Low blood pressure and adrenal fatugue......

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.17%

Low blood pressure and adrenal fatugue......

A side affect of adrenal fatigue or exhaustion is low or low end blood pressure.

I always knew that but DRs were always telling me my blood pressure was excellent when I knew this was a symptom of something worse.

So.........how do I raise my blood pressure?

Salt? If So......what kind?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.5%

i'd have bloodwork done to check out adrenal function... then you can go from there
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.17%

been there done that.....I have very low adrenal function
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.5%

and they didn't perscribe any meds? i dunno what to tell ya... stims will increase blood pressure, but will not help your adrenal function in the long run
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.29%

Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    A side affect of adrenal fatigue or exhaustion is low or low end blood pressure.

I always knew that but DRs were always telling me my blood pressure was excellent when I knew this was a symptom of something worse.

Did you get your aldosterone & renin tested ?

Aldosterone is made by the adrenals & helps regulate sodium and potassium levels in the body. This helps control blood pressure and the balance of fluids and electrolytes in the blood. So yes, low aldosterone from adrenal fatigue can therefore cause low blood pressure. Note not all cases of adrenal fatigue will result in low Aldosterone.

Sea salt can be used when aldosterone is low. Usually 1/4-1 tsp mixed in water 2 times a day. More severe cases may require prescrip med Florinef
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

HC is also a mineral-corticosteroid. First thing if adrenals are wacked is to lay off all stressful activity (including intense exercise) and get on HC. Start slow, and work up to 20mg and see if that is enough. SOme have to go hihgher, much higher (im at 42.5mg) but dont even think about going there until you been on 20mg for a while.

But the advice to get renin and aldosterone tested first is a good piece of advice. If they are off, HC 'might' be enough along with GOOD quality sea salt...not just your store bought white refined from sea salt, but the grey or green rough stuff. Do that 1/2 first thing am and then around 4pm. Use salt liberally on food. If not enough, you can add in .1mg of florinef to help.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.99%

Trying to bring up the BP without adressing the adrenal dysfunction is treating a symptom, rather than addressing the cause. If you give yourself proper adrenal support, perhaps in the form of isocort or hydrocortisone, the BP should come up.

The first thing you need to do is place yourself under the care of a physician who believes that there is such a thing as adrenal fatigue. Most mainstream physicians don't
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.95%

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    The first thing you need to do is place yourself under the care of a physician who believes that there is such a thing as adrenal fatigue. Most mainstream physicians don't
    Why is this? I mean you can be deficient in any number of things: Vitamins, minerals, macronutrients, enzymes, other hormones...why do they think it's so crazy for adrenal hormones to be off, especially in the presence of other hormone malfunctions. Seems like poor logic to say it doesnt exist.
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.17%

Trying to bring up the BP without adressing the adrenal dysfunction is treating a symptom, rather than addressing the cause. If you give yourself proper adrenal support, perhaps in the form of isocort or hydrocortisone, the BP should come up.

I am under the care of an excellent DR who "gets" it.

Thing is I cant afford to see him as often as I would like and my adrenals are very slow to normalize.....although I realize it takes time.

I know I am treating a symptom...but once things get back to normal....I am hoping adrenals will pick up too.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.99%

Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Why is this? I mean you can be deficient in any number of things: Vitamins, minerals, macronutrients, enzymes, other hormones...why do they think it's so crazy for adrenal hormones to be off, especially in the presence of other hormone malfunctions. Seems like poor logic to say it doesnt exist.

I agree, it doesn't make sense. But they think its mumbo-jumbo made up by alternative practitioners. Basically, they don't recognize any type of adrenal insufficiency exept acute adrenal insufficiency and Addison's disease.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.95%

I agree, it doesn't make sense. But they think its mumbo-jumbo made up by alternative practitioners. Basically, they don't recognize any type of adrenal insufficiency exept acute adrenal insufficiency and Addison's disease.
    I guess Im in for an earfull when I go to the endo soon. They mailed me the new patient papers so I didnt have to fill them out at the office. On "reasons why you are here" I have listed possible adrenal insufficiency among other things. This should be interesting.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.17%

There is really no money in it for DRs to treat adrenal exhaustion.....except the moral obligation to do their job...which went out the window years ago.

I almost think DRs are as mad at us as we are at them. The reason I am mad is because I asked them to treat me and they would not.....so I sometimes get irritable with them and they start to act like three year olds.

I have been threatened by DRs on three different occasions....minor stuff like one threatened to sue me...after he committed malpractice. I can only laugh.

Our best (only?) weapon is to continue to educate ourselves.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.73%

Bacon and sausages at breakfast time do the trick for me. I dip the latter in a bit of soy or terriyaki sauce. Perks you right up, great for curing hangovers!

Sodium owns. I love the stuff. The adrenals burn through it like crazy. People who say that low sodium is healthy are clueless. That dogma is as outdated as getting chest x-rays once a year.

And I have adrenal fatigue as confirmed by saliva/urine analysis of cortisol and neurotransmitters.

Quote Originally Posted by CF10 View Post
    Poor logic it is, rational it isn't. Welcome to mainstream medicine.

It is absolutely ridiculous what they are getting away with.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Optimise Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
    By corndog in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
  3. question about blood pressure and m1t6
    By 1ad man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 09:13 PM
  4. Replies: 17