High Platelets

  1. High Platelets


    My brother has had a couple of labs over the years that show high platelets (447/491, reference range 150-400).

    Anything to worry about? his doctor has told him no, I said get a second opinion. Two elevated tests over an 18 month timeframe.

    Any other symptoms to worry about?

    Cpeil?


  2. prolong stress. infections, or magnesium deficeincy factor in e2 as possibility as well. HIT THE FISH OILS !!

  3. Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    prolong stress. infections, or magnesium deficeincy factor in e2 as possibility as well. HIT THE FISH OILS !!
    His E2 was 33 (13 - 54).

    He is not on TRT.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    My brother has had a couple of labs over the years that show high platelets (447/491, reference range 150-400).

    Anything to worry about? his doctor has told him no, I said get a second opinion. Two elevated tests over an 18 month timeframe.

    Any other symptoms to worry about?

    Cpeil?

    Slight elevation, probably nothing to worry about. But he needs to watch this. Although the elevation is slight, it seems like a trend is developing. If the trend continues, it might signal a bone marrow problem.

    If he hasn't already, he should have an iron study done. Iron deficiency can cause slight elevations in platelet count like this.

    Has his spleen been removed? That can cause platelet count elevations.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    My brother has had a couple of labs over the years that show high platelets (447/491, reference range 150-400).

    Anything to worry about? his doctor has told him no, I said get a second opinion. Two elevated tests over an 18 month timeframe.

    Any other symptoms to worry about?

    Cpeil?
    xxxxxxxxxxx

  6. Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Slight elevation, probably nothing to worry about. But he needs to watch this. Although the elevation is slight, it seems like a trend is developing. If the trend continues, it might signal a bone marrow problem.

    If he hasn't already, he should have an iron study done. Iron deficiency can cause slight elevations in platelet count like this.

    Has his spleen been removed? That can cause platelet count elevations.
    No, I think he has his spleen.

    I will recommend the iron study.

    Thanks, cpeil. reps
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
  2. High Intensity Training (HIT)
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 03:13 PM
  3. High Calorie breakfast for the "smaller guy"
    By Lifeguard in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 04:36 PM
  4. high dose of hmb
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 10:28 PM
  5. High/Medium Carb Diets...
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Log in
Log in