1. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quest for Success vol#2 - Pumpin to the Ahhhnold

Hello Everyone, and welcome to the 2nd edition of my "Quests for Success". The 1st edition brought you through my journey to getting faster and more competitive for this past summers tennis tournaments. Although I did not secure gold in any of my tourneys...I do feel that I got faster, more talented, and actually quite stronger as well. This edition...means A LOT to me.

I have spoken with Matt about hopefully meeting up at the Arnold Classic in early March to Represent MST to the fullest. It'd be nice to meet some of the guys and have a nice weekend surrounded by a bunch of people with the same concept as myself. There is one problem with that....I don't feel physically ready to be there

That is where the Quest vol#2 comes in. Please join me from October 6th until March 6th as I not only try to drop more fat...but to gain a little mass and strength as well. I am in the process of formulating my 1st 4-6 weeks worth of workout types...but by monday when I kick off the log, I should be ready! Any advice is openly accepted and welcomed at all times.

Most importantly....thank you so much for reading along. The support is really what keeps me pushing towards my goals. It's that extra repetition...or that last few steps out of the 10th mile.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  263 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.51%

I would be all about the power routines in the first 4-6 weeks, since starting powerlifting (April 08) I've developed more back and shoulder mass then ever before. Not only will you be developing MASS and STRENGTH but you will also find that you're burning so many calories that (if you keep your diet in check) you'll definitely see some pure fat loss. Don't believe the hype that all of us powerlifters are fat-a$$es. Just let me know if you need any help in with you plan creation.
  3. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa S View Post
    I would be all about the power routines in the first 4-6 weeks, since starting powerlifting (April 08) I've developed more back and shoulder mass then ever before. Not only will you be developing MASS and STRENGTH but you will also find that you're burning so many calories that (if you keep your diet in check) you'll definitely see some pure fat loss. Don't believe the hype that all of us powerlifters are fat-a$$es. Just let me know if you need any help in with you plan creation.
    This was what I was thinking of doing. I wanted to research some splits and see what kind of ratio I should work with as far as %of1rm vs. reps/sets. I'd appreciate any help you could give bro, thanks
    www.millenniumsport.net
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

in!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    This was what I was thinking of doing. I wanted to research some splits and see what kind of ratio I should work with as far as %of1rm vs. reps/sets. I'd appreciate any help you could give bro, thanks
    Bro, I do that professionally, give me some numbers to crunch and I'll provide as much detail as possible.

I agree with power movements being the most effective for conditioning and kcal burn, as high velocity movements do burn the most calories. Combine the high velocity aspect with the compound movement aspect and you've got a metabolism jacking equation.

However, not as effective at hypertrophy as traditional bodybuilding principles, concentration, volume, in the complete absence of momentum, as power movements heavily rely on.

I have great power lifting, total body splits, geared toward conditioning, super charging the metabolism, not maximizing peak power output (as would only be conducive for athletes or competitive lifters).

If conditioning and fat burn is your prime concern, performing power lifts in the lower numbers/higher intensities would not be most conducive to your goals. Maximizing power output routines aren't as effective as volume focused, total body power routines as far as conditioning is concerned.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

In.
  7. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Bro, I do that professionally, give me some numbers to crunch and I'll provide as much detail as possible.

I agree with power movements being the most effective for conditioning and kcal burn, as high velocity movements do burn the most calories. Combine the high velocity aspect with the compound movement aspect and you've got a metabolism jacking equation.

However, not as effective at hypertrophy as traditional bodybuilding principles, concentration, volume, in the complete absence of momentum, as power movements heavily rely on.

I have great power lifting, total body splits, geared toward conditioning, super charging the metabolism, not maximizing peak power output (as would only be conducive for athletes or competitive lifters).

If conditioning and fat burn is your prime concern, performing power lifts in the lower numbers/higher intensities would not be most conducive to your goals. Maximizing power output routines aren't as effective as volume focused, total body power routines as far as conditioning is concerned.

What kind of numbers do you need? I am all about receiving any help possible. I have never personally *power* lifted...i've mostly just done fairly managable weight with a decent amount of reps to tear up some fat and give a little muscle. Never have I had the desire that I have now to add some sheer strength and mass. Then I figure i'll cut it towards the last few months of the log, haha. I'm crazy

PM me if you want and we can figure it out that way. I saw a split that may work kinda well for me...but i'd like to see what you think first and maybe I can shoot that one over to you to see if you have any input.

Any other help is more than welcome too everyone. I'm glad to see a few people subbed already
    www.millenniumsport.net
  8. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.01%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Im in for support broski!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I'm in for the support brother! See you at the arnold in march as well. Rpn shall be there!

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

10. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I'm in for the support brother! See you at the arnold in march as well. Rpn shall be there!
    Sweet deal. I'm amped to meet everyone that will be there from AM. That's a big trip for you coming from Florida!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Sweet deal. I'm amped to meet everyone that will be there from AM. That's a big trip for you coming from Florida!
    I was just out at the Olympia with RPN. AWESOME time bro! I'm so down for the arnold.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

12. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I was just out at the Olympia with RPN. AWESOME time bro! I'm so down for the arnold.
    haha compared to the O...this trip is nothing then

I'll be looking forward to meeting up!!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  13. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

After a lot of contemplating...I am going to be doing various changes for my bcaa/eaa supplementation.

For part of the log I will continue to run Purple Wraath like I am taking now. When that runs out, I am going to switch over to Ice by Xtreme Formulations to see how I like it. I was amped about that stuff because of the added glutamine which i've wanted to throw in anyway. After that, I am either going back to PW w/ some added glut, staying with Ice, or trying Xtend w/ added glut. Should be fun I've got 5 months to play with

On a sad note, I picked up 2 tubs of Evolution X10 by Star Chem Labs because a long time ago I tried a sample and had a vicious workout. Today I was in a hurry and didn't read the label over and just saw it has a fairly solid amount of creatine involved. I was just going to use that for bcaa and glut....but I don't want to kill my body with the excess of creatine from Evolution X10 and my beloved Cre-02...so I posted the Evolution in the supps area for sale. Damnit.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  14. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.67%

Subbed for another great log.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%

So extra creatine is bad? I always dump a bunch of it (10g+) in my intra-workout drink because it's so cheap. I always thought it was one of those supps you could do that with.

Am I going to die?

Do I need to write a will?

Do I need to notify my family of imminent kidney failure?

What's HAPPENING TO ME?!!
  16. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.01%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    So extra creatine is bad? I always dump a bunch of it (10g+) in my intra-workout drink because it's so cheap. I always thought it was one of those supps you could do that with.

Am I going to die?

E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  17. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Am I going to die?

hahaha nice.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm in for this thang!
  19. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium 1 View Post
    I'm in for this thang!
    The creator of my addictions has decided to follow. I can dig it

I will be posting a pic later tonight to show my arsenal for part of the log. It's fun. There are 2 things not shown...I will describe later
    www.millenniumsport.net
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%

In to watch you succeed for the Arnold!
  21. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

The Starting Lineup of your 2008-2009 CTDeuce's :

(from left to right)

Mst Cordygen 5
    Mst Cordygen v02
    Mst Citruvol Xs
    Mst Cre-02
    Mst Carnage
    Mst Mvp365
    Mst Hardcore Shred Xs
    Mst Somnidren GH
    Mst Zmk
    Nature Made fish oils
    Prosource Phosphatidyl Serine
    Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

not available for photo today :

LG Sciences Slin
    Xtreme Formulations ICE
    Prosource Nytrowhey Extreme
    AlltheWhey Blend
    AlltheWhey Isolate

**Products likely to change as I rotate around during the 5 month period. Have never used Phosphatidyl Serine so I will see how I feel about it and that will determine for more or not. After my PW runs out, I will start ICE and see how I like that. I dig the idea of adding Glutamine. Also trying Slin for the first time. Anabolic Pump did not so much work for me....so we shall see if this is any different for me
    www.millenniumsport.net
  22. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    In to watch you succeed for the Arnold!
    Glad to see ya along for the ride C!

I got a chance to see the pics btw...great work!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i hope to see ya at the Arnold, man! i'll be in on this one. hit me with a PM if you have ANY questions at all, as i don't get on the boards quite as much as i'd like during school.
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/189130-iforce-intimidate-log.html
    iForce INTIMIDATE Log/Review
  24. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

thanks man. I hope we can meet up out there too! I think it'll be fun
    www.millenniumsport.net
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%

I'm not a huge fan of professional bodybuilding. Not that I don't like it, I just never got that involved; however, I'd like to check out the Arnold this year. If I do go, I will MOST DEFINITELY be doing the 5k Pump and Run.

We need to make a thread come January or something so we can post if we are going are not. An AM reunion would be pretty cool, I think. 1st Annual!
  26. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.67%

I'm in for this thang!
    Hey Matt how are you my friend? Good to see you again.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
  27. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.67%

The Starting Lineup of your 2008-2009 CTDeuce's :

(from left to right)

Mst Cordygen 5
    Mst Cordygen v02
    Mst Citruvol Xs
    Mst Cre-02
    Mst Carnage
    Mst Mvp365
    Mst Hardcore Shred Xs
    Mst Somnidren GH
    Mst Zmk
    Nature Made fish oils
    Prosource Phosphatidyl Serine
    Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

not available for photo today :

LG Sciences Slin
    Xtreme Formulations ICE
    Prosource Nytrowhey Extreme
    AlltheWhey Blend
    AlltheWhey Isolate

**Products likely to change as I rotate around during the 5 month period. Have never used Phosphatidyl Serine so I will see how I feel about it and that will determine for more or not. After my PW runs out, I will start ICE and see how I like that. I dig the idea of adding Glutamine. Also trying Slin for the first time. Anabolic Pump did not so much work for me....so we shall see if this is any different for me
    Hey Deuce what is your address I want to(steal your stash)send you a letter
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Hey Matt how are you my friend? Good to see you again.
    Hey Don! Things here are busy! LOL Hopefully all is well with you. Sorry about Tom Brady
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Haha! That's sick Chuck!

I see you have an old bottle of Carnage....Let's get you switched out for the good schtuff
  30. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Haha! That's sick Chuck!

I see you have an old bottle of Carnage....Let's get you switched out for the good schtuff
    Thats what I was thinking

I just feel bad not using supps ya know? haha. Like I was tellin you before...I still have most of a bottle of kreaceps yet too and I need to find someone that digs kre-alk around here and give them a birthday present, haha. Now with Cre-02... i'll never be using another creatine product.

ps - I knew you'd dig the shrine. Not pictured are the Kreaceps and 3 tubs of rok.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  31. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

I'm not a huge fan of professional bodybuilding. Not that I don't like it, I just never got that involved; however, I'd like to check out the Arnold this year. If I do go, I will MOST DEFINITELY be doing the 5k Pump and Run.

We need to make a thread come January or something so we can post if we are going are not. An AM reunion would be pretty cool, I think. 1st Annual!
    Yeah that would be awesome to have everyone meet up. I have never actually been to a bb style competition or anything....but i'm more so going for MST and for the opportunity to meet some people. I think it will be cool to watch some events like strongman, PL, and martial arts though. My girlfriend is going to hate it...which means I owe her a vacation to do whatever she wants.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  32. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Hey Deuce what is your address I want to(steal your stash)send you a letter
    oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.....I love letters!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

oh snap, im definitely in. partially for the log, mostly for the chatter and the epic eating that will ensue. not to mention the food will probably be good for those on the cut (im guessing).

either way, good luck man. im hoping to make it to the arnold too, not to rep of course, but for the goodies and the show. i got to go to the olympia this year (met trauma and a couple others) and it was a great time.

whats the diet going to be like?
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i like that idea too. whoever drives needs to bring a portable bbq and we should do an AM style tailgate party outside the arnold haha. grill up steaks, chicken, and of course, some baked sweet potatoes, you know, for the antioxidants
  35. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    oh snap, im definitely in. partially for the log, mostly for the chatter and the epic eating that will ensue. not to mention the food will probably be good for those on the cut (im guessing).

either way, good luck man. im hoping to make it to the arnold too, not to rep of course, but for the goodies and the show. i got to go to the olympia this year (met trauma and a couple others) and it was a great time.

whats the diet going to be like?
    I'm glad you dropped by

I am going to be tweaking the diet as I go along. I mostly listen to what my body tells me and I run with that. For my last log I was running anywhere between 250-500 cals under my TEE levels. For this log I will bump that up to right around TEE but now I will be doing more powerlifting style lifts...or adding weight to the ones I was doing before (ie - clean and press) so I think the extra cals will mostly come post w/o and they will help with my overall goals for this log.

I have 5 months to play around with here...so i'm going to make sure to utilize all my senses and try to figure out the best options for me. If I think i'm not building enough at my TEE cal intake, I will up it. If I think i'm putting on too much fat, I will adjust. etc.

Monday starts the fun. I am about to send a PM to the Volcinator and we are going to work something out together. I already have a very structured idea of what I want to run....just can't hurt to have a cscs's opinion on the matter
    www.millenniumsport.net
  36. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.67%

Hey Don! Things here are busy! LOL Hopefully all is well with you. Sorry about Tom Brady

So am I he was my #1 pick in a $$$ fantasy football league
  37. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.67%

I'm glad you dropped by

I am going to be tweaking the diet as I go along. I mostly listen to what my body tells me and I run with that. For my last log I was running anywhere between 250-500 cals under my TEE levels. For this log I will bump that up to right around TEE but now I will be doing more powerlifting style lifts...or adding weight to the ones I was doing before (ie - clean and press) so I think the extra cals will mostly come post w/o and they will help with my overall goals for this log.

I have 5 months to play around with here...so i'm going to make sure to utilize all my senses and try to figure out the best options for me. If I think i'm not building enough at my TEE cal intake, I will up it. If I think i'm putting on too much fat, I will adjust. etc.

Monday starts the fun. I am about to send a PM to the Volcinator and we are going to work something out together. I already have a very structured idea of what I want to run....just can't hurt to have a cscs's opinion on the matter

Another log begins Monday from the Deuce looking forward ro it bro.
  38. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.43%

in ftw!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.69%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Look what I found. Can't wait for the Arnold myself CT. It's gonna be fun.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  40. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.08%

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    in ftw!
    sweet!
    www.millenniumsport.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which to believe? Quest Ultra E2 or Standard Quest E2?
    By pcgizzmo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. Quest for Success vol. #1
    By CTDeuce in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 03:00 PM
  3. What is success
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 01:05 PM