selegiline

  1. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    286
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.14%

    selegiline


    is it safe to stop taking selegiline, what would be the sides?


    im really tired of taking this stuff and dont notice anything so im going to stop

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    is it safe to stop taking selegiline, what would be the sides?


    im really tired of taking this stuff and dont notice anything so im going to stop
    http://www.mesomorphosis.com/steroid...s/deprenyl.htm

    Selegiline (Deprenyl, Eldepryl)
  3. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1310
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    what were you expecting to notice, how long have you been taking it, and @ what dosage/frequency?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    15shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    93
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    83.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    is it safe to stop taking selegiline, what would be the sides?

    im really tired of taking this stuff and dont notice anything so im going to stop
    engival,
    this is interesting as I was thinking about starting this due to there is a history of Alzheimer's in my family and I am looking for an edge to sharpen my mind, possibly having to begin yet another career where I will have to learn a great deal of information in a short period of time.

    what were you hoping to notice by taking this?

    Shippen, in Testosterone Syndrome says Seligiline:
    increases T levels
    increases dopamine production
    stimulates repair of brain cells
    increases cognitive functions
    has a mild anti-depressant effect
    increases sexuality (in animals)
    controls LDL cholesterol oxidation by protecting antioxidants

  5. Advanced Member
    OldGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    58
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    686
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    what were you expecting to notice, how long have you been taking it, and @ what dosage/frequency?
    Selegiline, also known as l-deprenyl, is an irreversible and somewhat selective MAO-B inhibitor. It appears to be useful in symptomatic treatment of early Parkinson's disease. Research indicates that Selegiline may also be neuroprotective and act as an antidepressant.

    My HRT doc (noted above) prescribed selegiline "slow-gel" more or less as an antidepressant and a cognitive enhancer. I had been taking Zoloft for years which my doc says can interfere with HRT (although I'm not exactly sure by what mechanism). So far, after 90 days on 3mg of selegiline ED, I have been able to cut my Zoloft dose in half and I actually feel better than I have in a long time. My doc also believes selegiline gives a slight boost in T although that's not the main reason it's prescribed.

    I also experience the "dopamine rush" when first applied (I rub gel into inside of forearms) which lasts for few hours via increased energy. I love to use this stuff pre-workout!
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,419
    Rep Power
    771851
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Are you just trying to rely on selegiline for these effects? I find Deprenyl to be an excellent, if even indispensible, addition to a comprehensive nootropic/mood enhancing stack, but not spectacular on its own.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  7. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    286
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.14%

    well dr. shippen is prescribing me selenigine.
    im taking it for higher T and more libido, although honestly im not sure i notice much difference when on it. i been taking it for 6 months now.
  8. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,419
    Rep Power
    771851
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    14.66%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    well dr. shippen is prescribing me selenigine.
    im taking it for higher T and more libido, although honestly im not sure i notice much difference when on it. i been taking it for 6 months now.
    I find it most effective when combined with dopaminergics.

    HEAT Stack, tyrosine, and Deprenyl always kicked my libido into mass overdrive.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  9. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    286
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.14%

    how about your energy levels?

    have you noticed a decrease in energy when you stopped selegnine?
  10. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1310
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    93.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Dosage? Frequency?

    ...and you were expecting signs of increased libido, then?

    The action of selegiline is to inhibit the breakdown of dopamine, thereby allowing for higher levels without supplementation. If you notice no signs of increased libido, then sub-normal dopamine levels are/were not your problem...assuming adequate dose & frequency.

    if you've been taking (say) 5mg daily for 6 months, and you experience no changes, more won't help you; if you've been taking 1mg twice a week, more *might* help, but likely not.
  11. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    286
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.14%

    im taking 5mg but i stopped taking it and i got dam tired,,, i also stopped using clomid and my T went from 700 to 290, now im back on both, but i dont want to take sele
  12. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    im taking 5mg but i stopped taking it and i got dam tired,,, i also stopped using clomid and my T went from 700 to 290, now im back on both, but i dont want to take sele
    Looks like you are about ready to be on Clomid for life.
    Discuss with your doc swithing to
    380iu HCG EOD, every other day.

    If you do, remember, you will be much more dependent on quality (freshness) of HCG than someone else who is also using T injections.
    It would be ideal if you could buy hcg in small quantities.
    Pregnyl-1500iu
    would give you 4 injections, 1500/4=375
    That would give you (only) 6 days between opening ampoule and first shot and last shot.
  13. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    286
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.14%

    but the thing is, something is causing my LH/FSH to not signal my testies, HCG/or clomid are not helping the root cause...

    im betting the problem is my hashis, adrenals, which is probably from diet or something in my gut, lack of bowel flora is possible. im still looking into this
  14. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    but the thing is, something is causing my LH/FSH to not signal my testies, HCG/or clomid are not helping the root cause...

    im betting the problem is my hashis, adrenals, which is probably from diet or something in my gut, lack of bowel flora is possible. im still looking into this
    Enigval;
    you are over a year already on this project.
    It is about time to cut loses and move on.
    Unless your doc gets some breakthru and wants to explore it.

    Well, move on to next search.
    I would drop Clomid and move to HCG as described above and stay put on that amount and frequency of HCG.
    Drop Seleginine.

    As a paralel effort arrange for Genova tests.
    At one point I was under impression that you were ready to go for it.
    With your new job and insurance, you may want to give it a try.

    Remaider of the tests,
    since it is fishing, it is hard to figure out good sequence, but probably the way I posted:

    http://www.gdx.net/home/assessments/nutreval/index.html
    GDX NutrEval Profile

    http://www.gdx.net/home/assessments/...nce/Index.html
    EstroEssence Comprehensive 24hr

    http://www.gdx.net/images/reportpdf/compthyroid.pdf
    Comprehensive Thyroid Assessment

    http://www.gdx.net/ns/assessments/detox/
    Comprehensive Detoxification Profile

    http://www.gdx.net/ns/assessments/cdsa/index.html
    Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) 2.0
  15. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    286
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.14%

    i dont want hcg though, thats a huge, and im not sure i even need it yet, according to dr. lowe hashis plays a major role in the HTPA and testosterone, etc.

    hashis is believed to be caused by stressed and lack of bowel flora in the gut, solving the main cause could reset my HTPA naturally instead of wasting my precious time, money and life on using something that my body simply does not need

    im still a firm believer when the body is given the proper nutrients, positive mind, it can heal anything.
    and i dont agree on using HRT/hcg/clomid, these are completely new and unnatural for humans, im not sure about the long term side effects of these drugs; these are last resort type thing. i want to try reset my HTPA through major diet and lifestyle changes.
  16. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    i dont want hcg though, thats a huge, and im not sure i even need it yet, according to dr. lowe hashis plays a major role in the HTPA and testosterone, etc.

    hashis is believed to be caused by stressed and lack of bowel flora in the gut, solving the main cause could reset my HTPA naturally instead of wasting my precious time, money and life on using something that my body simply does not need

    im still a firm believer when the body is given the proper nutrients, positive mind, it can heal anything.
    and i dont agree on using HRT/hcg/clomid, these are completely new and unnatural for humans, im not sure about the long term side effects of these drugs; these are last resort type thing. i want to try reset my HTPA through major diet and lifestyle changes.
    That is very plausible mind set.
    It points toward the way Genova tests are geared.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Selegiline(deprenyl)???
    By Parzival in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 02:37 AM
  2. Is it safe to take Selegiline with 5-HTP?
    By Skeptic in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 12:46 PM
  3. Topical selegiline and lethargy
    By andrew david in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
  4. Selegiline on Pubmed
    By Jupiter in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 08:30 AM
  5. Selegiline
    By psimonkey in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in