Depression and Low Free T

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Gutterpump, can you enlighten me with what herbal cleanse you used and how you weened off the medicine concurrently with the cleanse? What exactly did you do? Thanks Gutterpump.
    Hi, sorry I can't remember which one I took, but it was one of those whole body cleanse kits that you can pick up at GNC, etc. Cleanses all your major systems and you have to change your diet while on it to a very clean very pure / whole foods diet. No sugar, nothing processed, and other limitations.

I think I had quit the effexor a week prior to starting, and the symptoms ended shortly after the cleanse (I think) or maybe during the cleanse. I just stuck it out and stayed in my house when I was not at work and let it ride it's course. It's basically traces of the drug leaving the system (from what I've heard) and it's completely counter-productive to fall back into taking a tiny dose here n there to ease the issues.

2. Quote Originally Posted by zadok View Post

I have posted quite a bit over at Meso. However, cant post there anymore as I live in Dubai and the govenrment blocks that website now :-(.

Anyway for the past 3 years I have seen about 10-15 different endos and urologists. I had no libido, brain fog, irritability, no focus, felt down quite a bit. My blood work was all normal (I could post it all, but there are literally hundreds of results) except free testosterone which was around 50pg/ml (49-150). Total testosterone was normal at the around the top of the range 900mg/ml (250-1048)

Not one single endo or urologist could explain this to me (E2 was low normal, so it wasnt that)

I finally after 3 years was reading that depression can cause low free T in some cases. I went to see a phsych. He diagnosed me with major depression.

I have been on Cymbalta now for 2 months. I feel so much better and free T is now 123pg/ml.

I just wish someone could have told me about this earlier, I would not have to suffer like I did for 3 years. Just posting this incase anyone is suffering similar circumstances/symptoms.

Zadok, how did your weight and body composition change after going on the drug?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-depressants and weight gain
    By custom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
  2. Low Libido with 650 Test Level and 23 Free Test
    By omdoggy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 02:15 PM
  3. 27 Years Old, Low Free and Total T (Other Labs Included)
    By spheric in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 12:34 AM
  4. Low free testosterone and anxiety
    By ebauman in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 01:01 AM
  5. Polyunsaturated fats and low test levels
    By IPR in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 08:03 PM