If Im getting a thyroid panel, should I do a Clomid Stim Test? - AnabolicMinds.com

If Im getting a thyroid panel, should I do a Clomid Stim Test?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

If Im getting a thyroid panel, should I do a Clomid Stim Test?

Yep.

Seeing the endo tomorrow morning and trying to decide whether or not I need to perform a Clomid Stim Test even if I were getting a Thyroid panel.

For the record, Im secondary and going to try the above panels before going HCG.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

Appt in 8 hrs.. Halp!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Clomid test worked for me... I am also secondary. I think its worth a try before going the suppressive route.
    •   

4. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    Clomid test worked for me... I am also secondary. I think its worth a try before going the suppressive route.
    I do not have 100% opinion on the subject, but...........

I think that using Clomid or Nolva is a waste of time, sort of.

One will newer stay forewer on any of it.

If it turns out that they work, the next step is to use HCG.

Why not start with HCG to begin with?

If it works, it works.
    If it does not work, keep using it as testicle size maintenance, and just add Testosterone.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz
    think that using Clomid or Nolva is a waste of time, sort of. One will newer stay forewer on any of it.

I think age plays a big factor. If you're young, secondary, and FSH/LH is down because of stress, using steroids, etc, you might be able to maintain normal levels after clomid. That's what I'm hoping.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

I thought a Clomid Stim Test was to see if the hypothalmus (or maybe pituitary.. one of them) will respond to GNRH signalling and rule out whether or not there is a tumor and/or dysfunction along that pathway.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    I thought a Clomid Stim Test was to see if the hypothalmus (or maybe pituitary.. one of them) will respond to GNRH signalling and rule out whether or not there is a tumor and/or dysfunction along that pathway.
    You are correct. But if the clomid test is successful, the doc may recommend a clomid cycle to restart the HTPA... mine was 12.5mg/day for 8 weeks.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

You are correct. But if the clomid test is successful, the doc may recommend a clomid cycle to restart the HTPA... mine was 12.5mg/day for 8 weeks.
    Howd that go LeanGuy?
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Howd that go LeanGuy?
    My one week clomid "test" (25mg/day) raised my TT from 300 to 600!! Now I am on week 6 and I'd guess my TT is 700+. Libido and erections are much better. Testicle size has doubled!! The real proof will be bloodwork in a couple of weeks. Also I can't wait to see how I feel when the clomid comes out of my system. I have high hopes that I'll be "restarted" after this... now I need to manage stress and sleep better so I don't get run down again.
  10. Elite Member

My one week clomid "test" (25mg/day) raised my TT from 300 to 600!! Now I am on week 6 and I'd guess my TT is 700+. Libido and erections are much better. Testicle size has doubled!! The real proof will be bloodwork in a couple of weeks. Also I can't wait to see how I feel when the clomid comes out of my system. I have high hopes that I'll be "restarted" after this... now I need to manage stress and sleep better so I don't get run down again.
    REal proof is to see if your system holds out for 2-3 months after the discontinuing the clomid
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  0 lbs.

I have high hopes that I'll be "restarted" after this... now I need to manage stress and sleep better so I don't get run down again.
    Meh. Let me play devils advocate on that...

Dont you think that, if youre body is so easily susceptible to going haywire when exposed to stress, that you should always be doing some kind of supplementation?

I agree that stress, bad diet, etc ****s your hormones up but... it IS the 21st century
  12. Elite Member

Meh. Let me play devils advocate on that...

Dont you think that, if youre body is so easily susceptible to going haywire when exposed to stress, that you should always be doing some kind of supplementation?

I agree that stress, bad diet, etc ****s your hormones up but... it IS the 21st century
    Yes and people need to take a few minutes out of the day to sit down and just take time out for themselves, but you in this day and time does this. I lived this lifestyle for 15 years and eventually it came to a breaking point to where genetically I pushed my cellular matrix to where it could not take to much. People look at hypothryoidism as such a bad thing, but in reality it is your body saying "slow down you idiot, I can not take no more" inorder to protect us . Instead of listening to our body we take thyroid and add more stress to our ssystem increase the depth of burn out with adrenals imbalnces. When the simple remedy is just to take 20-30 minutes of the day to let our mind relax , get off the internet before bed time so we can let natural take it course. We tend to stay inside more which also effects natural biorhtyme of hormones adding more stress to our system. Factor in excessive electromagnetivity from cell phone computers, ect.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Yep, I have no doubt that my low test (and adrenal fatigue) was the result of running two businesses plus a full-time job for several years. I got major insomnia and was stressed to the max. Now I run one business (work from home), and take time out to walk the dog etc. So that's why I think my restart has a chance.....
  14. New Member

Thumbs up

BUMP..interesting points come here..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 02:59 PM
  2. Fat burner without thyroid stim?
    By krebz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 09:02 AM
  3. blood test question pre and post cycle panel
    By qwerty33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 09:36 PM
  4. Blood Test Panel for TRT. Please Help!!
    By musclehead65 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 07:22 PM