Adrenal supplements /Armour question

wondering

Awards
Anyone use Adrenogen or Adrenoset from Metagenics for Adrenal support. My doct just put on these to give my Adrenals some help as we start Armour.

My DHEA was in upper area of range, but AM Cortisol was lower end of normal, so dr. thought they could use a little help, but didnt warrant HC.

Also, how soon and at what dose did you start to feel better on Armour. My Free T4 was within slightly below midrange and Free T3 was low end of normal.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Metagenics is supposedly a good company, but I think they are fairly overpriced and there adrenal supplements only help those who are fairly Ok. I think adding the armour is going to require HC. Most people who know what they are doing suggest doing HC or similar for at least 2 weeks prior before starting armour anyways.

You might feel better even right away on armour provided cortisol is taken care of, but for me I didnt get really good until 3-4 grains. And that took about 6 months, sorry to say.

wondering

Awards
Dont think this is placebo, but I think I feel better already on Day 2 - mood wise, but libido still nil... taking Adrenoset, Adrenogen, Vit D (I was low here) and only 1/4 grain of Armour. Dr. Asked me to this for 1 week and then go to 1/2 grain and retest in 4 weeks. Seems awfully low and slow, but hey I found a doctor that was willing to treat symptoms with borderline test results. Every other dr just wanted to treat lab reports, so I'm cutting her some slack and will take it a week at a time.

Metagenics is supposedly a good company, but I think they are fairly overpriced and there adrenal supplements only help those who are fairly Ok. I think adding the armour is going to require HC. Most people who know what they are doing suggest doing HC or similar for at least 2 weeks prior before starting armour anyways.

You might feel better even right away on armour provided cortisol is taken care of, but for me I didnt get really good until 3-4 grains. And that took about 6 months, sorry to say.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
n=1 here, but I couldnt go above 1/2 grain of armour before I added in HC. I was having horrible time tolerating it, although I did IMediately feel better when on it. You'll know if you need HC if the temp doesnt rise at all, if your temps are fluctuating wildly and if you start feeling anxious and nervous. Also, if you are exercising right now, Id take a couple of weeks of. If your adrenals are still fairly ok, with time off from stress/exercise you might be able to get your armour dose up fairly quickly. Once you get a good dose of armour and have the adrenals stabilized, you can start getting the life back together much more efficiently.