mst RagNOrok Elite chefbo log newpre workout

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
I have been chosen to log the new improved RagNOrok Elite preworkout. I have never tried it but I have logged notroceps and crea02 and loved them.

I will start when I get it should be soon.

just background on myself and training style.
just turned 53 last week and have been down with a shoulder injury /repair the last two months. Now I am no way back to full tilt yet hopefully December but I have begun training again. I am doing around 45 minutes no rest which has been my style for the last two years . 3-4 days a week depending on my schedule. I have adopted a full body training routine for each day to see how this works out and as of right now it is best suited for me with my physical therapy going on and limited movement in my shoulder/bicep. I had a complete tear of both muscles but due to me being in pretty good shape I am progressing rapidly with my therapy. my bicep actually has a better peak on it. Now I lost a lot of what I had worked so hard for in my legs, shoulders , back and chest but didn't gain a huge amount of fat even being strapped to a couch for two months. I started running and walking three times a week to stay in some sort of shape and just recently got back to the gym. two nights of workouts so far and both were great. around 40 minutes full on biceps, triceps , chest, legs and shoulders although mostly one armed movements. I start strength training this week at therapy so this should help. diet is been as it always has high in protein and good carbs, the right amount of fat. justhad blood screening done and I am a little high on ldl but that is due to lost in muscle mass. should be very fixable now that I am training again. Looking forward to this log and the supplement . thanks to Millenium for choosing me for this . lets get rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!
RagNOrok-ELITE-30_Dual-Image.png

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

I've delt with shoulder injuries/repair myself so hopefully I can lend some insights to your log/training.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for some Chefbo action

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Go get em chefbo. Should be very therapeutic!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Got it today .thanks for the samples too. Probably start monday or Tuesday. Everyone have a good weekend.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
first workout will be tomorrow evening for 40 minutes and I am still going very light on my recovering side. however I am doing light weight on my right delt at the pt's so we are getting there faster than expected. this will not be a normal log guys because of this but the overall product will do what it is suppose to for the rest of my body. I am hitting legs everyday I go to the gym usually doing a more full body workout than just one body part per day thing I am used to.should be fun though really miss the pwo's and the pump

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Do your thing, chefbo. Looking forward to see your impressions

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
chefbo - where are you at in your physical therapy for your shoulder/bicep? Are you doing PNF movements and such?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
chefbo - where are you at in your physical therapy for your shoulder/bicep? Are you doing PNF movements and such?
We just started last week with arom and resistance training. Light weight rows curls presses and Pushdowns. She told me I will progress better being in shape than someone who doesn't work out.so that is good news. I miss working my chest and back.they were just starting to widen and expand and I lost it all. Time to rebuild.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
That's a bummer, dude, but like you said, it's just time to rebuild. Just be dedicated and you'll come out of this thing even better.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
that s what I am thinking I seem to be responding better to what I am doing now. want to drop a little bellyfat to start and get back to hardening the arms and chest. weak point is always my legs . I seem to gain mass everywhere but them. I do get quite vascular there but that's about it . without squats it is an uphill battle. may have to see what happens in January when I am fully back.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, squats are undoubtedly a great lift, but just do what you can. We'll be here, watching creepily in the corner.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We just started last week with arom and resistance training. Light weight rows curls presses and Pushdowns. She told me I will progress better being in shape than someone who doesn't work out.so that is good news. I miss working my chest and back.they were just starting to widen and expand and I lost it all. Time to rebuild.
Are you using the rubber bands at all for any PNF movements though? These are typically some of the first exercises that are done in PT, way before using dumb bells. Ask your doc / therapist about PNF D1/D2 movements for the rotator cuff and chest/pecs. PNF movements are the safest movements that cover the full ranges of motion while being VERY safe on the joint/repair. You will also want to be doing internal and external rotations using the resistance bands

I wanted to let you know about these because I was able to make decent gains just using these movements for a while, during physical therapy. Band therapy will be ideal in your situation. It will all come back!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
they have me doing pushdowns, standing rows, and curls all cable at 5 lbs. presses and trap extensions ( like being in a press position and flexing upward) 5 and 1 lbs dbs. stretches with a therapy bar, door way stretches and walking the wall with my hand over head. I have great range of motion over head and laterally its just side to side I have shorter range if that makes sense. its not something anyone uses a lot but it must effect the shoulder somehow. at the gym I do 25 lb curls left hand and 5-8 right . same with pushdowns all one handed, rows usually 8 pound max. the only thing I do with 25 lbs is shrugs and there has been no pain while doing it. most of the pain is in the downward motion. those 1 lbers had me pumped the other day did two sets of ten and my tris were on fire!
may take my pwo before to see what will happen! I'm supplementing with joint support , test booster and fish oil anyway to help things along. I took ragNOrok last night to judge the taste. not bad , pineapple isn't my favorite but if I just shoot it down it doesn't matter. not overly stimmed for me which is what I like most. I am really wanting to see what kind of pump I get . i'll probably wait until this evening when I go to the gynm to let t work its majic. thanks for the help and advise that is what I am here for.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good!

Are you using the safety bar to squat with (the one with handles that extend out front) or is your range of motion fine enough for holding a barbell on your back now?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
I wish we had a draper bar that would be awesome. i use one hand before the surgery. Haven't done any since. Smith machine is my go to if I do them.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
got in a session after physical therapy yesterday.
full body sans abs

4/25 of:
leg curls and extensions

4/25 seated incline cable press
4/25 cable fyes
bentover laterals 4/25

4/25 dip machine
4/15 pushdowns

super set
4/10 reverse curls /straight curls/bentover rows
same weight

calf raises 4/25 or failure each leg
wrist curls 4 sets 10 lbs

all we done with lighter than usual weight because I am just getting back to it. usually 100 max on dip , 60 on press, 20 on cable flyes and chest flyes
legs I did 60 pounds per set.

calf raises was 35 plus bar
reverse curls and straight bar curls were 40.

no issue with shoulder or bicep and they feel fine today. I am making a mind to muscle connection because I can feel my muscles contract on every movement . which is something it took me along time to achieve. I believe it is still there in my system. I am getting great contraction on all movements. I am pumped thinking how this will all play out when I am back full on.

ragNOrok did fine took it about an 1 hour before with , joint support, cre 02 and fish oil. I think I will crank it up a half a scoop seems to wear off and not holding the pump as I expected. we will see what that does. took the zmk last night before bed and got some great sleep. thumbs up on that for sure. I need a good bcaa to accompany this ride . any suggestions?

finally seeing some limited vascularity in my arms and legs. that is the stuff that gets me going. on to the next one.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
got in a session after physical therapy yesterday.
full body sans abs

4/25 of:
leg curls and extensions

4/25 seated incline cable press
4/25 cable fyes
bentover laterals 4/25

4/25 dip machine
4/15 pushdowns

super set
4/10 reverse curls /straight curls/bentover rows
same weight

calf raises 4/25 or failure each leg
wrist curls 4 sets 10 lbs

all we done with lighter than usual weight because I am just getting back to it. usually 100 max on dip , 60 on press, 20 on cable flyes and chest flyes
legs I did 60 pounds per set.

calf raises was 35 plus bar
reverse curls and straight bar curls were 40.

no issue with shoulder or bicep and they feel fine today. I am making a mind to muscle connection because I can feel my muscles contract on every movement . which is something it took me along time to achieve. I believe it is still there in my system. I am getting great contraction on all movements. I am pumped thinking how this will all play out when I am back full on.

ragNOrok did fine took it about an 1 hour before with , joint support, cre 02 and fish oil. I think I will crank it up a half a scoop seems to wear off and not holding the pump as I expected. we will see what that does. took the zmk last night before bed and got some great sleep. thumbs up on that for sure. I need a good bcaa to accompany this ride . any suggestions?

finally seeing some limited vascularity in my arms and legs. that is the stuff that gets me going. on to the next one.
As far as BCAAs, I've always preferred Scivation's Xtend. We also have a BCAA product, RPG iBCAA, that has received high praise.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
cool thanks

another fine workout in the books last night.

took 1 1/2 scoops of ragNOrok 45 minutes prior and it was much better from a pump perspective .

did a little higher weight on the arms but really watching what I am doing. not going to the pain threshold yet.

super set 1

incline smith bench 45lbs 4 sets 10
shrugs 4 set s15 30,30,35,35

super set 2
straight bar pushdowns- 4 sets 15 60lbs
ez bar curls cable -4 sets 10-45lbs

super set 3
reverse curls ez bar-bar only 4 sets 10
hammers - 4sets 15 20lbs

rope pushdowns-4 sets 30 slow

leg press 50 reps -20,10,10,10- 420lbs

calf press same weight and progression

talk a bout a burn 15 second rest in between legs wer totally full ( as full as bird legs can get ,lol)

really good feeling that I haven't had since june , love that pump! shoulders did great really slow on the incline press . that was the one I though would give me trouble. I tried lat pulldown crunches but could grasp the bar right so I quit. overall very happy with it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice volume, e'specially those leg presses!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
going for another workout today. shoulder is feeling stronger all the time. no pain this morning mostly tightness in my back . could be form all the shrugs I have been doing. I am hitting traps hard every session trying to jar some movement in them. same with legs. I know I will need to start eating a lot more but with me not being full on I don't want to explode with a lot of extra fat from lack of intensity in my workouts. maybe wait until Christmas to start loading on the calories .

running around maintenance right now. took my noxitropin last night and another great night of sleep.. Depending on the number of people at the y today will make a difference in what I get accomplished so I will log it later.

main goals are ;
traps
legs
back
arms
I do little sessions of delts but don't want to push it.

except for legs weight is way less than normal but be off three months and see what happens!

everyone have a great training day and spend time with the ones you love . you never know!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kill it Chefbo!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear your shoulder is feeling stronger, bro. Keep up the good work and you're right about spending time with loved ones

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Whoa what a workout!
hit legs hard. 5 sets each squats and presses
just 105 for squats got to mind the pressure on my shoulder. Stayed deep though.
presses 408 10 to 15 reps each superset with calf press.

shrugs 3 different angles and ways. 15 eeps 5 sets
plate shrugs 45
db 30s
kettle bell 40

bis and tris
straight bar push down 52
seated curls 20s
hammers 20s
5 sets ea 10 to 15

tried inclne press no go too much pain. Did get in two sets on cg bench no weight just the bar low and slow.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
legs are kicking my ass today love that next day feeling . lets me know i did it right!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love that feeling too. Nice leg sesh Chefbo!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
abs and arms tonight
at home in my little room of a gym, got to totally alienate my arms. very quick session minimal rest (15 seconds betweens sets of 50 reps)

super super sets
ez bar curls, pushdowns, kickbacks, db skullcrushers, db curls with hammers to finish.

frigging arms are splitting. nice to see some veinage again long time my friend.

took two scoops ragNOrok two hours ago and it still kicked in full on! amazing , no way i would have thought it would have done that. most are the quick buzz of the skull about 15 20 minutes after consumption . i was just blow away at the pump i got.my arms have lost most of everything i had achieved. they were jsut getting were i was proud of them and then the shoulder and bicep went. lost itall. but i had the feeling the break was a blessing in disguise . sometimes you need to take a break to let you body regroup and they turn it on again. it is happening to me . i am seeing more fullness and shape in my muscles just with the small amount of weight i can move these days. still no chest or overhead movements like lat exercises minimal back but even though i like were this is going. feeling good is good enough for now.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, man. It's tough, but sometimes a step back will leave you better off in the long term.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking great man, glad your shoulder is feeling better and everything is coming back. When I had the same injury/surgery, I used a lacrosse ball between my body and the wall and it really made a difference in trigger points around the scapular region. I found that most of my tightness was around the shoulder blades and traps.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Headed out for alate workout session. Trying ti get in some back work tonight.
Possible bentover rows
Shrugs
Front raises
Light weight lateral raise
Incline reverse fly
Seated laterals

Going slow and light don't want to snap anything up.check in later.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Can't wait to see how everything goes. Kill it!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
really sore in my shoulder this morning after last night s session.

started out with bentover db rows-20's
front raises-20's
bentover bb rows-65
seated db curls-20's
flat db press-20's
barbell press-55,65
standing lateral raise-8lbs
3 circuits of 10-15
really had a great pump and could see a lot of vascularity in my delts and chest. was overly sore this morning could be the workout could be that I slept on that side all night. either way I need to watch it. that is one reason I did such light weight.

got that good old rush and tingle before I got there. seem to be liking this a lot.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Ice is your friend! You might also be interested in our Joint Mechanic Plus product while you're rehabbing that shoulder. I still take it to this day.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
may have to look into that. thanks . feelling a lot of pain in my bicep too. I wonder if it is coming from sleeping on it. I am gonna try to lay off it for a couple of night to see if that helps . got me worried though that I may have injured it again. hope not , since I haven't been pushing any weight that would matter.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, a nice joint supp could really do wonders. I don't blame ya for laying off for a couple of nights though. No point in risking it. Hope it feels better soon, bro.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Definitely want to try to prop yourself with pillows at night so that you don't roll over onto that shoulder, at least for a little while longer. I took me a while before I could sleep on it again. The bicep pain is likely from training I think though. Have to be careful to stretch and warmup before working it now, there's a chance to develop bicep tendonitis, so you'll need to be careful. How long's it been since surgery again?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Started a eat clean train dirty challenge. 5days of 1 gal. of water at least a day, 30 minutes of walking or running and then various exercises changed daily. Second dsy and feeling clean and healthy. Physical therapy went great today and still had enough time for walking and an upper body session before getting the kids from school. Shrugs, rear delt rows, seated and standing db curls, upright cable curls, one arm low cable curls, incline press dbs.
Thought i had reinjured mt arm but it feels grest today must be the weather it hss turned cool lately.I guess that is the price I will have to pay for the surgery. So be it.at least i can train again. Did a small work out last night, ragnorok and noxtropin mixed .gave me the pump but let me relax too. It was late and I didn't wantvto stay up al night that is the reason i did it.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the weather can definitely get you aching. Glad to hear you're feeling good though

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get all kinds of wrist issues when the weather turns too.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've felt the weather getting to my shoulder a bit this week, for a day or two. Good to hear it's feeling better

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
sorry for the lack of logging lately. been working a lot of hours and those not working family events have kept me busy.

pt has been going good getting more flexible everyday. up to 90% range of motionnow. still having to seep elevated though.

been doing most of what workouts I can get in in my home basement gym with is limited .

got in a small one last night all around body.

took my supps 30 minutes before , kicked in good prior to hitting the iron.
started with two leg ex. seated extenstions and standing onel legged curls.
4 sets to failure at 60 lbs on extensions and 4 sets of 8- failure on curls 30 lbs

went to chest, lats , back and arms

all dbs
press, 4x10
seated curls 4 10
bentover wide rows 4x15
bentover reverse rows 4x10
shrugs 4-failure
got a good pump , but even more really getting a connection with my muscles. really have control with them more now than ever.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great to hear! The pumps and focus really help that mind muscle connection.

For sleep post surgery, I had pushed my bed into the corner of my room and kind of slept on an angle with the pillows in the corner when I had to sleep elevated. Doing this helped keep my pillows in place and prevented me from rolling onto my side.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Got in a good leg session .started with a two sets curls at 60.
4 sets each.
Curls-80,90,90,100
Extensions-090,100,120,120
Deadlifts-155
Presses-320
Calf presses-320
Good pump. Just getting back into the heavier routines even though by mist standard these are all light but work for me. Constant time under tension, even tempo through the whole session real mind muscle connection. Solid!