Not open for further replies.
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, no offense to anyone at all...but...This board has gone downhill in the past few years. I liked it a lot better when I first joined up. There were no board sponsers back then and more quality posters. Chemo, Cuffs, Ryansm, all the good guys. I get kinda sick of the threads started by 15-17 year olds about their M-drol/Hdrol/phera 12 week cycles.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're missing the point.

This forum in question is the Male Anti-Aging Medicine forum. Pay close at who the posters are and what forum that is posted on and in and you will see the irony.

Not to mention the fact that our boards referral traffic is tremendous because we have a Google ranking that is without a doubt head over heals superior.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I guess nobody else but me is afraid of dying prematurely.

This is:

Male Anti-Aging Medicine

board.

With the help of previus discussions I think I have developed my own plan.

It is not just TRT/adrenals/thyroid plan, it is overall wellness plan.

Lets hope it will work.

Now all I have left to do is convince my wife and grown up children to listen to my plan.

So far there are no takers and I am the one footing the bill.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're missing the point.

This forum in question is the Male Anti-Aging Medicine forum. Pay close at who the posters are and what forum that is posted on and in and you will see the irony.

Not to mention the fact that our boards referral traffic is tremendous because we have a Google ranking that is without a doubt head over heals superior.

Oh, I guess it went right over my head than yeah.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We've been dying for years B....didn't you know that? :lol:

I think we've died 100 times over now. ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess nobody else but me is afraid of dying prematurely.

This is:

Male Anti-Aging Medicine

board.

With the help of previus discussions I think I have developed my own plan.

It is not just TRT/adrenals/thyroid plan, it is overall wellness plan.

Lets hope it will work.

Now all I have left to do is convince my wife and grown up children to listen to my plan.

So far there are no takers and I am the one footing the bill.
JanSz, You are always a gentleman.

I'm not too keen on going at any time ;)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We've been dying for years B....didn't you know that? :lol:

I think we've died 100 times over now. ;)
"I see dead people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead. They're everywhere."

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
"I see dead people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead. They're everywhere."
would that be called being a zombie. :think: or better elevated e2 :lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Or in a very small new site. :rofl:

Oh the humanity!!!! :lol:

B, stop scaring people. You know the young, oh so experienced college students are so heavy influenced :D

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
board wars will never end.

its worse than jews v. arabs and prods v. catholics.

:)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
board wars will never end.

its worse than jews v. arabs and prods v. catholics.

:)

Not when one board could care less :)

But we need a laugh sometimes.

Its ok, the same people who bash us, bash them as well (along with some others :) ). Hidden agendas are funny sometimes.

Pardon us while we go die. :lol:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just don't know why such self-esteemed professionals and gurus need to spend there valuable time with promoting animosity between internet message boards.

Why is it that if this place is so bad that anyone like yourselves would feel the need to spend so much time here and to then bad mouth us over at Meso.

This isn't to say that your contributions are not without their merits. You guys have a tremendous command of the subject matter of mens health. You have also been a huge influence on the membership and the knowledge base here at AM. This is quite unbecoming of someone with your credential and esteem.

I guess I am just a bit surprised and rather disappointed. I expect and experience this sort of childish posting by juiced up post pubescent high school and college kids and young adults. I guess one never can tell.

You do realize that this board will live or die without you? You do realize that if this is such a bad place you are free to leave and stay gone anytime you like?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need SOMEONE to populate your new site :)

This has little to do with AM and Meso and more to do with other peoples agendas ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do realize that this board will live or die without you?
75% are referral readers anyway and it goes up every week :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the entire board and doesnt really mean much. I tell people that sometimes because they measure hits as if they mean something, but they don't.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you explain for us less IT savvy individuals the difference between the 75% referral readers weekly and the avg hit/day and the significance if any?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Referral readers are unique visitors (people) that come here. Hits can be people, bots, spiders, etc....so when Google slams this site and crawls info, they count as hits, not people.

So when I say referral readers go up, that means they are referred from Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc....and that goes up....and always will.

So when I say the traffic in this particular forum has 75% referral readers, it means that 75% of the actual people that come here do not post. They read. We have a LOT of readers and its mainly older posts/threads.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We also do not have long cookie timeouts like other boards. Some boards have a 6-9 hour cookie timeout which means if you looged in 8 hours and 59 minutes ago on a board that a has a cookie timeout of 9 hours, you are "still logged in" and "viewing the forum" even if you did it over 8 hours ago. We use default 15 minute vbulletin timeout...unless they changed it on an upgrade or something.

There are lots of neat things most end users don't know. :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Can you explain for us less IT savvy individuals the difference between the 75% referral readers weekly and the avg hit/day and the significance if any?
I have a question that possibly is related to size of traffic on any given day.
The site is usually loading longer than other sites.
But there are times when it loads with errors so I have to reload.

On days like that when I plan on posting something I write it first on word processot and then copy and post.
Often the post does not go thru first time and if I did not had the text available on word processor my whole new post would be lost.

I have lost quite few posts due to this difficulties.

If there is any work around I would appreciate if someone would let me know about it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

On days like that when I plan on posting something I write it first on word processot and then copy and post.
Often the post does not go thru first time and if I did not had the text available on word processor my whole new post would be lost.

If there is any work around I would appreciate if someone would let me know about it.
Do you have anything in your browser that blocks javascript? It could be some security setting in your browser or something you have running in the background.

Our load times are actually quite fast (kept under 1 second almost always).

Are you based in the US? We are actually adding a European server to handle European traffic.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Just select what your response is prior to submitting it, then select ctrl+c (this will copy your response to your clipboard). If it times out after you submit the reply just reply again and select cntrl+p, this will paste your response. Doing this you will not need to keep your word processor application open.

JanSz is in Europe I believe.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow....then its definitely something on his end because the servers are in Jersey :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Do you have anything in your browser that blocks javascript? It could be some security setting in your browser or something you have running in the background.

Our load times are actually quite fast (kept under 1 second almost always).

Are you based in the US? We are actually adding a European server to handle European traffic.
Based New Jersey USA
Broadband, Optonline/Cablevision

Dell, Pentium 2.66Ghz, 768 MB RAM, win XP Home ed v 2002, Service Pack 2

Internet Properties, Security, Medium-high after "Reset all zones to default level"

I do have a Java installed, not sure how to trouble shoot it, but I had one site that complained about my Java. I reloaded Java, was told that it it installed but that particular site did not like it.

AVG Free ed
Spyware Blaster
SpySweeper
Spybot w/Teatimer
Adaware SE
=================================
Tell me please few important settings, where they should be:

Internet Options;
Advanced
tell me what to check and what uncheck here

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would suspect its one of these that is interfering.

AVG Free ed
Spyware Blaster
SpySweeper
Spybot w/Teatimer
Adaware SE

Do you have all that running at the same time?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I would suspect its one of these that is interfering.

AVG Free ed
Spyware Blaster
SpySweeper
Spybot w/Teatimer
Adaware SE

Do you have all that running at the same time?
The Adaware SE I use occassionally, otherwise it is not active.
The other are active all the time.

They are on my computer from day #1. Before that I had them on my previous Dell Inspiron Win98 computer.
I rather doubt that they are reson for a slow and erratic loading of just one board.
I frequent other boards without problem.
Meso board, did not caused any problems, even once.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Adaware SE I use occassionally, otherwise it is not active.
The other are active all the time.

They are on my computer from day #1. Before that I had them on my previous Dell Inspiron Win98 computer.
I rather doubt that they are reson for a slow and erratic loading of just one board.
I frequent other boards without problem.
Meso board, did not caused any problems, even once.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot?
Only way to check is to disable each program one by one and see if it helps...other than that, there is nothing on this board that causes erratic and slow loading considering this board is basically flying at the moment with a load average of .98

If it did, I would hear about it 1000 times over. Spyware programs can cause problems with sites that do a lot traffic tracking....ie analytics, statcounter, etc...and I use them on this site. Many sites don't even track their traffic so like I said, its probably is one of those programs that is causing the problem.

There are no special browser settings. You could try to add anabolicminds.com to your trusted sites in Internet Explorer to see if that helps. Also check to see if their is a trusted setting within those programs as well. It could be they are blocking the tracking cookie here. (we use java and cookie tracking).

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Only way to check is to disable each program one by one and see if it helps...other than that, there is nothing on this board that causes erratic and slow loading considering this board is basically flying at the moment with a load average of .98

If it did, I would hear about it 1000 times over. Spyware programs can cause problems with sites that do a lot traffic tracking....ie analytics, statcounter, etc...and I use them on this site. Many sites don't even track their traffic so like I said, its probably is one of those programs that is causing the problem.

There are no special browser settings. You could try to add anabolicminds.com to your trusted sites in Internet Explorer to see if that helps. Also check to see if their is a trusted setting within those programs as well. It could be they are blocking the tracking cookie here. (we use java and cookie tracking).
Ok, I will try this suggestions, thank you.

MarkLA

Awards
FWIW - I have seen the site sometimes get hung on loading a page. It doesn't happen much.. maybe once every few days. Retrying later seems to do it.

I know it's not my PC (other sites work, etc.). I just figure it's part of the internet experience that sometimes stuff doesn't work. It could be the server, the hosting company, some peering between my provider and the site's hosting..

Regardless, it's just a good idea to clipboard (or have a word or notepad copy) of something lengthy just in case...

Mark

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
FWIW - I have seen the site sometimes get hung on loading a page. It doesn't happen much.. maybe once every few days. Retrying later seems to do it.

I know it's not my PC (other sites work, etc.). I just figure it's part of the internet experience that sometimes stuff doesn't work. It could be the server, the hosting company, some peering between my provider and the site's hosting..

Regardless, it's just a good idea to clipboard (or have a word or notepad copy) of something lengthy just in case...

Mark
So there is at least two of us with this type of experience.

For me it happens relatively often and only on this board.

But it is not every day.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Mark
Well geez, if we're talking about days then hell it could be anything. Local DNS, ISP, backbone, cache, us, you, your neighbors, etc....hell I get that because of comcast.

I thought this was every time he loaded the site up.

abragers

Awards
First Post

If the end is near, I probably should stop PM'ing people and post at least once..... ;)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've been dying since the day I was born.

Very seldom have issues with the board loading on my Mac/Mozilla Camino browser. Once in a great while the board won't load but I highly suspect that is Qwest.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
who owns meso-rx?

for them to encourage board bashing is simply immature and unprofessional

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
@ Janz

All you need is:

1. Router

2. Kerio Software Firewall by Sunbelt software

3. Good quality Antivirus such as Kaspersky

4. Firefox

5. Run Adaware / Spybot every 2 - 4 weeks

Problem solved unless you are already affected etc

Download hijack this, run and save a log then send to my email neo underscore born at hotmail dot com and I'll help you remove programs that are auto starting on startup that you don't need.

@Bobo

Can you slap a list down of the threads that people mostly visit to read? Maybe I'm missing some good stuff. Please?

Much Love,

Neoborn

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
@ Janz

All you need is:

1. Router

2. Kerio Software Firewall by Sunbelt software

3. Good quality Antivirus such as Kaspersky

4. Firefox

5. Run Adaware / Spybot every 2 - 4 weeks

Problem solved unless you are already affected etc

Download hijack this, run and save a log then send to my email neo underscore born at hotmail dot com and I'll help you remove programs that are auto starting on startup that you don't need.

@Bobo

Can you slap a list down of the threads that people mostly visit to read? Maybe I'm missing some good stuff. Please?

Much Love,

Neoborn
Nice advice neoborn, thank you.

I go by advice from MotleyFool board.
Help with this STUPID computer!

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25867378&sort=threaded

Topics on top right:
HWTSC FAQ
FAQ Part II
How to Get Help FAQ
Block Cookies
Firefox Tips & Tricks
Fix/Repair IE
Home Networking
Spyware and Hijackers

From time to time I use HighJackThis.
I use this site to read HighJackThis log and fix things.
If I would come across something more complicated, good folks at MFool are there willing to help.

http://hijackthis.de/index.php

Could still use good advice, keep it comming.

wondering

Awards
I am NOT a computer expert by any account.

I live in Rochester NY and the newspaper here has a computer geek guy that writes an article and takes questions. Whenever someone has a problem w/ spyware or virus or what have you... his recommendation is to go to securitytango.com, print out the instructions and follow them precisely. Recommends doing it every now and then anyways. Seems the site has links to some good free programs for removing bad guys.. including Spybot and a few others. I think there are 5 programs you run consecutively after emptying Temp files and clearing internet stored files, cookies etc.

You have to print out the instructions cause he has you run them in "safe" mode which means you wont be connected to the internet during the process.

If curious, his name is Nick Francesca (sp?) and he writes for Democrat & Chronicle in Rochester, NY

What forum are we in? LOL

Nice advice neoborn, thank you.

I go by advice from MotleyFool board.
Help with this STUPID computer!

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25867378&sort=threaded

Topics on top right:
HWTSC FAQ
FAQ Part II
How to Get Help FAQ
Block Cookies
Firefox Tips & Tricks
Fix/Repair IE
Home Networking
Spyware and Hijackers

From time to time I use HighJackThis.
I use this site to read HighJackThis log and fix things.
If I would come across something more complicated, good folks at MFool are there willing to help.

http://hijackthis.de/index.php

Could still use good advice, keep it comming.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
who owns meso-rx?

I have never thought they encouraged board bashing. This whole thing is a little overblown. Both boards are thriving, which shows that there are niches for both. For awhile, AM's anti-aging bulletin board was drawing more traffice than Meso's. It looks as though the trend is now reversing. But such is the world of interent bulletin boards.

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never thought they encouraged board bashing. This whole thing is a little overblown. Both boards are thriving, which shows that there are niches for both. For awhile, AM's anti-aging bulletin board was drawing more traffice than Meso's. It looks as though the trend is now reversing. But such is the world of interent bulletin boards.
Nah, the trend is up all over. As I said before, its not about AM and Meso but a few individuals who are trying to start their own board and they are trying to feed off the others. 3-4 posters aren't "traffic" :)

We would rather have less posts and more people that respect and follow the rules all the while respecting each other along with the MOD staff.

Its such a small niche anyway. Its never going to get a ton of traffic.

BillfromNJ

Awards
who owns meso-rx?

I don't think there was any bashing just some observations from people who read and post on both boards

This who thing is ridiculous who really cares I read both boards to hopefully further educate myself on TRT and Anti-Aging but lately it seems mostly duplicate posts and more activity there as far as posts of course meso could just be the flavor of the week and in a few weeks everyone will be on another board talking how meso is dead .... and so on and so on

BillfromNJ

Awards
Well Said!

BillfromNJ

Awards
Nah, the trend is up all over. As I said before, its not about AM and Meso but a few individuals who are trying to start their own board and they are trying to feed off the others. 3-4 posters aren't "traffic" :)

Its a shame it has come to this, those 3 or 4 individuals were very knowledgeable and offered a lot to the board, but I guess if rules and regs are not followed there should be consequences

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, I don't believe more than one has been restricted from posting. That was some time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.