ARMOUR vrs Synthroid & Cytomel - AnabolicMinds.com

ARMOUR vrs Synthroid & Cytomel

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Answers

ARMOUR vrs Synthroid & Cytomel

I am currently taking 2g of Armour for the last 2 months. Prior to this I was on .125 generic synthroid. I finally convinced my previous Dr. to switch me to armour and I felt more energy and was able to stop taking Provigil to help with being so tired.

My new Dr. (who is great for treating my TRT) does not like Armour because he states in unstable and dosages can vary from batch to batch. Either way it doesnt matter I'm getting my test results back next week and I'm sure he will not want to scribe me Armour again. I asked him about doing both synthroid and cytomel and want to know everyones opinion.

Also, is generic aromur (called simply thyroid) as good as the name brand?

2. Advanced Member
    Answers

corndog, it's a little OT, but would you mind sharing your pre and post treatment thyroid lab values?

3. Professional Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by corndog View Post
    I am currently taking 2g of Armour for the last 2 months. Prior to this I was on .125 generic synthroid. I finally convinced my previous Dr. to switch me to armour and I felt more energy and was able to stop taking Provigil to help with being so tired.

My new Dr. (who is great for treating my TRT) does not like Armour because he states in unstable and dosages can vary from batch to batch. Either way it doesnt matter I'm getting my test results back next week and I'm sure he will not want to scribe me Armour again. I asked him about doing both synthroid and cytomel and want to know everyones opinion.

Also, is generic aromur (called simply thyroid) as good as the name brand?
    I started thread recently on generic Armour Thyroid called Thyroid and sold for $4.95 from LEF pharmacy.
    The conclussion on following posts was that nothing beats original Armour Thyroid.
    I since bought original Armour at my local pharmacy.
    In a bind (if you cannot convince your doc) it can be had over internet, I have done it, the wait is slightly over one month, so plan ahead.

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I will post my numbers once I get my 2nd labs back. These numbers are from July when I was on synthroid

TSH - .89
    FREE T4 - .90
    FREE T3 - either forgot to write thses down or I think old Dr. didnt request T3. Getting a complete thyroid panel tomorrow and should have the numbers next Monday or Tuesday.

JanSz - I read you post and I have a link for Armour you gave me a few months ago. Let me ask you this. I started on 2g of generic Armour and felt great. Having problems with being tired so asked Dr. to up the dose and that when he mentioned he didnt like Armour and said to get a blood test.

So any thoughts on the synthroid/cytomel combo? I know you and most of Dr. John's followers love Armour so just asking. Without searching do you know what is the optimal #'s are for each. I'm sure I can get it off LEF if not.

5. Professional Member
    Answers

I will post my numbers once I get my 2nd labs back. These numbers are from July when I was on synthroid

TSH - .89
    FREE T4 - .90
    FREE T3 - either forgot to write thses down or I think old Dr. didnt request T3. Getting a complete thyroid panel tomorrow and should have the numbers next Monday or Tuesday.

JanSz - I read you post and I have a link for Armour you gave me a few months ago. Let me ask you this. I started on 2g of generic Armour and felt great. Having problems with being tired so asked Dr. to up the dose and that when he mentioned he didnt like Armour and said to get a blood test.

So any thoughts on the synthroid/cytomel combo? I know you and most of Dr. John's followers love Armour so just asking. Without searching do you know what is the optimal #'s are for each. I'm sure I can get it off LEF if not.
    Depending on the labs one uses the numbers may look different.
    There was a talk to keep FreeT3 and FreeT4 in like 80% of the top range.
    I went over the range on FreeT3 and did not feel any thing unusual.
    After I found it out I lowered my Armour from 4 to 3 grains.
    My new results are comming, hopefully soon.
    Synthroid(T4)/Cytomel(T3) combo is better than T4 alone.
    For a while you probably do not need the T4.

I would just either change doctor or buy Armour from internet and do not tell him about.
    Just make sure he gives you scripts for FreeT3 and FreeT4 blood testing, that is where you need him most.

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Cool, I like Armour so want to stay with it. Hoping it would also help me with loosing a little BF I have.

7. Professional Member
    Answers

Cool, I like Armour so want to stay with it. Hoping it would also help me with loosing a little BF I have.
    If for some reason you get short on Armour, for short while you could probably go either on T3+T4 or just T3.
    Reading from my labels on Armour bottles:

1Grain Armour=38mcg(T4)+9mcg(T3)

3grains Armour=114mcg(T4)=27mcg(T3)

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Cool, I was on 125mcg when doing synthoid. 2G of Armour now.

9. Professional Member
    Answers

Cool, I was on 125mcg when doing synthoid. 2G of Armour now.
    I would not do this!!!!!
    When you took T4=Synthroid many people do not convert enough T4-->T3 and that is where the whole problem lies.
    Eventually you may need the 2grains or whatewer it will come to be, but you have to get there slowly, and that includes your adrenal support.

So do not rush.

Had you told me that you were using XXmcg of T3=Cytomel then you probably could go straight for equivalent dose of Armour.

10. Advanced Member
    Answers

TSH - .89
    FREE T4 - .90

I'd love to know the reference ranges because it seems this is another example of someone having a "normal" TSH but low Free T4.

11. New Member
    Answers

Your doctor doesn't prescribe you HCG or Armour and you believe he is great at treating your TRT? I would find a new doctor. One willing to work with me, not against me.

12. Senior Member
    Answers

the problem with synthroid/t3 combo is it doesnt give you the t1 and t2 metabolites that your thryoid (and armour) naturally provide. Some dont think this is a big deal.....as we really dont know much about t1 and t2. Others think it makes all the difference in the world.

my advice.....if you really like the doc....get your own thyroid-s online (fairly cheap and can get 1000 pills of 1 grain). so you will not run out again....if your in bind for the next few weeks; switch to t3/synth while your waiting for the thryoid-s to come in the mail (can take up to 3 weeks).

but best bet is to get a new doc.

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I've read where Armour is better to divide up the dose. So if I take 3d/day break it up to 1g 3x/d

14. Professional Member
    Answers

I've read where Armour is better to divide up the dose. So if I take 3d/day break it up to 1g 3x/d
    If you end up buying from the site I have send you, and you are using (like me) 3grains/day, then it is easy to cut 3grains pills into halfs, if you find that not good enough they are just as easy to cut into quartes.
    Just deal with one pill a day. That is do not pre-cut them ahead of the time. The cuts are never even, you may end up with wrong dose.

Armour Thyroid 180mg - 300 Tablets US $250.50----------------------------------

The wait is one month, plan ahead.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 12:58 AM
  2. Anyone here takes levothyroxine, synthroid, or armour For HypoThyroid?
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 01:47 AM
  3. liquid cytomel measuring
    By Kow in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 12:28 AM
  4. Fina: powder vrs pellets
    By skinheadken in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:37 PM
  5. Cytomel question