Questions Regarding Esters

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
My question is in regards to Test-Cyp. In the below quote, it says that a certain percentage of the Total Testosterone is made up of an Ester.
So if you are taking a shot of Test-Enth: 1ml@250mg/ml, do you take into consideration that your actually getting only 180mg of free Test and shoot a little bit more?
The reason I ask is I'm using Test-Cyp for TRT 1ml@200mg/ml every two weeks, I inject weekly at a .5cc each Sunday,. Would I need to inject more than the ammount I'm using to achieve a true dosage of 200mgs from my Test-Cyp?
Thanks,
CR

Quote:
Testosterone Ester Report
There is however one way that we can say an ester does technically effect potency; it is calculated in the steroid weight. The heavier the ester chain, the greater is its percentage of the total weight. In the case of testosterone enanthate for example, 250mg of esterified steroid (testosterone enanthate) is equal to only 180mg of free testosterone. 70mgs out of each 250mg injection is the weight of the ester. If we wanted to be really picky, we could consider enanthate slightly MORE potent than cypionate (I know this goes against popular thinking) as its ester chain contains one less carbon atom (therefore taking up a slightly smaller percentage of total weight). Propionate would of course come out on top of the three, releasing a measurable (but not significant) amount more testosterone per injection than cypionate or enanthate.

Quote:
There is however one way that we can say an ester does technically effect potency; it is calculated in the steroid weight. The heavier the ester chain, the greater is its percentage of the total weight. If we wanted to be really picky, we could consider enanthate slightly MORE potent than cypionate (I know this goes against popular thinking) as its ester chain contains one less carbon atom (therefore taking up a slightly smaller percentage of total weight). Propionate would of course come out on top of the three, releasing a measurable (but not significant) amount more testosterone per injection than cypionate or enanthate.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I believe that a doctor has already taken that into account when determining a dosage. I always kept it in mind when calculating how much test I was using.

MB

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
I'm getting TRT from a General Practioner and I don't think he knows that.

I believe that a doctor has already taken that into account when determining a dosage. I always kept it in mind when calculating how much test I was using.

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Bring it up with him then, he might just increase your dose :thumbsup:

MB