Travelling with HCG?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Travelling with HCG?

What do you guys do?

Do portable coolers really keep it cool enough?

And what about turbulence from an airplane, can it be shaken if its not mixed?

2. Registered User
    Answers

I wrapped it between freezer packs and then placed it in a 1 qt plastic bag (m)

as the airlines suggest. Sailed right through security. There are also specialty products the keep things cold for diabetics worth looking into.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    as the airlines suggest. Sailed right through security. There are also specialty products the keep things cold for diabetics worth looking into.
    Yea thats what I found, Im gonna get one, it just seemed it wouldn't keep it cold enough.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    Yea thats what I found, Im gonna get one, it just seemed it wouldn't keep it cold enough.
    You may want to consider either reconstituting when you get where you want to be, so you dont have to chill on the first leg of travel, or reconstituting and placing in syringes, and then just chilling the syringes. I assume you can bring loaded insulin syringes on a plane. Anyone know? If not, you can always check your luggage, though I think luggage sometimes gets quite warm under the plane, so I've heard.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    You may want to consider either reconstituting when you get where you want to be, so you dont have to chill on the first leg of travel, or reconstituting and placing in syringes, and then just chilling the syringes. I assume you can bring loaded insulin syringes on a plane. Anyone know? If not, you can always check your luggage, though I think luggage sometimes gets quite warm under the plane, so I've heard.

This is off TSA.GOV website. This is for carry on. Checked it is ok for sure.

All medications in any form or type (for instance, pills, injectables, or homeopathic) and associated supplies (syringes, Sharps disposal container, pre-loaded syringes, jet injectors, pens, infusers, etc.) are allowed through the security checkpoint once they have been screened. Atropens, an auto-injection system that can help treat many emergency conditions (low heart rate, breathing problems, and excess saliva related to insecticide, nerve gas or mushroom poisoning) are also allowed.

Medications must be labeled so they are identifiable.

Carbon dioxide (CO2) migraine inhalers and CO2 refills.

Medications in daily dosage containers are allowed through the checkpoint once they been screened.

Medication and related supplies are normally X-rayed. However, as a customer service, TSA now allows you the option of requesting a visual inspection of your medication and associated supplies.

You must request a visual inspection before the screening process begins; otherwise you medications and supplies will undergo X-ray inspection.
    If you would like to take advantage of this option, please have you medication and associated supplies separated from your other property in a separate pouch/bag when you approach the Security Officer at the walk-through metal detector.
    Request the visual inspection and hand your medication pouch/bag to the Security Officer.
    In order to prevent contamination or damage to medication and associated supplies and/or fragile medical materials, you will be asked at the security checkpoint to display, handle, and repack your own medication and associated supplies during the visual inspection process.
    Any medication and/or associated supplies that cannot be cleared visually must be submitted for X-ray screening. If you refuse, you will not be permitted to carry your medications and related supplies into the sterile area.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I put it in a small, soft lunch cooler with some ice packs. I NEVER pre-fill syringes. I've never had an issue with TSA, they ask "are those prescription drugs?", I say "yes" and they send 'em through, never a second look.

I always pack a few extra syringes too, as well as a few extra alcohol pads, bandaids (just in case), etc.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Naven View Post
    I put it in a small, soft lunch cooler with some ice packs. I NEVER pre-fill syringes. I've never had an issue with TSA, they ask "are those prescription drugs?", I say "yes" and they send 'em through, never a second look.

I always pack a few extra syringes too, as well as a few extra alcohol pads, bandaids (just in case), etc.

If you wanna do that way, save a bottle, and fill it partially with hCG. That way, if it warms, you haven't compromised the entire bottle. This is what I plan to do, as I am concerned that if TSA see syringes without the prescription bottle, they may force you to toss them. Don't give them ANY credit -- they are unpredictable and their interpretation of the rules changes by location.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    I am concerned that if TSA see syringes
    I travel fairly often. Like Naven I have a little soft cooler bag (from WalMart) and put in a freeze block and your HCG. Just make sure you keep the bottle in the box with the prescription on it.

As far as the syringes, they fit perfectly in a hard eyeglass case (make sure it is the hard case so they don't bend or break). Then I tape the case shut with duct tape so it doesn't open by accident, and put it in my checked-in baggage. Never had a problem except when airline (usually USAir) stows my bag on the wrong airplane!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Travelling with gear?
    By heath1225 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
  2. TRT and travelling.
    By Bungloid48 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 03:13 PM
  3. Best supplements when travelling
    By Rich08 in forum Supplements