David Dunn's MileHighKratom Experiment and Review

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Moderator

David Dunn's MileHighKratom Experiment and Review

Thanks to @heavyiron and @Montego1 for the opportunity to log my experience with Kratom Store products.

I have been selected to log my experience with their Red Vein Thai Kratom and Private Reserve Bali Kratom

Kratom – The legal Opiate Alternative

Name:  IMG_0984.JPG
Views: 486
Size:  184.0 KB

Red Vein Thai - my goal for the use of this strain is pretty simple. I'm looking to find a sweet spot dose to achieve a pain free stress relief and a deep relaxation. I have some issues with insomnia and unrestful sleep. I also have lingering neck, back and knee pains as well as rehabilitating a distal bicep tendon reattachment surgery. I am hopeful that it will help me achieve these goals.

I'll be candid - I have had the opportunity (or curse) to have experimented with recreational opiate use (or abuse) and in recent years have been prescribed opiates for pain management for injuries and surgeries. Although synthetic opiates are not the first choice they certainly do provide the euphoric sedation and deep relaxation that my body and mind sometimes desires. My hope is that I can find a similar experience with Red Vein Thai Kratom. It will be dosed at night shortly before bed time.

Private Reserve Bali - my goal for the use of this product may not be so simple. I am looking for a sustainable elevated mood and non-jittery stimulant free energy and focus. My days are long. My life has challenges. I often get overwhelmed by finances, the mounting cost of home and vehicle repairs, doctor bills, supporting a teen-aged daughters gymnastics and cheerleader lifestyle as well as the daunting dark cloud of financial unpreparedness for retirement. The job is just that - a job. I am under utilized, under challenged, sedentary and bored yet paid pretty well. I tend to see the down side before I look for the upside. I tend to project the negative outcome of material and finance challenges.

I'm looking to experience a sustainable positive mental attitude that can propel me to conquer some of my old negative thinking patterns as well as generate clarity and focus to compose a project plan to complete a host of home and vehicle projects on my own that can be very cost effective and financially advantageous if done myself. It would also be nice to be happier in my work. It will be dosed in the morning.
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

2. Moderator

Saved for final review
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.
    •   

3. Moderator

Opening post complete for the most part. I will update/revise it as dose and plan details require.

Red Vein Thai Kratom - First dose: 3g @9:00PM Mountain Time. Will follow up with an update of my experience.

I'm going to cuddle on my couch with my bride and daughter

4. Subbed! Can't wait to get mine and try this stuff out.
    Training & everything else log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/275307-bam-bam-goes-30.html

5. subbed.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

*This Space Available. Rep 4 Hire
    •   

6. Thank you for the review brother!

Be careful taking this too close to bedtime. Maybe back it up a few hours. It has a mild stim effect right up front that then transitions to a more sedated effect. I like mine after dinner.

7. Subbed my friend
    The more I progress, the more I want to progress
  8. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Thank you for the review brother!

Be careful taking this too close to bedtime. Maybe back it up a few hours. It has a mild stim effect right up front that then transitions to a more sedated effect. I like mine after dinner.
    OK. Day ran later than I had hoped and therefore dinner was too.

Curious. How long after or before a meal is optimum dosing time? I'm a big fan of empty stomach dosing but life's schedules can makes it difficult at times.

I'm at work on my phone at lunch. I'll give a little feedback on my first dose when I get done with my day.

Thanks to the others for following.

9. I normally have mine with a light meal or about an hour before a meal.

Taking with food doesn't have much effect on the potency for myself.
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    OK. Day ran later than I had hoped and therefore dinner was too.

Curious. How long after or before a meal is optimum dosing time? I'm a big fan of empty stomach dosing but life's schedules can makes it difficult at times.

I'm at work on my phone at lunch. I'll give a little feedback on my first dose when I get done with my day.

Thanks to the others for following.
    My meals are usually pretty small. Maybe 6-8 oz meat and 1/2-3/4 cup of carbs. I like food in my stomach every time I dose. If I eat a large meal it seems to blunt the effect a little bit but small meals seem to have no change in effect. My guess is you will need to experiment for yourself to find your sweet spot.

My sweet spot is around 6-8 grams after a small meal.
  11. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Red Vein Thai Kratom - First dose: 3g @9:00PM Mountain Time. Will follow up with an update of my experience.
    By the time I laid down to bed at about 10:00 I did feel a mild calmness. Not very considerable but noticeable non the less. I woke a couple hours after initially falling asleep (not unusual) and I noticed a slight warm feeling in my upper back, neck, head and face. Interesting as it was 68 in my bedroom.

I never experienced anything really sedative or euphoric throughout the rest of the night.

When I woke this morning the headache I have been experiencing for the last week or so had passed. I still had a mild calmness as I prepared and then drove to work. I then noticed on my drive in to work that my soreness/aches of my neck and upper back was diminished. I turned my neck a good bit either way and it was not really sore. I find that to be a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately my headache was back by mid day and has been with me since.

I trained back and shoulder this evening so all bets are off on my neck in the morning. I will be very pleased in the event that I wake to be pain free.

At 6:30PM tonight I completed a small post workout meal consisting of a fist sized piece of breast of a rotisserie chicken, .4lb mashed potatoes and 16oz chocolate milk (Basha's deli - my daughter cheered a basketball game tonight so I was desperate).

Red Vein Thai Kratom - Second dose: 6g @7:30PM Mountain Time. I will follow up with feedback at my next opportunity.

Thanks!
  12. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Red Vein Thai Kratom - Second dose: 6g @7:30PM Mountain Time. I will follow up with feedback at my next opportunity.

Thanks!
    My experience last night was impressive.

By 9:30 my headache was almost completely gone. By about 10:00 I had to pay attention to see if it still hurt. It was at about that point that I can confirm that I indeed did experience a mild opiate experience. It was similar to that of about 75, maybe 100 mg of Tramadol. Mild tingles and itchy scratchy skin that comes with it as well. Check in the mirror and my pupils were pin point tiny just like Tramadol.

At 10:15 I was in bed. Same warmth about my shoulders, neck, face and head in my cool bedroom.

Very relaxed and quite tranquil. Laid in my cool bed which happens to be a TemperPedic and as it warmed to my body heat and shape I experienced a really nice cradling and cozy feeling and I started to fade into a mild dream state. I was not quite sleeping but in more like a twilight dream state. This lasted for about 30 to 40 mins until my brain started racing a bit. I got up to get a quick snack (I'm trying to put on some weight and have been training very hard and heavy).

Laid back down and went back into that twilight dream like state again. I could decide what to dwell on and a few scenarios came to mind that were pretty pleasant

Unfortunately very similar to Tramadol I could never get into a deep sleep. I was always aware I was in bed "dream controlling" yet not getting recouprrative sleep. I woke several times but had the ability to roll back over and re-enter whatever scenario I had been dreaming.

I was not overly tired in the morning but had that same unrested or I recovered sleep experience that I used to get from Tramadol.

I'll be taking off tonight and thinking of giving a couple daytime doses in the next day or two. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Following along,
    Looking good in here so far,
    Like the honesty and detail already put in
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

14. Subbed. Awesome posts and great info so far. Keep it up man!

15. Very detailed feedback so far. Excited to compare
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

16. For a short period of time we are offering 25% off for Anabolic Minds members ONLY.

This is the biggest discount that Mile High has ever offered and it won't be around for long.

Code is - AM25

Simply use this discount code at checkout for the 25% off.

MileHighKratom.com

17. Looks good, looking forward to the daytime experience.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

18. Check out the current auction for those of you looking to stock up on a great strain - ** MileHighKratom Green Indo Kratom Auction **
  19. Moderator

Friday night I dosed 8g of Red Vein Thai Kratom. Similar experience to 6g but I noticed a considerable amount of nausea once it kicked in. Unfortunately this hindered my ability to enjoy the aforementioned pleasant experience at 6g. Although I did have the same experience it was not quite as strong as it was before. It also seemed to take a bit longer to kick in.

It may not be entirely related to the Kratom as I have recently be using a product that can cause hypoglycemic symptoms if I don't eat frequently enough with sufficient carbohydrates. As a result I have been eating a bit more and more frequently containing greater amounts carbohydrates. This too may have caused the delayed response.

One thing I am challenged to do is take it fasted. I will be doing my best to allow for a greater fasted state at my next use.

Today at 12:30PM Mountain Time I dosed 3g of Private Reserve Bali chased with a diet Pepsi. I ate a sold meal at 10:00AM. I will confirm that one scoop of fresh Private Reserve Bali is 2.4g.

I am headed to my nephews 18th B-day party. This means family and friends. I try to remain reserved and withdrawn during these events because we have a multiple of blended family situations and this only adds to the dynamics of family gatherings. We'll see if the Private Reserve Bali draws out the more talkative side of me as experienced by @Rodja and @Montego1 in their feedback.
  20. Moderator

The Private Reserve Bali dosed at 3g was rather nice. About 1 hour after dosing I began to feel a mild energy. Not a stimulant like energy but rather a refreshed or rejuvenated energy. The odd thing was that it was simultaneously calming and relaxing. Within the next hour or so I began to feel a mildly elevated mood.

By about hour three I actually felt a slight buzz. It was like a single hit of uplifting energenic weed back in the day when we used to bake and play hacky sac or frisbee golf. Just enough buzz to feel a mood altering effect without the unwanted sides of paranoia or anxiety. I was very pleasantly surprised. Very nice.

Tomorrow I intend to dose it before work. I want to assess my experience during the regular work stresses, frustration and concentration and focus demands. I'll go with the three grams fasted and a cup of coffee before I leave the house. I'll keep you guys posted.

21. Very good.

The effects you're describing are exactly what I get from the Bali. It should sit you rather well for work related tasks at that dose.

Great detail in your log btw. Keep it up
  22. Moderator

I did dose yesterday but am having stomach issues lately, either a bug, or related to another product I'm taking, so I can't really give an objective review ATM.

I'm eliminating the suspect product and giving my GI tract a break for a couple/few days.

"I'll be back!"

23. just a quickie here fellas- just when you think you get a handle on ****, anyway- yes i am sure i can go read, but im tired and kids are giving me a hard time, my shoulder hurts and im old- not planning on using but what exactly is this used for? more of a settling high, stim, focus? appreciate the flameless reply

24. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    just a quickie here fellas- just when you think you get a handle on ****, anyway- yes i am sure i can go read, but im tired and kids are giving me a hard time, my shoulder hurts and im old- not planning on using but what exactly is this used for? more of a settling high, stim, focus? appreciate the flameless reply
    Similar to an opiate type high. Certain strains effect you in different ways but mainly these will relax you, relieve pain, enhance mood and mellow you out. Lots of logs going on in the sub forum to check out on the different strains.
  25. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Similar to an opiate type high. Certain strains effect you in different ways but mainly these will relax you, relieve pain, enhance mood and mellow you out. Lots of logs going on in the sub forum to check out on the different strains.
    @Montego1 may I suggest you have me stickie a pertinent thread or more of your choice. I had one or two in mind but I'm not repping
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quick Thought and Review on JW by ALRI..
    By 2fresh in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
  2. PumpJuice 2.0 Log and Review
    By Scottyo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 03:12 PM
  3. Focus XT by SNS: log and review
    By tops2heavy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 02:05 PM