Lab results ??

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23%

Lab results ??

Ok so I got my lab work done by the advice of some of my mental health doctors. So story goes 5 years depression nothing seems to work so far prozac, zoloft, and the topic of testosterone levels comes up. Anyways came back at total test 543 range 241-827. I'm only 25 but for some reason I can't find a normal range by age group. Could I get some feedback please.

Sympt:
    Loss Libido, Loss desire for anything basicly, aniexty, appitite
    work out 3-4 times a week but its been a struggle to go last year, 170 10% Bf

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.61%

Testostereone is only the beginning... more likely cause is Adrenals or Thyroid. Here's some tests to get started, but may need more. Don't let dr tell you you don't need all the different Thyroid tests.. you do.

Cortisol AM (may need to do Saliva 4xs, but insurance usually doesnt cover, so start with AM cortisol)

Thyroid panel...
    - TSH
    - Free T4 (make sure these are FREE tests, not TOTAL)
    - Free T3
    - Thyroid peroxidase antibody (TPOAb)
    - Thyroglobulin antibody (TgAb)

2 hr Fasting Glucose

Vitamin B12
    Ferritin
    Iron
    Vitamin D

Testosterone
    Free Testosterone
    SHBG
    Estradiol (ultra-sensitive assay)

Doctors are way too quick with the anti-depressants... they are brainwashed by drug reps.

--------
    Quote Originally Posted by lilguy View Post
    Ok so I got my lab work done by the advice of some of my mental health doctors. So story goes 5 years depression nothing seems to work so far prozac, zoloft, and the topic of testosterone levels comes up. Anyways came back at total test 543 range 241-827. I'm only 25 but for some reason I can't find a normal range by age group. Could I get some feedback please.

Sympt:
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.61%

sorry, followup to my previous post.... ur Total T level is in the middle of the range.. for your age may be a bit low, but DO NOT take any Test. Again, more likely Thyroid or Adrenal issue and once these get straightened out, your T will likely rise a little.

Sympt:
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23%

I guess I will head back to the doc and ask him for some further tests. All he tested were total test, a metabolic panel, and prolactin. My glucose level came back on the boarder of high 105 didn't eat all morning and the test was at 4:00.But other then that all seemed normal.

On a side note I sometimes experience the shakes ie: feels like low blood sugar super weak ect. but I always just link it back to the energy drinks I have (8fl redbull ussaly in the morning) maybe thats not the case.

I'll check further into the adrenal issues. I'm at the point where I just want to feel right again.Nothing has seemed to help and I don't have any crazy underlaying issues which makes me wonder if something is physically not on.

Btw you right about perscriptions seems to be the first thing everyone wants to do for me. Great if you wanna walk around in a foggy mist all day long. Gets kinda boring after a while though.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I guess I will head back to the doc and ask him for some further tests. All he tested were total test, a metabolic panel, and prolactin. My glucose level came back on the boarder of high 105 didn't eat all morning and the test was at 4:00.But other then that all seemed normal.

On a side note I sometimes experience the shakes ie: feels like low blood sugar super weak ect. but I always just link it back to the energy drinks I have (8fl redbull ussaly in the morning) maybe thats not the case.

I'll check further into the adrenal issues. I'm at the point where I just want to feel right again.Nothing has seemed to help and I don't have any crazy underlaying issues which makes me wonder if something is physically not on.

Btw you right about perscriptions seems to be the first thing everyone wants to do for me. Great if you wanna walk around in a foggy mist all day long. Gets kinda boring after a while though.
    Red Bull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Red Bull is the brand name of an energy drink that originated in Thailand and, in a version adapted to Austrian tastes, is now popular throughout the world. Sold by Red Bull GmbH as an energy drink to combat mental and physical fatigue,
    it contains, per 250 ml (8.3 U.S. fl. oz.) serving,
    about 21.5 g sucrose,
    5.25 g of glucose,
    50 mg of inositol,
    1000 mg of taurine,
    600 mg of glucuronolactone,
    vitamin B --
    20 mg of Niacin,
    5 mg of Vitamin B6,
    5 mg of Pantothenic Acid and
    .005 mg of Vitamin B12-- and
    80 mg of caffeine.
    The caffeine in one serving is similar to that found in an average cup of brewed coffee (typically 100 mg/250 ml cup, but 72 mg for a U.S. regular 6 fluid ounces cup of coffee) or twice as much as found in a can of Coke (40 mg/330 ml can). A sugar-free version has been available since the beginning of 2003. Sugar-free Red Bull is sweetened with aspartame, as opposed to sucrose and glucose

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 04:26 PM
  2. T1-Pro Lab Results 2
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
  3. skewing lab results
    By SJA in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 06:49 PM
  4. T1-Pro lab results