LH and libido

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
I read that LH the higher it is, the more libido you will feel.
By increasing free test, LH drops, thus you have less libido?

Am i correct in saying that the more free test you have, the harder your rod is and the less you want it?

Or is hardness of your rod determined mainly by your E2 level?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Assuming that the LH/libido correlation is correct, this is interesting. E2 levels can play a part in inhibiting LH, but E2 seems to have a greater effect on FSH inhibition.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Assuming that the LH/libido correlation is correct, this is interesting. E2 levels can play a part in inhibiting LH, but E2 seems to have a greater effect on FSH inhibition.
i got this from chuck diesel somewhere don't remember where can't find it either

he says his product lowers lh which lowers libido but increases free test

ok so you say the higher the e2, the lower the lh will be?

so proportionally e2 at whatever level has more effect on fsh, what exactly does the fsh accomplish for libido/hardness in this sense?

the reason i come to lower e2 equating to hardness is everywhere i see lowering e2 returns morning wood.. i don't have a definitive answer as to whether morning wood equals to a hard erection at 6 pm or 7 pm when you want to have sex, i.e. having a good morning erection might not mean it is hard at a later time during the day

pfeww that was an insane post :p

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i got this from chuck diesel somewhere don't remember where can't find it either

he says his product lowers lh which lowers libido but increases free test

so proportionally e2 at whatever level has more effect on fsh, what exactly does the fsh accomplish for libido/hardness in this sense?

the reason i come to lower e2 equating to hardness is everywhere i see lowering e2 returns morning wood.. i don't have a definitive answer as to whether morning wood equals to a hard erection at 6 pm or 7 pm when you want to have sex, i.e. having a good morning erection might not mean it is hard at a later time during the day

pfeww that was an insane post :p

I dont know if this will help at all, but like supression from any hormone minipulation, when your body detects a unnatural increase in one hormone, it lowers the other's to try and bring back homeostasis.
So if you free up a bunch of test, your body recoginizes that increase in "available" test, and lowers LH.
Whatever actually detects and lowers E2 I do not recall. ITs
simply a trade off,.. performence, for um,.. performence :toofunny:

Short term use however (of test freeing) might actually cause an increase in LH, or E2.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Potentially, because e2 is a negative feedback loop for testosterone (since e2 is created from testpstosterone), hence lowering LH.

I don't know for certain what effect it has on libido or erections, but since FSH is responsible for sperm production (the end goal of having sex), I would definitely think there is a relation.

Don't forget, in some cases, raising e2 (within normal range) brings back morning woods. Estradiol levels seems to be hit or miss for some guys, meaning some feel good at low levels, some at higher.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Potentially, because e2 is a negative feedback loop for testosterone (since e2 is created from testpstosterone), hence lowering LH.

I don't know for certain what effect it has on libido or erections, but since FSH is responsible for sperm production (the end goal of having sex), I would definitely think there is a relation.

Don't forget, in some cases, raising e2 (within normal range) brings back morning woods. Estradiol levels seems to be hit or miss for some guys, meaning some feel good at low levels, some at higher.
So if you lower e2, you have more test and thus lower LH, but doesn't lower LH equate to lower libido? Or does test override this?

I would agree on the FSH.

Yes, and seemingly bringing back e2 to normal levels also increased libido, but it at the same time lowers LH levels.

Which leads to my question: does LH really have anything to do with libido?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
So if you lower e2, you have more test and thus lower LH...
Actually, lower e2 doesn't necessarily mean lower LH or higher testosterone. But, lowered e2 would actually increase LH to increase testosterone to then bring e2 levels back up (think aromatase inhibitors).

Elevated e2 will result in decreased LH as a result of the negative feedback.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
Which leads to my question: does LH really have anything to do with libido?
If true, would mean guys on TRT would have a poor libido... doesn't seem like it. I think it has more to do w/ higher FT and lower E2 ratio.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Actually, lower e2 doesn't necessarily mean lower LH or higher testosterone. But, lowered e2 would actually increase LH to increase testosterone to then bring e2 levels back up (think aromatase inhibitors).

Elevated e2 will result in decreased LH as a result of the negative feedback.
I agree... low e2 is a relative term which differs from one person to the next doesn't necessarily affect LH or t levels. Lower e2, relative to one's baseline, will increase LH.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
If true, would mean guys on TRT would have a poor libido... doesn't seem like it. I think it has more to do w/ higher FT and lower E2 ratio.
I don't believe that LH has anything to do with libdo... it is just a signal to the testes telling it to produce testosterone.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I don't believe that LH has anything to do with libdo... it is just a signal to the testes telling it to produce testosterone.
In essence you have just said that testosterone does not influence libido.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
In essence you have just said that testosterone does not influence libido.
No that's not what i said... LH doesn't have a direct affect on libido, it affects libido indirectly via T and E levels.

The original post was directly relating LH to libido which is not necessarily true.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Ok thx for the input not everything is still clear and i dont have the definite answer.

Is it possible that e.g. Tribulus actually raises LH as it says and makes people thus horny?

Whether it increases test or not, does it actually raise LH levels?

And does it perhaps convert to E2 after a few days, a lot of ppl complain it stops working.

Or is it just a nitric oxide effect?

Pde-5 and yohimbine work for me for rigidity. Tribulus doesn't but makes me horny (perhaps LH?) then stops working.

Is HGW / Icariin field tested enough to say it has a strong rigidity effect. Looking for something which has the same effect as mentioned above for rigidity but not the irritability of pde-5 and yoshimbie. Thx.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Ok thx for the input not everything is still clear and i dont have the definite answer.

Is it possible that e.g. Tribulus actually raises LH as it says and makes people thus horny?

And does it perhaps convert to E2 after a few days, a lot of ppl complain it stops working.

Or is it just a nitric oxide effect?

Pde-5 and yohimbine work for me for rigidity. Tribulus doesn't but makes me horny (perhaps LH?) then stops working.

Is HGW / Icariin field tested enough to say it has a strong rigidity effect. Looking for something which has the same effect as mentioned above for rigidity but not the irritability of pde-5 and yoshimbie. Thx.
The only reason you would want to raise LH is because it will raise test levels... this is where the rise in libido comes from. Not from LH by itself.

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established

From what I've read, tribulus can bring T up to normal (if your endocrine system is functional), but no higher. That's why it seems to "stop working", once your body decides you have enough T (different for everyone).