competitive bodybuilder Erich Blancaflor!

- May 2007

Stats:
Name: Erich Blancaflor
Born: May 31, 1978 Fort Lewis, Washington
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: Off-season: 225
Contest: Contest: 197.25
Years Training: 15

Self Bio:
Born and raised in the Tacoma, Washington area. In high school I did the basic sports: football and track. I took to bodybuilding in my early high school years and did several bodybuilding competitions throughout my high school days.
I went on to pursue an education in Food Science and Human Nutrition at Washington State University, where I continued competing in bodybuilding.
In 2000 I chose to move to the Vancouver/Portland area to pursue a career in Food Manufacturing/production.
Since relocating to Vancouver, WA, I’ve met my soul-mate, Michelle, whom I am planning to marry soon. She is definitely a huge support in bodybuilding and in all my life. She’s helped me prepare and supported me through my recent competitive wins: 2002 Overall Empire Classic Championships, 2004 Overall Emerald Cup and 2005 Orange County Heavyweight division.
We have one son, Garrett, and we plan to grow our family larger.
I love to spend time with my family. We can have the best time doing anything or even nothing at all.

Inspiration:
Pat Tillman: His conviction to put aside his ego and eventually die for the greater good of United States is truly inspiring.
Mark Dougdale: the perfect balance of not jut physique, but more importantly: family, business, and bodybuilding.
Kenny “Flex” Wheeler: Such an inspirational physique. His new career on competition reporting is professionally inspiring.
Lee Labrada: exudes professionalism. His line of supplements was no surprise, considering the way he perfected his display of his physique.

Transformation:
13-years old: chubby kid about 170 lbs.
28-years old: 215 lbs @ 6-8% bodyfat

New Challenges:
Recent change in professional role. Working on moving up to heavyweight division.

Contest History: Competed in over 11 shows in Junior and Open Men never placing below 3rd place. Recent Overall wins in the 2002 Empire Classic and 2004 Emerald Cup as well as 2005 Orange County Heavyweight Champion.

Upcoming shows:
2007 Junior National Bodybuilding Championships (June 16th, Chicago, IL)
2007 USA Bodybuilding Championships (July 28th, Las Vegas, NV)

Erich Blancaflor on his Millennium Sport Technologies sponsorship:
First of all, I’d like to thank Matt Masuda w/ Millennium Sport Technologies for giving me the opportunity to represent the company. I am excited to represent a young, innovative and aggressive line of sport supplements that is looking to make an impact on strength athletes as well as endurance athletes.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like a great addition. Congrats to all involved.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, congrats to everyone involved! Great physique, btw.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Welcome aboard Erich! We are proud to have you along for the ride!

Everyone keep your eyes peeled for Erich. He will be storming onto the National scene very soon!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Erich is looking sick! He's definately the real deal!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt get any better than that.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Nice. He definately has a great physique. Along the lines of what I am after....

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Erich is looking sick! He's definately the real deal!
x2. That's also a pretty sweet watch he's sporting!! :eek: And, the maroon tighties bring out his skin color (no homo). :dance:

eblanaflor

Awards
THANK YOU MILLENNIUM SPORT!!

A huge Thanks to Millennium Sport for sponsorship for the Jr. Nationals and the USA Championships! It should be a great showing for me! With the help of my supp's I've been able to train like an ANIMAL!!! I swear, "Carnage" has helped me blast through those tough days. The Carnage is a BRILLIANT product, and with the others my VO2 max has gone through the roof!
Thanks to everyone that has posted such great comments about my physique. Believe me these comments help! It's not easy driving everyone you live/work with nuts just because of the Dieting!

To all: Good luck in all of your personal goals and keep your head up! Things are always possible you just have to be tenacious about getting it!

Take care,
Erich Blancaflor

:squat:

Last edited:
peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
THANK YOU MILLENNIUM SPORT!!

A huge Thanks to Millennium Sport for sponsorship for the Jr. Nationals and the USA Championships! It should be a great showing for me! With the help of my supp's I've been able to train like an ANIMAL!!! I swear, "Carnage" has helped me blast through those tough days. The Carnage is a BRILLIANT product, and with the others my VO2 max has gone through the roof!
Thanks to everyone that has posted such great comments about my physique. Believe me these comments help! It's not easy driving everyone you live/work with nuts just because of the Dieting!

To all: Good luck in all of your personal goals and keep your head up! Things are always possible you just have to be tenacious about getting it!

Take care,
Erich Blancaflor

:squat:

No prob man, fantastic physique.

I am glad you dig the Carnage I will be using it very soon. Good to hear, take care

eblanaflor

Awards
4 days out from Jr. Nationals!

Today marks 4 days out from the Jr. Nationals Competition in Chicago, IL. My fiancée, Michelle, and I will be flying out to Chicago on Thursday morning just in time to make it there for early weigh-in / check-in.
Michelle is doing the figure competition on Friday night and I am peaking for Saturday morning's Men's open pre-judging (Light-Heavyweight class).

This week is the culmination of about 3 tough months of dieting and missing NO workouts. Cardio has been every morning, with-out-fail, and focus has been borderline insanity. Anyone who knows about preparing for competition knows about the anxiety that accompanies the preparation. Michelle and I work hard at our jobs during the day and then every evening we head out to the gym. This scenario plays out for at least 3 months (for me) while getting ready for competition. Michelle knows her body really well and doesn’t start really dieting until she gets to about 6 weeks out (she knows what she's doing, but it usually worries me to death!).

Friends of ours say that I've made some great improvements to my physique since the last time I've been on stage. I'm glad to hear that! I really think that my back has been the most improved muscle group. I started my diet around the end of March weighing about 230. Funny thing about this is that just yesterday, I stepped on the scale and it read 222. That weight is while holding a ton of water because of sodium loading. I cut my sodium today and should be stripping water off in about 36 hours. I need to get to 198 lbs. to make the cut-off for Light-heavyweight class. Dropping water and carbing up a little before we go should get me there. It should look SICK!

Michelle woke up on Sunday morning a little bit dehydrated and she looked AMAZING! It made all my little last-minute concerns for her go away. She will look amazing for the competition.

We will pack on Wed. and fly out on Thursday. When the dust clears in Chicago, we'll be coming home for a much needed break from our normal grind! One week of eating and doing whatever we want! Then, it's back at it for me for another 6 weeks preparing for the USA Championships!

Special thanks goes out to the following people that have made SUCH a difference for preparing for the competition:
· Michelle (you are my the best thing that has ever happened to me!) - how you put up with me, I'll never know!
· Todd Scott - expert advice from an expert at competition prep.
· Christian Chambers - thanks for keeping my head straight and the MST connection
· MILLENNIUM SPORT TECHNOLOGIES (sponsor)- Millennium products have kicked ass for me during my preparation check them out at http://www.millenniumsport.net/
· Herm Blancaflor - always in my corner!
· Garrett Selfe - putting up with two cranky parents
· Andre Scott - excellent presentation advice
· Brett Gregory - true friend

CHICAGO - HERE WE COME!

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
Knock em dead man, from what I read you are really focused. I hope the hard work pays off!!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Erich, you are going to flat out kick ass. It sounds like you and Michelle are completely dialed in. Hang in there man, only four more days!

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Kick some ass Erich! Your dedication is outstanding and I am sure its going to pay off big!

eblanaflor

Awards
3 days out!

Hello everyone.
Started dropping water last night (by cutting sodium from the diet 30 hours ago). Weighing 210 right now and feeling very flat.
Tomorrow I'll eat about 350g carbs, Take a double serving of Kreaceps (Krealkalin and Vanadyl Sulfate), and double up on my Citruvol (NO2 dialator). Gotta get the weight down under 198 for weigh-in. Judging on how I feel right now, It's gonna hurt a little.
I've been eating chicken and Beef and a bit of veggies and almonds for 3 days now... READY FOR SOME CARBS!!!
The sacrifices we make will prove us stronger in the end!

CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!:bb3:

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the update and try to stay sane these next couple days.

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Almost that time Erich! Good luck!

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Congrats to Erich!!!

Out of 36 competitors in the light-heavyweight Erich placed 2nd!!!
Can I hear a "Hell Yeah!"

Congrats Erich! You deserve it!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah!! Great job, Erich. We're all very proud of you! :woohoo: :clap2:

eblanaflor

Awards
Jr. Nationals done... NEXT: USA's!!!

Everyone:
Thanks for all the great positive energy you all threw my way! I had a great time competing in Chicago! What a class! I was so elated to be called out FIRST in a group of 32 exceptionally conditioned athletes!:dance:

Taking nothing away from the class winner, Brandon Rey, I showed up with everything in place! I felt as though I couldn't have done anything different to get more 1st place votes, and I was only beat by 3 votes! I think getting placed that closely with an exceptional physique such as Brandon's was a HUGE compliment. The guy had Deltoids on top of his deltoids. :bb3:

Back on the chicken/Beef and rice/green beans. I'm planning to look even BETTER for the USA's in 6 weeks. (Although the Ice cream, steaks, burgers and pizza were all VERY much needed yesterday!):pizza:

****Special Thanks needs to be given to my Fiancee, she put up with a whole lot of *****ing, whining, complaining and gas, not to mention pro-tanning me about 16 times over the weekend!! and gauging my fullness/dryness... telling me to eat, drink, not to eat, not to drink...
Michelle, YOU ARE MY GODDESS!! *****:chick:

Thanks everyone!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
To all who are following Erich his next appearance is at the 2007 USA Bodybuilding Championships (July 28th, Las Vegas, NV) Look for him to kick ass like an eight legged ninja! :D

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
To all who are following Erich his next appearance is at the 2007 USA Bodybuilding Championships (July 28th, Las Vegas, NV) Look for him to kick ass like an eight legged ninja! :D
Sweet!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
For sure! :bb3:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
ncangey
Boy your pecs are sure coming along nicely
I've been hitting them hard 2x week lately, and have been focusing a lot more on form. Switched over to BB bench as well. Do you really notice that much of an improvement?! :blushes:

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
I've been hitting them hard 2x week lately, and have been focusing a lot more on form. Switched over to BB bench as well. Do you really notice that much of an improvement?! :blushes:
in a word.....perky

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Congrats again to Erich!

Erich placed 7th in the light heavy's. Great job bro!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn that fence needs the old FnF touch :eek:

Congrats Eric :D

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
In the least gay way possible...nice calves.